Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. (22583 Views)

What Is The Salary Structure For SSCE Holders In FRSC? / What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by smileyprin(m): 10:55am On Mar 31, 2018
Bro can I get your contact to have a discussion.
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by SaintChukz(m): 10:57am On Mar 31, 2018
mayo47:

Your first words"Mscheww" "Funny"( then what does it depict. If you were took a neutral position you wouldnt gave used any)

Now go back and read your first to my trend story. Then call a well tutored third party to ask who has a comprehension challenges.

ok...you've now ascertained by this post that truely you do have a comprehension challenge and I just noticed something else that you don't pay attention to detail.
That in itself is not a very good trait for an aspiring social media career person!

My very first reply to yours did not start with Mscheww...or Funny like you've claimed. It was my subsequent response that did. But still I was right because you're very funny.

Now...do yourself the due diligence by looking for my very first response to your comment and then admit it to yourself that you've a comprehension challenge. I don't have the time to waste replying you again...please do the needful.
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Pavore9: 11:02am On Mar 31, 2018
smileyprin:

Would like a virtual job like that, if you can connect me or on fiverr

Going by personal experience, most Americans and Canadians who wants to outsource their work prefer one person doing everything for them sort of being their virtual assistant.

This lady I mentioned started out on working for the person she is now managing the hootsuite for with data entry jobs, then the person started giving her PDF files to retype and save as Word document, then into transcribing audio into texts which she is being paid $36 per audio hour before the person taught her how to work with hootsuite because the California based employer wanted her to start managing the hootsuite account which she is being paid $220 monthly which is separate from the pay she gets from other virtual jobs done for the person.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Immaculatesnow(m): 11:33am On Mar 31, 2018
SaintChukz:

This dude is just a noise maker. I doubt it if he actually knows what proper social media management entails. You think its just about amassing and engaging followers(which be the way are largely inorganic) using all those voodoo techniques you guys use. Anyone can do that!

Have you ever sat your ass down to plan content?
Analyse who your followers actually are or why they follow your brand? Built a customer profile or user persona for a product page? etc...,please with all you have said...you're the last person I'll even consider employing as a social media manager. (Just check out the many typos in your words to begin with...is that how you'll be managing people's account all riddled with typos?)

You're only as good as a social media influencer (nothing else) and that even depends on the brand/product.

Dude are you alright in your head, have you gone to my platforms to see what I do, you are a clown big goat, my niche is the IST ever in Africa, I talk about audio technology and video technology something your generations know nothing about, do not quote me in your life to bash me if you have no idea how much impact i have on people, let me tell you something my content is for audio engineers and not for baby trolls like you on nairaland, word of advice always count your words before you speaker
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Immaculatesnow(m): 11:37am On Mar 31, 2018
sketcherJ:
so u really have all these qualifications?

Yes sir, search my brand name on YouTube called SIMBAZ I am the 3rd biggest tech blogger on YouTube from Nigeria behind Henreeo and Eric okafor who started way before I did, I have been running my brand for 8 months now
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Immaculatesnow(m): 11:39am On Mar 31, 2018
ojlifa:
massage me

Let me have your number sir I will call you or call my line on my profile I live in lagos lekki
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by kennypoka2(m): 11:50am On Mar 31, 2018
Beemhan:

If you've got the skills, get on Fiverr and earn between 150-300k monthly as a SMM
Na suffer go kill you if you wan work for Nigerians

Please let's talk.... I need to get on fiverr
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Beemhan(m): 11:51am On Mar 31, 2018
aminusodiq:

pls sir i need to know more about this... new to this site i dont know how to check your signature.. thanks in anticipation
You'll get all the information you need here https://www.nairaland.com/2947212/exclusive-how-make-level-2
and here https://www.nairaland.com/3237273/how-make-regular-income-offering
Good luck

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Beemhan(m): 11:55am On Mar 31, 2018
[left][/left]
OLUJOSHINS:

good day bro. I opened a Fiver gig but I've no gotten any deal for over three months. Can you recommend anything I can read to get more understanding of the freelance process?
These should help https://www.nairaland.com/2947212/exclusive-how-make-level-2
https://www.nairaland.com/3237273/how-make-regular-income-offering
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Immaculatesnow(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2018
Sanchez01:

You're missing it. Being an SMM far transcends beyond your own social media accounts.

A couple of things to put into consideration before stamping your worth in a supposed employer's face would be;

1. How often do you keep your personal social media accounts updated?

2. Have you ever worked for a popular figure or brand in the same capacity before?

3. If yes, how long did you work and why did you part ways with them?

4. If yes to number 3, you might be asked to point to your 'works' while with your previous employer.

5. Sense of humour is key. Every potential employer would want someone who can turn around an arrow shot at them into a carrot without having to insult the person behind the arrow.

6. Being a social media addict is not enough. A social media manager automatically becomes the first brand manager, even when there is a specific individual for that role. What you tweet, write, say or do behind the company's or individual's account means a whole lot.

7. To be able to earn a whole lot and call the shots in this field, you must be able to give the people or customers, fans the impression that 'the handler' is super intelligent. A breaking point would be to differentiate yourself from the brand you represent online. Being a savvy at it. So much so that you have your own fans.

