Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down (62288 Views)

List Of Roads To Be Closed As President Buhari Visits Lagos On Wednesday / Stranded Lagosians As President Buhari Visits Lagos (More Photos) / President Buhari Visits His Farm In Daura Wearing Snickers And Khaftan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by Originalsly: 5:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
Offendersyoung:
Only in Nigeria, president visit stops normal life
Really?....you're out of touch....wayyyyy out of touch....even your ancestors know better.
@ topic.... she needed to be arrested... no respect for law. But why would they shut down the bridge if the President is not going to cross on or under it? Makes no sense.
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2018
crismark:

a fool's speech...
go 2 our villages nd see d wonders ursef...

am in ondo state 4 service nd d place is ntn to write home abt...
youths nd able bodied men do ntn all day aside playing draft/checkers..

lazy asses...

Glad you did not mention cities.
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by humilitypays(m): 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2018
Euouae:

Sharrap! 1997 kid

Our alliance with the North got us to where we stand today. It's a symbiotic rrelationship and a win win for both

You wouldn't advice we align with flat heads? You can see how marginalised they have been since existence of Nigeria. Nothing to boast about to proof they are part of the country. 5%
God and nature are reading, continue....time, just time which u and I dont know will surely tell, continue

1 Like

Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by larrygee(m): 5:53pm On Mar 29, 2018
While we condemn the actions of the govt and not happy with them, are u sure of d cause of arrest as i still see pedestrians on the bridge. God help Nigeria
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by habtund(f): 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2018
Follygunners:

Gbenu buruku e soun. angry Olofo lasn lasn... Na your papa be slaves to them..
Iru yin loma tara ile e lopo. Ode. angry angry angry
abi ooo, I no sure say na Yoruba man

1 Like

Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by crismark(m): 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
Euouae:

Glad you did not mention cities.

all of dem..
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by miqos02(m): 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
Wow

E tii mo meme

1 Like

Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by Leonbonapart(m): 5:57pm On Mar 29, 2018
sunnysunny69:
I am Christian Yoruba and proud. Yoruba see themselves as one, you keen talking of Yoruba muslim here and there. Guyman don't kill yourself please on top Yoruba matter . In our land we know no Muslim Yoruba or Christian Yoruba, we even love the traditional religious worshipers, we are one entity, your people are just terrible playing an opposition government and jealous of us, simple !

EDIT

To the dude below me it's not hypocrisy it's simply politics. Am not a Tinubu fan myself but Jonathan government took Yoruba race to the cleaners, they lost everything invested in him after he had grip on power. When the northern power that be prevented him becoming president after Yaradua I remember the fight and protest started in Lagos, his first election he swept Yoruba states, as soon as he got firm grip of power , they were dumped. A look at his political appointment will prove this, Igbo fell for his chasm and they got burned in the finger.
you are just a plain eediotic slave... nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by habtund(f): 6:00pm On Mar 29, 2018
greiboy:

Only if you knew a lot of pastors in the southwest had Muslim backgrounds, only of you knew a bunch of Muslim governors in the southwest have christian wives.

Only if you knew before making this comment

no mind dat yeye man, we Yorubas no dey carry religion for head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by sunnysunny69(m): 6:00pm On Mar 29, 2018
Leonbonapart:
you are just a plain eediotic slave... nonsense
you a pig ?
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by CocoaOla: 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2018
this people dont behave like public servant at all after brain washing us to vote for them under hot sun and rain they will start behaving like gods no human equality this country is caused.
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2018
obonujoker:
If you listen to yoruba muslims rants eh, you'd think the whole yorubas love Buhari....

We Yoruba Muslims are really trying when we defend Buhari, and also good at goal post shifting as well....
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by pedrilo: 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2018
White007:
I remember when Goodluck Jonathan visited Lagos. Apc said the president's visit had caused a major armed robbery attack in Lagos . That Jonathan should not cause any traffic hold up in Lagos. They complained bitterly about the 15 minutes traffic jam that Jonathan's visit brought. They said that Lagos was too commercially minded to wait for 15 minutes.

