Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Nigerian, Austrian Firms To Make Vehicles Run On Gas - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian, Austrian Firms To Make Vehicles Run On Gas (8409 Views)

Convert Your Gen To Run On Gas And Save Costs / Comprehensive Guide To Converting Your Petrol Car To Run On Compressed Natural G / Help - My Car Gear Won't Shift Until I Remove My Leg on Gas Pedal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian, Austrian Firms To Make Vehicles Run On Gas by Litmus: 10:16am On Mar 29, 2018
mikeapollo:

It is strange how we celebrate mediocrity in Nigeria
What road-side auto-technicians in Ghana have been doing successfully for 15years is what Austrian firms are coming to help Nigerians do now. And we foolishly claim to know everything more/better than other people! Mtcheeew!

Eh, mister ghanafantasic, if you read only few of the posts it would've been clear that many such gas vehicles conversions already pligh Nigerian roads - none presumably converted by the said Austrian firm. If an individual's intention is to publicise something, they're hardly going to state, for example: Come and buy my Not the best or first Mountain water in a bottle (Ghana sells many and South Africa too)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian, Austrian Firms To Make Vehicles Run On Gas by matrixme(m): 11:12am On Mar 29, 2018
on a more serious note, I think we really need to sell Nigeria on Jumia or Konga and donate the money to the less-privileged so we can all return to our villages. When serious minded countries are talking of 100% renewable energy conversion and doing away with petrol, here we are still thinking of how to run our city buses on waste gases from our flaring activities. In this jet age, talking about gas flaring is the same as using firewood for cooking, or the old "ogusho" (palm kernel waste) for lightening. so very old school!!
Re: Nigerian, Austrian Firms To Make Vehicles Run On Gas by ikaleguy(m): 11:43am On Mar 29, 2018
This development is not entirely new in Nigeria.Go to Edo State buses/taxis run on CNG.

NIPCO owns and operates the filling stations.

Even there are vehicles that run on LPG( cooking gas) just that the level of awareness is still low.

Burns cleaner, cheaper/litre, and more efficient.

And there are Mechanics/Technicians that does the conversion.

Vehicle runs on dual fuel( Petrol or Gas ). If no gas filling plant, switch to petrol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian, Austrian Firms To Make Vehicles Run On Gas by LaudableXX: 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2018
mikeapollo:
My friend, it is true that most taxis in Ghana use gas, liquefied natural gas that is used for cooking. They buy the gas from LNG filling stations just like users of gas cooking cylinders do.
The gas cylinder is worked/fixed unto the taxis by Ghanaian auto-technicians(mechanics) and they have been doing this for about 15 years now.

It is strange how we celebrate mediocrity in Nigeria
What road-side auto-technicians in Ghana have been doing successfully for 15years is what Austrian firms are coming to help Nigerians do now. And we foolishly claim to know everything more than other people! Mtcheeew!

How many LNG stations or LNG gas plants do we have in Nigeria, that sell liquefied natural gas directly to end users?? shocked
Re: Nigerian, Austrian Firms To Make Vehicles Run On Gas by LaudableXX: 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2018
Litmus:
Eh, mister ghanafantasic, if you read only few of the posts it would've been clear that many such gas vehicles conversions already pligh Nigerian roads - none presumably converted by the said Austrian firm. If an individual's intention is to publicise something, they're hardly going to state, for example: Come and buy my Not the best or first Mountain water in a bottle (Ghana sells many and South Africa too)

Oga, don't mind him jare, there are vehicles in Nigeria that run on CNG, especially in Edo State. There are several others, that also have been converted to run on LPG, within Lagos and Kano. undecided The awareness is low in Naija, but there are efforts to increase conversion of vehicles and sale of autogas. During the bad petrol scarcity last year, I had a friend who was always on the road, and never queued for fuel. His car could run on LPG, as it had already undergone a conversion process. So he was just filling his car with LPG at the nearest Oando station, and driving off to any destination he chose.
Re: Nigerian, Austrian Firms To Make Vehicles Run On Gas by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2018
Interesting and good for the nation.

Dont really have complaints right now.

Please check my signature.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord / At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? / I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.