Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 (9161 Views)

RMG's Ayo Shonaiya Official Statement On Mode 9 Vs Muna / M.i Vs Ikechukwu Vs Mode 9 Vs Naeto C Vs Illbliss Vs Ruggedman Vs Sauce Kid / ***breaking News - G-unit Signs Mode 9 *** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by freelance(m): 12:35pm On Mar 12, 2007
This two rappers are very hot grin grin cool. But i want you guys to decide who is hotter between ruggedy baba and Mode 9.

They are both tight. I feel ruggedy baba has some very nice party jamz but i don't think mode 9 has any and i feel ruggedy baba has witnessed more commercial success talking about album sales than Mode 9

But lyrically speaking Mode 9 is hot and ruggedy baba is hot.

So where does that leave me

You all decide!!!

Godspeeed!!
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by PoDeep(m): 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2007
Come on,man this kind of threads are bound to reach 100 pages or more.
Why?
Cos ruggedman fans would never admit mode9's better & Mode9 fans would never admit ruggedman's better.
So lets just do ourselves one big favour & bust the whole topic.
Yeah,bust it.
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by PoDeep(m): 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2007
Come on,man this kind of threads are bound to reach 100 pages or more.
Why?
Cos ruggedman fans would never admit mode9's better & Mode9 fans would never admit ruggedman's better.
So lets just do ourselves one big favour & bust the whole topic.
Yeah,bust it.
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by tosinadeda: 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2007
modeezy for shizzy ma nizzy

like rugged man, but when it comes to who is better its gat to be mode9
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by kaydee(m): 7:01pm On Mar 12, 2007
Modenine for real. Anyday anytime. The truth is just that any cat can snitch or drop a party track but when it comes to the metaphors and wordplays,then You got 2 be really dope.Take Nas 'n' Jay-Z for example,not a perfect example though.NAs' got party tracks like "U Owe Me" 'n' "Ouchi Walli Walli" and they equally good party tracks compared 2 any party track Jigga's got. He's still the King of New York despite Jigga's commercial success.
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by gbadex1(m): 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2007
Blah blah blah, more bullshit and the story goes on and on. . . .
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by freelance(m): 9:42am On Apr 04, 2007
I believe there still has to be a number one. Is Ruggeddy baba gradually losing his position and his mode 9 taking over.
Listened to Mode 9's album and most of the songs there were very tight and he had a very good concept, Ruggedy Baba also has some tight songs on his album.
I believe Ruggedy baba has a tighter stage performance than Mode 9 and he would rock better in parties.

I hope they get to do a duet or collaboration very soon.

Godspeed!!!
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by namzo(m): 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2007
Mode9's far hotter. No arguments! Mode 9 spits more punchlines. Ruggedman just rhymes. Personally, i think Ruggedman is for Nigeria, while Mode9 is for the world.
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by ibrahim007: 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2007
opumulero ruggedy baba will hold the axis of Nigeria because he raps with the language we speak in naija,though mode 9 is better than him but ruggedy gets much lav.
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by aletor: 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2007
OH MODE 9 100 PERCENT GOOD INFACT BETTER THAN RUGGED MAN IN SOME ASPECT
because THE LINES 9 IS DROPPING I DONT THINK RUGGEDMAN CAN DO IT
I LOVE MODE NINE HE IS MY MENTHOL , FROM LYRICAL VENOM, FALOMO
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by trendy(f): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2007
Rugged made the way for the mc's of today
if not for his track ehen ! we would still be loving the crap
idris was feeding us with

i choose rugged
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by busygirl(f): 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2007
I really love mode9! His raps are so TIGHT ruggedman is also trying but he can't beat mode9.
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by Viking: 3:45pm On May 03, 2007
Ruggedman's album is better than mode9 and the rest.Why ruggedman is better is becaus ehe comes out with a better music. Guy's it's not jus about how you rap but the rap music you come uot with.That is where ruggedy is better that all rap artist's in Nigeria.
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by busygirl(f): 8:00pm On May 03, 2007
I feel modenine better than ruggedman, plzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by LoveKing(m): 10:25am On May 04, 2007
same sh*t goes on!

Rugged is wack! he is on his own league! what the Bleep is Naija Hip Hop? thats shear stupidity! theres nothing like naija hip hop. lets find a good brand for our music man. and what krunk is he doing?and he calls it naija krunk? RTFLMAO Modenine's lyrics are deep and thats real hip hop. enuf of party jamz i think naija's are beginning to appreciate what "we speak" in our music. Mode Nine never compares to Rugged because he does the Hop Hop the way we were born to know it and Rugged is just tiring his ass off writing junks and trying to show he is a rapper. i wonder if he can freestyle for 30 minutes non stop?
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by Viking: 6:31pm On May 04, 2007
I find out that ruggedman's fans don't hate modenine but the very few modenine fans keep hating ruggedman just because he is known as the best hip hop artist in Naija. At times you don't battle for kigship.Yes ruggedman may leave the thrown sometime coming but at the present,he is still the best. This ruggedy baba album is just too tight.
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by kaydee(m): 2:23am On May 08, 2007
Viking:

I find out that ruggedman's fans don't hate modenine but the very few modenine fans keep hating ruggedman just because he is known as the best hip hop artist in Naija. At times you don't battle for kigship.Yes ruggedman may leave the thrown sometime coming but at the present,he is still the best. This ruggedy baba album is just too tight.

