Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Mad In Love - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mad In Love (22305 Views)

I Fell In Love With Musa / ISABELLA – In Love With A Marmaid (complete Episodes) / Purified Tomorrow: The Mad Awakening (A Science Fiction) By Akinjide Akintayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 10:29pm On Apr 04, 2018
Mad In Love Episode 5

After searching and studying through the drugs, I finally settled for Antidepressants
, the Buspar which I learnt was a unique drug and that it was non habit forming. It was used for treating generalised anxiety disorder. I also picked, some antipsychotics for psychotic disorder adding some valium too as I needed him sleeping most of the day as I went for work.
Even when it was quite discouraging, when I read that, there was no cure for mental illness, I hopped for the better. If I could get Benjamin stable for a while as I try to figure out the solution to his problem, that would help things a lot.
” Happy birthday buddy!” I hugged Kegan, when I got to the party later that evening.
” What happened?” You are never late for anything ” he asked holding my shoulders.
” I was held up man, but not to worry am here now, right? ” I smiled looking beyond his shoulder to take in the group of guys and girls taking some wine and soft drinks as the loud music played from the stereo.
Kegan’s small yard was clouded. I chatted with some work mates who were also invited and after some long hour which surprisingly bore me, I started looking for Kegan to say bye to him. The party was almost over and I decided to go back home. After all, I had a patient to take care of.
I looked around the yard and the living room but there was no sign of him.
” Where could he be?” I asked his boyfriend who shook his head.
” I don’t know. I bet he must be inside ” he pointed out and I walked inside again this time going direct to his bedroom. Kegan rented a one bedroomed semi detached flat.
” Oh Jesus!” I shouted seeing Kegan making out with a blonde girl. He smiled at me and raised his left hand as he kept doing his thing.
” Give me 5 minutes!” He shouted in his drunken voice and I shook my head closing back the door.
” Tell Kegan I have headed out. I need to do something ASAP” I whispered to his friend and took off. I had no time to wait for him to finish doing a girl he probably met minutes past at his party.
That was Kegan’s weakness, he never let a beautiful girl pass him and that made me get over my hidden admiration towards him. I had initially admired his handsome features the first day we met 2 years back at work. But now, l was content with just us being good friends and since I knew him too well, it never crossed my mind to have anything more with him. Even when he mostly used me to dump his girlfriends making us pose like a couple.
I recalled how he foolishly made me kiss him at a mall, after seeing a girl that was so much into him and he was fade up of her.
” What was that?” I pushed him away and he laughed out.
” You will see that girl will never step a foot close to me again!” He shrugged and licked on the corn ice cream we were eating.
I reached home some minutes later, just to find the living room dark and quiet. I felt sad I left the lights off, now Benjamin had to stay in the dark for the time I was away.
Turning the switch on, I almost screamed out seeing him standing in the corner staring at nothing in particular. It was like he was afraid.
” Oh Benjamin! am so sorry I forgot to turn on the bulb” I told him trying to hold his hand.
He shifted his face to me and looked down my hand holding him. ” lt’s so dark!” He shivered his scared eyes looking whiter than normal.
” lt’s okey, am here now” I sighed pulling him to the couch.
I realised as days went by, that the drugs were working as he kept calm, he never moved from wherever I left him everytime I went for work.
I always made sure I left food which I had come to learn he loved Chicken more than any relish. He would not touch anything else I would save him but Nshima and sometimes oranges.
He always looked pleased seeing me back I could almost feel his crazy smiles meant well.
A week had passed and I could bet he looked better each day, he was always clean and with the clothes I had gotten for him, he looked good. One wouldn’t tell if they came to find him seated and quiet.
I always took photos of him and would watch them whenever at work. I had decided to make my spare bedroom his own and so I always left him locked there with his meals saved. I knew he would get some sleep during the the time l was away and I took him out to sit with me in the sitting room after knocking off.
One day, I came back and found him looking out the window. ” Hey Benjamin!” I called out putting my hand bag on his bed, he turned to look at me and I saw his lips curve in a smile.
” How are you feeling?” I asked standing next to him.
He shook his head, ” sad” he responded softly his deep sweet voice so calm.
” Oh, that’s bad” I told with genuine concern.
” But why? Are you hungry? ” I asked him. He shook his head but said nothing. I had come to learn that he spoke less. It was mostly one or two words. And sometimes he would murmer some words to himself and smile too.
I stood closer to him and placed my head in his chest, ” I know, it must be hard being locked up, but what can I do? I can’t let you outside” I whispered rubbing my hand at his chest on top his stripped Gray t-shirt he had on.
Tears fall off my eyes at the thought of how he was probably suffering being in his condition, worst still if he was feeling nothing at all, that would mean he was more like a dead person and it hurt me a lot.
I was sobbing silently still leaning on him and he surprisingly, raised my head wiping the tears from my eyes. I cried the more seeing how he was becoming sensitive to my emotions.
” You can feel me?” I smiled between tears. He didn’t respond but his eyes looked deeply into mine and for a moment I felt he was telling me, ‘ all shall be well.’
” I don’t know what to do Benjamimn, I can’t tell anyone about you, my family and friends would probably crucify me for what l have done. I have practically refused any visits to my home because I can’t risk people seeing you here” I spoke almost to myself as he kept staring at me.
” But I feel in here” l held his hand to my heart. ” What I feel here, gives me hope Benjamin and I know one day I will prove to the world that love is beyond any reason or boundaries” I sniffed in and wiped the tears from my cheek .
He smiled again, but this time, it was his usual silly smiles.
” Come here now” I pulled his hand and walked him to the living room. I sat closer to him taking in the K350 Rasai perfume I got for him, I loved his scent.
I smiled when he leaned his head on me even when he didn’t do it right. I moved back a bit and made him place his head on my laps.
“What would I do without your smart mouth?Drawing me in, and you kicking me out.
You’ve got my head spinning, no kidding, I can’t pin you down
What’s going on in that beautiful mind. I’m on your magical mystery ride
And I’m so dizzy, don’t know what hit me, but I’ll be alright. My head’s under water. But I’m breathing fine. You’re crazy and I’m out of my mind
‘Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I’ll give my all to you
You’re my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I’m winning
‘Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh oh!”
Came the soft sounds of John Lengend’s ‘All of Me’ song from the home theatre as I rubbed his soft face gently closing my eyes. It felt like home being so close to him.
He kept his eyes at the screen of the TV which had no sound as I turned it off so that the only sound in the room was from the song playing.
I let the song play on repeat for hours and I slowly dozed off. By the time I woke up, it was close to 20 pm. Surprised Benjamin was still laying on my laps as he played with his fingers.
” You hungry mnmmm ?” I asked him. He nodded his head,
” Nshima” he opened his mouth and I sat up lifting him to sit on his own.
” I know, I dozed off and am sorry supper is late.” I sighed, standing on my bare feet as I had pushed my shoes off.
To be continued…
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

