Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,292 members, 7,822,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners (1471 Views)

Why Students Have Poor Grades In JAMB / Why We Have Poor Reading Culture / How To Groom A Child For The Medical Profession? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by TourismMan(m): 11:55pm On Mar 30, 2018
Although some professions may have super rich and well-to-do folks under the umbrella, but one realistic situation is that not all the people in a given profession are rich.

Let's start with engineering profession: Of course these guys are doing very well financially. As a matter of fact, some engineers can even bear the title 'walk on money'. But you know what? Some other engineers in this same profession are coded beggars. These guys are so poor that they would be looking for who to dash them N200 to enable them recharge their Nokia torchlight. That is how one met me the other day and codedly asked me to help him with N200 that he wants to recharge his phone and call someone. I looked myself like this eh. Me that is a student who is even looking for who to dash me 50box make I take go buy Garri sip first, na me him dey tell me make I reason am 2h to take buy recharge card. "Oga, 1kobo like this no dey my pocket" - that was my response and for real I had no sheshi on me that day...plus the hunger that was hammering me since I came back from school.

Lawyers: All the lawyers are good dressers no doubt but do you know that while some are doing so excellently well financially, others are wrecked and poorer than church rats? I know so many of them that when you see them, you begin to wonder if truly these ones are lawyers too.

Doctors: Although this may not be too obvious but we have had cases where trained doctors had to abandon their profession and jumped into something else to make money all cos of poverty in the choice field. Some trained doctors even go as far as joining terrible professions like armed robbery and kidnapping as a result of lack and frustration in the career they thought was all rosy.

Pilot: There are so many of them roaming the street joblessly in poverty while others are so doing well.

Lecturers: Lecturing job has become so competitive such that one has to do some fierce job become he/she can get into the field. While some of the lecturers may be cruising around with nice rides and living in mansions, the poverty condition of other lecturers may make you doubt if truly they are lecturers too. Some wouldn't mind wearing bathroom slippers into classroom to lecture. I mean WTF!

Bankers: Forget all the clean and nice shirts they wear with tie. Most of them, the car they drive around are on hirer purchase from the bank. Outside that, you see some of them roaming the street with nothing to show as a banker.

Sleep dey worry me abeg. Add yours.

Lalasticala, mynd44 etc, abeg push am to where the thread can gather viewers. Or may be front page.

Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by TourismMan(m): 12:00am On Mar 31, 2018
Even Yahoo boy profession, some of them are living in wreckedness as against others living big and large
Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by mumureloaded(m): 12:03am On Mar 31, 2018
pilot

1 Like

Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by blessedvisky(m): 2:00am On Mar 31, 2018
Op Pls show me "poor pilot roaming around the streets with nothing" thanks

1 Like

Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by churchee: 7:51am On Mar 31, 2018
Who is this guy above me? That you don't know a wretched pilot doesn't mean they don't exist. School of aviation give annual admission to only 100 students and retain just 10, where are the other 90s?

What I promised myself is that none of my family members will go for any 'professional' course in the university or institutes without having a handwork, you can't come and embarrass us after your waste of 5 to 7 years.

1 Like

Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by ednut1(m): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
Hate and envy cannot help u
Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
BMC otherwise known as Zombie Lickers

1 Like

Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by Swaggzkid: 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
politics
Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by ConAir(m): 5:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
I personally think that some are fortunate to hit it big in life without stress, while others are are still hustling to make ends meet.

Success is not guaranteed by studying a professional course, rather it's a personal development within our minds, which we ought to have started planning ourselves right from our tender age so as to achieve our future expectations. Our course most times ain't relevant.

We all have a path that will lead us to greatness, all we have to do is to just follow our instinct and persevere to get to the top.

Finally, TIME and CHANCE happens to us all.

2 Likes

Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by giftedheart1(m): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
i hope no one will quote me if i say POLITICS!!!
Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by Mbabula: 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2018
Shoe makers
Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by TourismMan(m): 10:44pm On Mar 31, 2018
blessedvisky:
Op Pls show me "poor pilot roaming around the streets with nothing" thanks

There was a time Omotola husband was jobless and news had it that Omosexy was even the breadwinner of the family. Why we got to know that one was because Omosexy is a celebrity and thus everything about her is news. Your imagination should tell you that there are others in the same or worst position which we do not get to hear because they are not celebs.
Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by Samuelkirk(m): 11:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
you can hardly find a poor pharmacist
Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by TourismMan(m): 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2018
Samuelkirk:
you can hardly find a poor pharmacist

What are you saying? There are so many of them roaming the street.
Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by Samuelkirk(m): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
TourismMan:

What are you saying? There are so many of them roaming the street.
e.g?
Re: Name One Profession That Does Not Have Poor Practitioners by rafo200(m): 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
dentist.............. �

(1) (Reply)

Rt. Rev. (dr.) Matthew Okpebholo Annual Scholarship Award 2018 / Join Our NOUN Telegram Group / Drone For Jamb.?.. See The Exam Ekpo I Catch My Ss1 Student With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.