Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? (781 Views)

People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve / What Exactly Does Home Loan Brokers In Melbourne Do? / This Woman Called Aisha Yesufu - What Exactly Does She Really Represent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by DavidEsq(m): 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
Easter is said to be the celebration of Jesus Christ's resurrection from the grave, an event which sealed the salvation of mankind.
What I don't get, is the egg that features in Easter. I don't know sha if Jesus laid an egg, when he resurrected. Could clarification on this easter egg thingy be made?
Re: What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2018
Christians around the world, will celebrate the most important aspect of Christ' mission on Earth....
Save a lost world by being born, living a sin-less life, pointing us sinners, to Him...the only One who can transform our lives....and finally conquering death on the Cross by resurrection.
If the resurrection didn't occur, then all would be in vain....and He would have no power to do anything and would lose the authority He has as Son of God.
Unfortunately, as with the other more popular holiday, paganism crept in.
Constantine....a pagan emperor decided to mingle paganism with Christianity....since he couldn't completely obliterate Christians.
Hence you have the fertility god (paganism)....the rabbit...laying eggs....and the term "Easter" coming in to play, to make a long story short.
Lots of Christians call it "Resurrection" Sunday...instead of Easter.
Re: What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by DavidEsq(m): 2:41pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mobilia:
Christians around the world, will celebrate the most important aspect of Christ' mission on Earth....
Save a lost world by being born, living a sin-less life, pointing us sinners, to Him...the only One who can transform our lives....and finally conquering death on the Cross by resurrection.
If the resurrection didn't occur, then all would be in vain....and He would have no power to do anything and would lose the authority He has as Son of God.
Unfortunately, as with the other more popular holiday, paganism crept in.
Constantine....a pagan emperor decided to mingle paganism with Christianity....since he couldn't completely obliterate Christians.
Hence you have the fertility god (paganism)....the rabbit...laying eggs....and the term "Easter" coming in to play, to make a long story short.
Lots of Christians call it "Resurrection" Sunday...instead of Easter.
shocked. Holy Gbomogbomo! So u mean Christians who exchange eggs during easter actually practice paganism, unknown to dem. Chei! Socrates really said it: "an unexamined life is not worth living".
Re: What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
DavidEsq:

shocked. Holy Gbomogbomo! So u mean Christians who exchange eggs during easter actually practice paganism, unknown to dem. Chei! Socrates really said it: "an unexamined life is not worth living".

People do a whole lot of things based out of ignorance...so I have to be sympathetic in that regard.
They simply don't know....
However, they also don't research things either...which is their responsibility.
There's no point in exchanging eggs...it has "0" to do with Christ' resurrection.
When I was young, I couldn't wait for my Easter basket filled with all types of candy....and guess what?
Real dyed eggs which I could eat! We also got to dye the eggs in any color we wanted!
I loved it so much! I also participated in lots of Easter egg hunts....
But u know, when one gets older and learns the truth, then he/she needs to adjust to that truth.
Can't be ignorant anymore.....
Re: What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by DavidEsq(m): 5:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mobilia:

People do a whole lot of things based out of ignorance...so I have to be sympathetic in that regard.
They simply don't know....
However, they also don't research things either...which is their responsibility.
There's no point in exchanging eggs...it has "0" to do with Christ' resurrection.
When I was young, I couldn't wait for my Easter basket filled with all types of candy....and guess what?
Real dyed eggs which I could eat! We also got to dye the eggs in any color we wanted!
I loved it so much! I also participated in lots of Easter egg hunts....
But u know, when one gets older and learns the truth, then he/she needs to adjust to that truth.
Can't be ignorant anymore.....
Many of us are too choked with the need to funkify Christianity, we are blinded to obvious facts. Nowhere in the Holy bible is Easter regarded as a form of celebration among Christians. In fact, it wasn't until not long ago that It was incorporated into Christianity and it regarded at first, with suspicion by the puritans in England.
Re: What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
DavidEsq:

Many of us are too choked with the need to funkify Christianity, we are blinded to obvious facts. Nowhere in the Holy bible is Easter regarded as a form of celebration among Christians. In fact, it wasn't until not long ago that It was incorporated into Christianity and it regarded at first, with suspicion by the puritans in England.

Well with all of this being said, the info can be put out there, folks can pray and ask the Holy Spirit to give them wisdom and understanding...if they want to know.
I'm not sure that debating the situation really and truly helps.
There is still however, cause to honor Christ' resurrection...(regardless of that other part).
Re: What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by DavidEsq(m): 10:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mobilia:

Well with all of this being said, the info can be put out there, folks can pray and ask the Holy Spirit to give them wisdom and understanding...if they want to know.
I'm not sure that debating the situation really and truly helps.
There is still however, cause to honor Christ' resurrection...(regardless of that other part).
Nobody needs any understanding from any Holy Spirit. The bible is very clear. It's not a matter of debate. Luk 22:19 is very clear as to wat we shld observe. Jesus Christ specifically instructed that we commemorate his death, by re enacting the breaking of the bread and the drink. Although there are certain restrictions on who eats the bread or drinks the wine. Have u ever asked urself why the churches never do dis. Holy communion is not it, if we are to be strict about observing the scriptures, after all, Easter isn't celebrated every day, the way , communion is taken on on regular basis. Observing Luke 22:19 is to be d same way we observe anniversaries. Anniversaries are not everyday ceremonies. It's shocking how we do not perform memorials on the anniversary of Jesus death, the date of which we know and which he commanded us to commemorate, but we choose to celebrate his resurrection in a very twisted way, which he never instructed.
The devil is playing tricks on us.
Re: What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2018
DavidEsq:

Nobody needs any understanding from any Holy Spirit. The bible is very clear. It's not a matter of debate. Luk 22:19 is very clear as to wat we shld observe. Jesus Christ specifically instructed that we commemorate his death, by re enacting the breaking of the bread and the drink. Although there are certain restrictions on who eats the bread or drinks the wine. Have u ever asked urself why the churches never do dis. Holy communion is not it, if we are to be strict about observing the scriptures, after all, Easter isn't celebrated every day, the way , communion is taken on on regular basis. Observing Luke 22:19 is to be d same way we observe anniversaries. Anniversaries are not everyday ceremonies. It's shocking how we do not perform memorials on the anniversary of Jesus death, the date of which we know and which he commanded us to commemorate, but we choose to celebrate his resurrection in a very twisted way, which he never instructed.
The devil is playing tricks on us.

So what do you hope to achieve by doing this thread sir?
Re: What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by DavidEsq(m): 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mobilia:

So what do you hope to achieve by doing this thread sir?
Just saw a comment on Easter egg and wanted to know wat it was all about.
Re: What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 30, 2018
DavidEsq:

Just saw a comment on Easter egg and wanted to know wat it was all about.

Ok...cause it seemed like you got a little upset...
Re: What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by DavidEsq(m): 10:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mobilia:

Nah...knowledge is power and I don't underestimate it at all. I got it clear as to why eggs feature in Easter. Cldnt figure Jesus laying an egg on his death or resurrection.
Re: What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by DavidEsq(m): 11:11pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mobilia:

Just saw dis online. Chai! Devil don do many of us take

Re: What Exactly Does Easter Egg Mean? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
DavidEsq:

Just saw dis online. Chai! Devil don do many of us take

Yeah that was what I was trying to say...but didn't go into details about it.
The mingling of paganism with Christianity....
The enemy works in such subtle ways....yes indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria has the Fastest Growing Population in the World / 10 African Currencies More Valuable Than The Nigerian Naira In 2018 / Tallest Man Spotted In Ikorodu Along Ipakodo /ebute Towards Ogolonto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.