You don't have to wait, you can read up to Episode 17 here : www.youngicee.com/category/mad-in-love

2 Likes

Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 6:15am On Apr 05, 2018
EbonyQueen001:
Good work Oyin Prince.
Do watch your spelling and in put appropriately.
For example, in place of "sedation", you wrote "seduction".
This is just one of many notable errors there.
I will be back.
Good work still.
Thanks. I'm not the writer of this work but I'll try get your comment to the writer
Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 6:23am On Apr 05, 2018
EbonyQueen001, chidiogojessy, Cmyname, frankiemorasky7, holuwajaytee, labelle123, WHOcarex, torvickof1312, Baberty007, Buktol, izaray, divasplash
Welcome guys, I hope you'd all enjoy the story. Do check my profile "Nairaland.com/oyinprince" or the blog www.youngicee.com for many more mind blowing stories

@ bimberry1307,
Sorry, I didn't really mention so many people, I just mentioned those that followed the last story.
Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 6:25am On Apr 05, 2018
MAD IN LOVE EPISODE 6
” What! No you cant!” I shouted, am sure if he was seeing my face he would read my displeasure.
” You can’t come here dear brother because am not going to be around this whole week. We have a workshop in Livingstone and I left this morning” I went on explaining to my elder brother who called to let me know he would be visiting me for some days.
” Just lodge at Aunty’s place in Matero brother, am not going to be home”
I heard him sigh obviously disappointed. He just called to ask if he can lodge at my place as he would be working from Lusaka. I couldn’t allow it even when I knew he never liked going to spend days at our aunty’s where he mostly grew up from.
Him unlike me had one home to live in. After our parents died leaving the three of us with my elder brother and young sister who unfortunately died in a road accident the year I was completing my studies at CBU.
I never really had one place to stay. I always moved from one home to another. Thankfully our parents left enough money for our tertially education and so all we needed was a home to live in and our relatives took us in. My sister and me went to stay with our uncle in Kapiri. The more reason I visited my aunty in Kabwe more often.
My brother went to stay with the young sister to mom in Matero and he did his studies at The University of Zambia, were he studied Economics.
My kid sister was doing her grade 12 the year she died. She was travelling from Kapiri to go visit our aunty in Matero when she met her demise.
Not like I am complaining, but our family had not always been that close. It was mostly one man for himself and people never really paid visits to one another except during funerals and other family gatherings.
I had hopped I would get someone to stay with after I started working but it was difficult to have anyone stay with me. Most of my cousins and nieces preferred to stay closer to their parents and I finally decided to give up trying to have people live with me.
Only my brother paid me visits most of the times, but this time around I was not ready to host him. Knowing how controlling he was I wasn’t ready for him to come over especially that the room he usually slept in was now for my Benjamin. What with the fact that I was living with a mad stranger, there was no way I would allow him to see him and end up taking away the source of my joy over a month.
” Am sorry Brother. I wish I knew you were coming I could have left the keys for you” I sighed making a sad tone.
” lt’s okey sis, take care of yourself. I bet I will just lodge at some hotel then” he concluded before cutting the line.
Staying with Benjamin for over 4 weeks was actually getting better. At some point the drugs had finished and now that I knew the names of the drugs I needed not go and steal from Chinama like before. I just went to some pronounced Chemist and bought them even when it cost me half a thousand. My Benjamin surprisingly gained some weight and I couldn’t help admire him.
“Sleeping?” I murmered to myself as l stood in his bedroom. He had not moved out of his room that day and I got worried.
It was a weekend and he usually came out on his own. I drew the bed cover and slid in the blankets besides him.
I felt him shift slightly his warm body touching mine. I saw him open his eyes and glance at me.
” Hey!” I smiled hoping he would answer like he did sometimes. But he was quite.
I shifted sharply when I felt something hard rub my thigh. I had wore a skirt and a vest.