Who knows him? He has the crown of wackness and will surely leave it for somebody coz he just keeps gettin wacker. What i mean is that of all the wack rappers in Nigeria,he's the best. grin
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by LoveKing(m): 2:01pm On May 08, 2007
kaydee:

Who knows him? He has the crown of wackness and will surely leave it for somebody because he just keeps gettin wacker. What i mean is that of all the wack rappers in Nigeria,he's the best. grin

WORD!
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by PoDeep(m): 9:07am On May 10, 2007
Lol!!!
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by PoDeep(m): 9:22am On May 10, 2007
Lol!!!
@topic,
maybe i'm twisted but both 'E pluribus unum' & 'Ruggedy baba' were just 'there'(not awful but not awesome), OD was surprisingly OK to me, Gino was OK too and. . .Sanchez was downright wack.(nice rhymes, tolerable beats, worst delivery ever). Saucekid fkuccd up(still like him sha).
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by Viking: 2:36pm On May 17, 2007
Guys keep on hating Ruggedy Baba. Where were all other hip hop artist when Ruggedy grabbed the best hip hop artist. Besides anybody that says Ruggedy is wack is just a back biter and such a person can never stop him from been what he is.No doubt Mode9 is very good but should be better if he spit more his mother tongue as ruggedy adviced.Yes he will leave the crown of hip hop in Nigeria because he can't have it forever but all y'all knew that at present he remains the best.
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by mailmalc(m): 7:31pm On May 17, 2007
Ruggedman's album Ruggedy baba is tighter dan mode9's own but when we compare their persons and flows, Mode9 is da bomb,
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by kaydee(m): 11:02pm On May 17, 2007
Viking:

Guys keep on hating Ruggedy Baba. Where were all other hip hop artist when Ruggedy grabbed the best hip hop artist.
They were underground and they're not a snitch like RuggedMan.

Viking:

Besides anybody that says Ruggedy is wack is just a back biter and such a person can never stop him from been what he is.No doubt Mode9 is very good but should be better if he spit more his mother tongue as ruggedy adviced.
Gino spits in his mother's tongue and he did well,Trybesmen did great and Freestyle was excellent. Tell me one sensible song RuggedMan ever did?

Viking:

Yes he will leave the crown of hip hop in Nigeria because he can't have it forever but all y'all knew that at present he remains the best.

Yeah! He remains the best of the wacks! grin grin grin
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by busygirl(f): 11:26pm On May 17, 2007
I would even choose ELDEE over ruggedman. All ruggedman knows is booty shaking and I hate him when he sounds as if he's the king of hip-hop.
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by PoDeep(m): 3:22pm On May 18, 2007
Kaydee, gino dosen't spit in his mutha tongue. I've got his album. FKUCCN TYT!
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by hyperflex(m): 3:56pm On May 18, 2007
this issue is quit simple. Ruggedman and Mode are both talented artists who knw wut they want and wut they lookin 4. Too bad they are raisin dust over nuttin. I c Mode like Nas and i c Rugged like 50. Mode rips strict hip hop ie hip hop from the beginning to the 90s and Rugged rips hip hop of today. Both r stl acceptable to me coz whichever way i love'em both. anyway watchout for Linx or Hyperflex cos am comin right at ya soon. Holla!
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by Baro(m): 4:33pm On May 18, 2007
I fell in love with RUGGED after i heard PEACE OR WAR, but unfortunately thats the best i ever heard, he is been declining since, kinda he was only prepared for just an ALBUM, hope this isn't his artistic demise. But there is something i admire in RUGGED; It's his entrepreneural capacity and ability, he is a true IGBO MAN,lol, and as far as am concerned he is got the best website amongst Naija artistes WWW.RUGGEDMANONLINE.COM.

MODE9 is far better for now , and i pray he doesn't go the way of RUGGED
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by kaydee(m): 11:35pm On May 18, 2007
Po Deep:

Kaydee, gino dosen't spit in his mutha tongue. I've got his album. FKUCCN TYT!

i mean pidgin! Are u sure?
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by gbadex1(m): 1:07am On May 19, 2007
@ kaydee:

obviously, you've not heard Gino's album and don't much about his spittin'. You contradicted yaself in that post of yours. First it was that gino spits in his mother tongue, now you've quickly retracted that statement claiming you meant pidgin.

Now let me ask you a question: is pidgin your mother tongue?
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by Baro(m): 1:37am On May 19, 2007

Hmmmmmm!! una wan start againanyway, controversy makes the thread long
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by kaydee(m): 2:04am On May 19, 2007
gbade. x:

@ kaydee:

obviously, you've not heard Gino's album and don't much about his spittin'. You contradicted yaself in that post of yours. First it was that gino spits in his mother tongue, now you've quickly retracted that statement claiming you meant pidgin.

Yeah! U're right but i've heard him spit in pidgin before
gbade. x:

Nah! Can't U see i was replying a post?It's not like U dunno what the guy was tryna say.
Re: Ruggedy Baba Vs Mode 9 by PoDeep(m): 9:49am On May 19, 2007
@gbade's question. Yes we cud identify pidgin as our muthatongue. Remember ruggedman's 'spit small in ur mutha tongue' line, he was referrin' to pidgin.
@kaydee, gino's never spat a whole song in pidgin b4. He only spat one song 'Farabale' partly in Yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Name 5 White Rappers,if U Can / Rihanna's New Music Video "SOS" / Download Album: Fireboy DML – Laughter, Tears & Goosebumps Zip File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.