Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo (3926 Views)

The Most Expensive Chicken In The World / Hero Dog In Thailand Saves New Baby Buried Alive By Mother / Monkey Pulls Down Woman’s Top In Thailand, Exposing Her Boobs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Explorers(m): 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2018
The headless chicken that found internet fame for surviving more than a week after being decapitated has now been adopted by monks.

Earlier this week the headless chicken made headlines around the world as it survived a beheading and was looked after by a kindly vet.

The remarkable bird was found in the Mueang Ratchaburi district of Ratchaburi Province in central, Thailand.

Now a new video of the amazing creature is going viral, showing monks caring for it by feeding it through a syringe.

She said at the time: 'The animal has its life. If it wants to live, we feed it.

'Very occasionally, chickens survive being beheaded because of an unusual quirk of their anatomy.

The birds' brains are in their skulls at an angle, so the rear portion that controls automatic functions such as breathing can be left intact if the chicken is beheaded too high up the neck.

The vet who looked after the chicken called it 'a true warrior'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5556351/Headless-chicken-survives-WEEK-decapitated.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Explorers(m): 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2018
Over 70years ago, a farmer beheaded a chicken in Colorado, and it refused to die.

Mike, as the bird became known, survived for 18 months and became famous.

But how did he live without a head for so long, asks Chris Stokel-Walker.

On 10 September 1945 Lloyd Olsen and his wife Clara were killing chickens, on their farm in Fruita, Colorado.

Olsen would decapitate the birds, his wife would clean them up. But one of the 40 or 50 animals that went under Olsen's hatchet that day didn't behave like the rest.

They got down to the end and had one who was still alive, up and walking around, says the couple's great-grandson.

The chicken kicked and ran, and didn't stop.

It was placed in an old apple box on the farm's screened porch for the night, and when Lloyd Olsen woke the following morning, he stepped outside to see what had happened.

"The damn thing was still alive," says Waters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by taylor89(m): 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
Osun and Ogun state plc

Thailand branch

1 Like

Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Fabulous47(m): 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
How the f*ck does it feed
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Coloradvantage(m): 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2018
the brain is very much there. look at the skull.
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by sinaj(f): 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
I think there was a celebrity chicken like diz about a century ago.

1 Like

Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Taiyescott(m): 4:39pm On Mar 29, 2018
If this should happen in Nigeria, some people will still blame Buhari undecided
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Evablizin(f): 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2018
Wow,the chicken's body lives on.

1 Like

Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Baldg: 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2018
shocked

AbamiAdiye
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by johnnyn1(m): 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2018
Chisos
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by adefemi007(m): 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2018
The methuselah of its generation
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by MXDMG(m): 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
When this happened in my house a long time ago during Christmas, my mother dunked it in a pot of hot water and put a big stone on the lid to not give it the chance of jumping out lol

2 Likes

Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by qreem231(m): 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2018
This reminded of the first time I killed a chicken. I didn't hold it down to die, I left it after beheading it. Na so the chicken just start to dey run up and down for like 10 minutes before the thing finally die, my kid sister no gree chop out of the chicken lol.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by TIDDOLL(m): 6:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
AKUDAYA Chickens.... undecided
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Olu317(m): 8:14pm On Mar 29, 2018
Explorers:
Over 70years ago, a farmer beheaded a chicken in Colorado, and it refused to die.

Mike, as the bird became known, survived for 18 months and became famous.

But how did he live without a head for so long, asks Chris Stokel-Walker.

On 10 September 1945 Lloyd Olsen and his wife Clara were killing chickens, on their farm in Fruita, Colorado.

Olsen would decapitate the birds, his wife would clean them up. But one of the 40 or 50 animals that went under Olsen's hatchet that day didn't behave like the rest.

They got down to the end and had one who was still alive, up and walking around, says the couple's great-grandson.

The chicken kicked and ran, and didn't stop.

It was placed in an old apple box on the farm's screened porch for the night, and when Lloyd Olsen woke the following morning, he stepped outside to see what had happened.

"The damn thing was still alive," says Waters.
I am sure scientists had explanation for this, despite
no scientific research has created human life nor proven a headless living being to survive at all for that lon. This is another eye opener for those who think God dont exist. Though, it happened over half a century ago,this amazing story will linger on for hundreds of years or more to come.
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by jiddama(f): 11:40pm On Mar 29, 2018
If this scenario happened in my presence...
My own don finish cos it will serve as a lifetime supply of nightmares....

1 Like

Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by louiskay(m): 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2018
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Nature8(m): 12:47am On Mar 30, 2018
Hmm, unbelievable
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by partnerbiz4: 6:32am On Mar 30, 2018
dont kill it.
we vegan ni..
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Blakjewelry(m): 7:24am On Mar 30, 2018
Undead
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 30, 2018
dat chicken will make stew taste so nice,

mannagrills n barbeque over to u
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:53am On Mar 30, 2018
Chic-KEN with 9lives grin
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by J2381: 9:59am On Mar 30, 2018
sinaj:
I think there was a celebrity chicken like diz about a century ago.
You were alive then?
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by sinaj(f): 10:42am On Mar 30, 2018
J2381:
You were alive then?
yes I was
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by J2381: 11:09am On Mar 30, 2018
sinaj:
yes I was
tell me about it. grin
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 30, 2018
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Flexherbal(m): 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2018
Incredible !
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by cana882(m): 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ha

Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
franzeezco:

Hmmmm Renee

Werin i yaff do now?
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by Nickymezor(f): 7:33am On Mar 31, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by DannyJ19(m): 9:55am On Mar 31, 2018
lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Headless Chicken In Thailand Still Standing A Week After Being Decapitated(Photo by gurunlocker: 11:50am On Mar 31, 2018
If this happen in Nigeria, sure they will turn it to a religion thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oya Come Order For Your Asha (eagle) / Female Rotweiller Puppies Is Available / Boerboel's Breed Standard: How To Get A Pure- Bred Boerboel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.