Should you not meet or have some of these things needed to succeed, you just might go far by managing an upcoming act, thinking you are posting in behalf of your brand when in reality you are only posting and spamming.

First of if you read my post properly, I said to manage brands social accounts is not that easy especially growing it and engaging with people hence I made an example with my own personal brand online, most guys on this nairaland think that it is all about managing Facebook pages Twitter Instagram and typing things every day, take for example, filmhouse cinema has a very bad social network engagement, how do I know this, I have worked with then as a brand ambassador, but there still have a very poor social engagement, dude you cannot teach someone, who is not popular online to come manage your brand account, the person will fail because he or she has no experience in this field, like myself there can never be any tech brand I cannot work with, finally to answer your question on Which brand i have worked with 1) svsound 2) klipsch 3) Polk audio 4) Dolby 5) DTS 6) IMAX 7) I do 4k UHD movie reviews cool paradigm Canada speaker and power amplifier brand 9) Anthem Canada 10) Onkyo 11) Yamaha 12) nakamich soundbar 13) Oppo 4k BluRay 14) pioneer and finally 15) Amazon audio brands. So dude if you are not knowledgeable in your field you cannot be managing no social media accounts PERIOD

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Beemhan(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2018
njuwo:
Fiverr that is frustrating.
Educate yourself fam
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Beemhan(m): 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2018
XieXie:
How do you still get paid from Fiver after Payoneer changed their policy.
The change of policy didn't affect all accounts e.g, mine. Besides it's still possible to cash out with Payoneer via a different method and PayPal is also an option
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by njuwo(m): 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2018
Grupo:

You are not ready to make money.
I'm ready, lead me to success on fiverr
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by njuwo(m): 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2018
Beemhan:
Educate yourself fam
Educate me what is working for you.
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by klins4213(m): 7:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
75K and above. Worked for a real estate company. Changing to another one soon for a better offer. My position was a Digital manager. Responsibilities includes SMS casting, email blast and more
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:56pm On Mar 31, 2018
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by amansi(m): 12:54am On Apr 01, 2018
The salary for this type of Job depends on the class of company that needs your services. If you're a professional in online marketing via social media or a business brand boost professional you can be paid as much as N150k.
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by ogbiwa: 3:28am On Apr 01, 2018
Immaculatesnow:

dude if you need or want to work with a good social media you have to look at these things before paying someone like me for example

1) i have over 1500 subscribers on youtube, over half a million views and 12000 hours watched content

2) i have over 1200 usa followers on facebook, over 40 groups on facebook with over 1 million followers combined

3) i have close 1000 followers on twitter

4) over 200 followers on soundcloud

5) finally my social engagement is pretty high for a newbie

so for a brand to pay me to manager all their social network platform and grow it and mine cost me 50k monthly to run between internet data 15k and government electricity 35k total of 50k, that brand has to pay me a minimum of 120,000 naira monthly for me to work effectively for them and for a long time.

Impressive CV sir, but I'd personally be reluctant to hire you, as you seem to make basic mistakes in the most basic requirement for the role you advertise- a good command of written English. Please cut down the mistakes to a minimum.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Immaculatesnow(m): 3:35am On Apr 01, 2018
ogbiwa:

Impressive CV sir, but I'd personally be reluctant to hire you, as you seem to make basic mistakes in the most basic requirement for the role you advertise- a good command of written grammar.

first of all i am typing on nairaland a land for troll, and it is not a contest for best guys who can write on this forum, 2nd if you can not afford someone do not use this crap excuses to bash the person word of advice, my resume speaks for its self
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by ogbiwa: 4:02am On Apr 01, 2018
Immaculatesnow:

first of all i am typing on nairaland a land for troll, and it is not a contest for best guys who can write on this forum, 2nd if you can not afford someone do not use this crap excuses to bash the person word of advice, my resume speakers for its self

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by herbyb(m): 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2018
I think 70K for a start
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by ogbiwa: 12:31pm On Apr 14, 2018
Immaculatesnow:

first of all i am typing on nairaland a land for troll, and it is not a contest for best guys who can write on this forum, 2nd if you can not afford someone do not use this crap excuses to bash the person word of advice, my resume speaks for its self

Oh I just discovered a second reason I won't hire you- you speak rudely...and you do it in bad grammar still.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Immaculatesnow(m): 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2018
ogbiwa:

Oh I just discovered a second reason I won't hire you- you speak rudely...and you do it in bad grammar still.

joker, i do not need your money
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Stolidp(f): 8:44am On Dec 04, 2018
Hello...
So I started a YouTube channel
CHIDERA STEPHEN. I’m done with NYSC and I studied communication and media studies. In case of any freelance social media or copyright jobs. Please email me chiderastephen@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: The Salary Of A Social Media Manager. by Tobimore(m): 8:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
nonxo007:

I was started out with 40k a month while working for a club, and I didn't even go to work everyday...just Wednesdays, fridays, Saturdays and some Sundays...at night o..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. / Federal University Of Technology Minna Vacancies / 5 Productive Things Nigerian Graduates Can Do During Weekends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.