Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

How Opera News Is Scamming Nigerian Publishers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Opera News Is Scamming Nigerian Publishers (3756 Views)

Why Do AD Networks Pay Nigerian Publishers Lesser? / Nigerian Publishers Flay Opera News Over Unremitted Payments / Amazon Suspends Earlier Announced Intro Of ETF For Nigerian Publishers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Opera News Is Scamming Nigerian Publishers by scribble: 9:17am On Mar 29, 2018
Opera news made a lot of npise and has a plethora of Nigerian publishers on the platform.

Yet they dont keep to theor end of the agreement. They put adverts alongside your content but they do not pay you your share of ad revenue as promised.

Has anyone on the opera news platform been paid?

I hear the way around this is to ask them to delist your website and then they will try to send you visitors to your own site direct.

Why is opera, a big IT firm such a scam in the Nigerian market?

Has anyone been paid by Opera?

Is Opera exploiting you, share your stories
Re: How Opera News Is Scamming Nigerian Publishers by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 29, 2018
Since I learnt that a Chinese conglomerate acquired Opera, I knew I can never trust the company anymore. First, I uninstalled the Opera mini browser which is now riddled with ads, and anything Opera is a no no to me. tongue
Re: How Opera News Is Scamming Nigerian Publishers by dogstyle007(m): 11:05am On Mar 29, 2018
hmmm interesting... never liked them though. I prefer Google news publisher
Re: How Opera News Is Scamming Nigerian Publishers by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2018
Opera is indeed a scam, when it comes to publishing and revenue
Re: How Opera News Is Scamming Nigerian Publishers by scribble: 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2018
Klassdann:
Opera is indeed a scam, when it comes to publishing and revenue

Why arent publishers calling them to order. If they are publisuing their content and getting views, they should be able to pay them the revenue as agree

1 Like

Re: How Opera News Is Scamming Nigerian Publishers by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2018
Opera is the only browser that blocks ads from other sites, then replace it with a more annoying ad. I uninstalled the app years ago.. Wonder why people still use it.
Re: How Opera News Is Scamming Nigerian Publishers by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2018
scribble:
Opera news made a lot of npise and has a plethora of Nigerian publishers on the platform.

Yet they dont keep to theor end of the agreement. They put adverts alongside your content but they do not pay you your share of ad revenue as promised.

Has anyone on the opera news platform been paid?

I hear the way around this is to ask them to delist your website and then they will try to send you visitors to your own site direct.

Why is opera, a big IT firm such a scam in the Nigerian market?

Has anyone been paid by Opera?

Is Opera exploiting you, share your stories

Have they gotten back to you as regards to your balance there?
Re: How Opera News Is Scamming Nigerian Publishers by YorubaMod(m): 9:02am On May 03, 2020
Opera news is a app for kids, it's full of rubbish fake news - so annoying that it will make you delete the app.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hi, I Am Emmanuel; The Owner Of Tradelify, Ask Me Anything / My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared / How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.