Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Free Things And Ingratitude - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Free Things And Ingratitude (400 Views)

Act Of Ingratitude / 15 Stress-free Things Every Nigerian Should Do At Home As A Contribution To SDG / Get These 13 Things And You'll Be Respected By All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Free Things And Ingratitude by dexterautonomy(m): 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2018
I once heard that "the good things in life are free". Talk about the sun - source of energy, air - source of life, earth - source of food, emotions - source of reason, and the likes but please, don't mention water (from where I'm from, water is not free at all, we pay to drink. Thank you for your understanding).

Now, because these things are free, not only are their values neglected but they are "conspicuously non-existent", figuratively speaking. This by extension has affected or should I say is part of the human psychology. Humans cannot actually estimate the value of something that is free because it's "irrelevant" to do such, and somehow they attach a characteristic "cheap" price tag/evaluation to their subconscious as regards the value of such "free things". As the saying goes, cheap things are not good and good things are not cheap, I'll leave you to infer to that. It is not entirely a bad thing, it's just human nature and it is not about not giving what belong to kings to pigs, no, it's about being human. These "free things" could be goods or services, ideas and/or solutions, assistance or what have you, of varying magnitude/capacity. This single act has in essence created the culture of ingratitude. It is also true that humans do not easily forget the things they paid to get and attach more value to things as such they paid for. Like the saying goes, if you want people to appreciate you for what you have done, let them pay for it. This statement is bi-faceted and true in all respects. So, am I saying we charge for everything we do? No, not really, but saying something that has worth does and it's either we chose to let go completely or charge in full for it. For instance, the reason why there is so much wickedness and man's inhumanity to man is because air and particularly oxygen - needed to sustain life - is free, so actually it is not regarded nor appreciated. Now, imagine paying daily for this air-of-life. There will be this certain consciousness and more time will be accrued towards making the best off of it. You know the rest, well at least, if for nothing, "humans do not easily forget the things they paid to get and attach more value to things as such they paid for". I can continue on health, physical pain, death etc and a whole lot of consciousness these put on the human mind. They all come with a price tag/evaluation that forces one to think, I wish I can be well again, I wish I feel no pains anymore and.....and..... I wish I can come back to life, respectively. But for the latter, it's quite late. Now, when you live life like you pay for the air you breathe, you have no time thinking of the other to kill.
Re: Free Things And Ingratitude by dexterautonomy(m): 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2018
snoop4real:
yinmi Hneedshthis:I [url=kyvqlsnfow.ml/r/byikson3]We Buy Waste Or Used Papers[/url] .

SuxNXZ byikson OdTGGS mumanex ftQU6V best827 ElZ0H3 cliqboy wLMjMx dexterautonomy AL7O0Z femijay8271 bvzjXD katewhite xXDCrd kingsleyumeh007 i7jZLL cosmicjames
I don't understand

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Difference Between This Church Offices / My Okada Story / Start Making Money Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.