But today same Apc locked down Lagos. Not for 15 minutes. For a whole day! They stopped everybody from working. Not for 15 minutes,but for one full day.

Same people who complained about 15 minutes lock down are now applauding 24 hours lock down!

Stinking Hypocrites!
this is why suffering will abide in our land
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by Dheartless: 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2018
The man that was arrested along side is a fool ...
The Lady committed a crime.
Nigerian police is garbage .
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by hollywater: 6:18pm On Mar 29, 2018
Afonjas are known for crying at last.I don't care.Lagos can locked down for a week.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by iamdannyfc(m): 6:19pm On Mar 29, 2018
Bolster:

Mumu. Worship in what sense? If it is when there's a marriage or burial or some kind of festivity, yes Muslims enter Churches to partake in it.

In fact I personally walked in my cousin into the church when she was getting married. My entire family was there singing and dancing and jubilating. And I'm a practicing Muslim.

If your tribe don't do unity, in Yoruba land we don't discriminate against ourselves. Both religions celebrate with others. Even when the time for masquerade, egungun comes we all celebrate and observe all the time restrictions, taboos and other restrictions.

That's Yoruba for you. I'm so proud of my people.
That was how one igbo man was calling niger delta igbos as illegitimate

1 Like

Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by daveP(m): 6:25pm On Mar 29, 2018
shame on you Ambode for abusing the fundamental human rights of Lagos citizens. shame on you!!!!
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by smirn(m): 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2018
White007:
I remember when Goodluck Jonathan visited Lagos. Apc said the president's visit had caused a major armed robbery attack in Lagos . That Jonathan should not cause any traffic hold up in Lagos. They complained bitterly about the 15 minutes traffic jam that Jonathan's visit brought. They said that Lagos was too commercially minded to wait for 15 minutes.

But today same Apc locked down Lagos. Not for 15 minutes. For a whole day! They stopped everybody from working. Not for 15 minutes,but for one full day.

Same people who complained about 15 minutes lock down are now applauding 24 hours lock down!

Stinking Hypocrites!
Lock down for the clueless hat man not allowed. PMB our man. Two things may look alike but you can't compare them.
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2018
sunnysunny69:
I am Christian Yoruba and proud. Yoruba see themselves as one, you keen talking of Yoruba muslim here and there. Guyman don't kill yourself please on top Yoruba matter . In our land we know no Muslim Yoruba or Christian Yoruba, we even love the traditional religious worshipers, we are one entity, your people are just terrible playing an opposition government and jealous of us, simple !

EDIT

To the dude below me it's not hypocrisy it's simply politics. Am not a Tinubu fan myself but Jonathan government took Yoruba race to the cleaners, they lost everything invested in him after he had grip on power. When the northern power that be prevented him becoming president after Yaradua I remember the fight and protest started in Lagos, his first election he swept Yoruba states, as soon as he got firm grip of power , they were dumped. A look at his political appointment will prove this, Igbo fell for his chasm and they got burned in the finger.
gbayi
omoluabi nie jor
awon werey omo Igbo ti won so cownu di olorun won
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by owooba: 6:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
If you guys think Nigeria is practicing democracy then you on a different planet, the truth is who ever suggested the ideal to shut down a own commercial city like Lagos are really clueless and dnt fit to dictate to the citizens of a great nation like naija, for real guys. Lagos generate a lot of revenue for the entire country, not to talk of a president that can"t get things right to put you all on a stand still. I remember when OBAMA was the president and came to New York, nobody knew O was in town until he left was when the new yorker"s knew Obama was in town.
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by sparko1(m): 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
Jus obey civil authority and keep ursef from wahala....shikena
Dis one na she do hersef....its a pity tho

The number of people that will comment here won't make any difference, just obey authority! They can arrest her for so many reasons that she will regret! Some people don't know touching a policeman uniform is a crime, not to talk of dragging it!

1 Like

Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by Akukogagara: 6:40pm On Mar 29, 2018
Ambode!!!!!! I know you are very intelligent but unfortunately you are too much of a boy to your godfathers (tinubu, buhari etc) try and man up for once like fashola and don't always be saying yes sir. Useless puppet.
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by skales67(m): 6:45pm On Mar 29, 2018
greatnaija01:
wow.... THIS IS CLEAR SIGN that BUHARI has lost LAGOS in 2019

For wia...the Lagoon monkey faced Oba will still convince the Sudanese Accommodators to vote for him again.

1 Like

Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by 3kay945(m): 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2018
Nothing is looking good in this country. It is a shame.
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 29, 2018
obonujoker:

Ogbeni koshi kuro jare.... can you as a muslim worship with a Christian in his church.....

It happens so many times, even on new year's eve some (younger ones follow friends to) do it in church.

Just that Christians hardly go to mosques because mode of worship is strict and largely because of language barriers (Arabic).

Away from that, I think the only hostile part where this might not be common in Yorubaland will be Kwara State where the Moslems there are not plain Yorubas but mixed Fulani-Yoruba.

An average Yoruba thinks differently about humanity, religion or all those stuffs.

In short Yorubas are liberal religiously, politically etc. That's why others see us as double agents because while others are holding this view another group is supporting other views without fear or fervour unlike other tribes who believes all their members must follow one lane only...either across religious or ethnic or other whatnots line.
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 6:55pm On Mar 29, 2018
This is what happen when a slave want to challenge his master grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by nex(m): 6:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
Buhari has shown Nigerians his true colours. All those people you see on the side of the roads when Buhari is visiting their states, they are trekking because they were banned from using their cars, and banned from using pedestrian bridges.

1 Like

Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by coolbarrie: 6:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
obonujoker:

Ogbeni koshi kuro jare.... can you as a muslim worship with a Christian in his church.....

What are you saying useful idiot
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by coolbarrie: 6:59pm On Mar 29, 2018
BoneBlogger:
Earlier today, Nigerians were made to stand under the scorching sun and were also not allowed to use Pedestrian bridge because President Muhammadu is in Lagos. Major roads in the state were shut down - leaving motorists and road users stranded due to the president's visit.

According to reports, one young lady asked why can’t they use the pedestrian bridge as she decided to 'disobey the state order'. The young lady was beaten by the policemen and also arrested alongside with one other man who tried to help her - to the shock of other bystanders..

Meanwhile, Nigerians have condemned the virtual shutdown of Lagos due to the visit of President Muhammadu Buhari.

They also berated the Governor Akinwunmi Ambode-led government for shutting down the nation’s commercial hub.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/lady-arrested-for-trying-to-use-a-shut-down-pedestrian-bridge-in-lagos.html

Nigeria police are just politicians dog
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by Jacktheripper: 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2018
Onyochejohn:
Bitcoin is a scam like MMM. 419
Bastard
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by sylve11: 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2018
taylor89:
Maybe the lady they're beating is an SSCE holder

While the shrubs of a malnourished president came into power with NEPA bills

No wonder they say we yorubas are slaves to the abokis

Lwkmd grin cool
Re: Lady Arrested As Buhari Visits Lagos For Trying To Use A Bridge Shut Down by sylve11: 7:12pm On Mar 29, 2018
Follygunners:

Gbenu buruku e soun. angry Olofo lasn lasn... Na your papa be slaves to them..

Iru yin loma tara ile e lopo. Ode. angry angry angry

Sorry o grin grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Twitter Ban: Canada, The EU, Ireland, UK And US Issues Joint Statement / Bola Tinubu And Ambode At The Eyo Festival In Lagos (Photos) / Demolishing Of Okorocha Daughter's Reach FM By Uzodimma's Agents Begins In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.