” Oh Benjamin! ” I laughed realising he didn’t have any clothes on which I had noticed was his way of sleeping.
He turned and looked at me his lips smiling slightly. ” What?” I asked looking at his deep white eyes. ” Don’t tell me you can also be h*rny?” I laughed not taking away my eyes from his.
I pushed my hand inside his thighs and I saw him wince slightly making me giggle as I felt him stand harder.
I felt the urge to help myself with him but then I realise I couldn’t do that to him especially that he wouldn’t probably know about that later on.
Well, my plan didn’t work as he surprised me, I withdrew my hand but now he was the one now rubbing his hand on me.
” Oh Jezz!” I moaned surprised.
” We have to stop Benjamin” I held his hand but it seemed I had provoked him enough. He pushed me back and leaped on top of me.
” Stop!” I shouted trying to push him away, but he didn’t , he pushed my legs apart roughly and quickly pushed himself inside making me scream, it was supposed to hurt cause he was really rough but No, I held on to him not wanting him to stop.
Like a mad man he was, he went on thrusting harder and for a moment I was lost in pleasure.
” He screamed loudly and fall on me as he outdid himself leaving me so powerless my inside felt sore but good.
” Oh my God, Benjamin” I sighed my eyes shut as he lay motionless on top of me I could feel his heart racing. With my hands I pushed him down and he fall down fast asleep in an instant.
” Jen, now this is madness to its core” I whispered as I pulled myself out on the bed pulling down my small skirt.
I sat in the tab filled with water as I relived the moment. He surely had what I had termed a “perfect tool ” and if only he was normal, that would make him earn points in love making.
I felt guilty in the end. Like I was taking advantage of his condition. I recalled when I was talking to some friend who told me when I asked if mad people had feelings.
” Yes they have” she had responded.
” Haven’t you heard of stories where mad people give birth to some babies. Meaning they too get Hot and can have sex too. ”
” Well that’s hilarious” I sighed shaking my head. I had not thought Benjaimn would feel like doing it with me. I honestly never had that planned. All I knew was I loved him or maybe was so concerned about him, but it wasn’t my intention to use him for my personal gain.
What I had experienced that morning, made me realise there was hope for Benjamin and I had to find a way of helping him.
I finalised taking my long bath and changed my clothes, this time wearing a chitenge lest I entice my Benjamin again.
I sat in front of the TV and I was almost changing from ZNBC to watch some other channel when something caught my attention.
” There will be 21 days of prayer and deliverance at Chelstone Parish. Come and experience a touch of God’s anointing with father Lumba” came the advert and I felt great.
” This is it! ” I whispered loudly.
” Yes Yes! God forgive me for my sins and please make this happen” I prayed loudly as I took down the line on the screen.
Later that day, I called the priest and partly explained my situation to him. He asked me to go and see him the following day after mass at the Parish.
” Thank you so much Father” , I told him before hanging up.
The following morning I dressed up in a long skirt and decent blouse and covered my kink hair in black silk material, liking the decent but beautiful look it gave me.
After Mass which I enjoyed so much as it was about giving oneself to love others without condition like God loves us.
” So young lady, Tell me everything about this man you told me about yesterday” Father Lumba asked me with a smiling face.
I was quiet for a second not knowing where to begin from. ” lt’s alright, you can tell me everything and remember only God will answer your prayers am only here to help guide you through” he smiled
I told him everything from the funeral, to the kidnap and everything else in between. For a second I thought the man was thinking I was crazy.
” You are an exceptional woman, I don’t know how to describe you. I can’t seem to understand what really drives you to go this far for a man you hardly know” he sighed seriously.
” You have a big heart and for that I am certain God will see you through” he added
” Amen father” I responded.
” Now tell me, what happens if this man is prayed for and delivered then he remembers who he is and leaves you?” He asked a question I had never thought of before and it scared me. For a moment I thought maybe having him the way he was, paid off but I then thought how selfish I would be if I allowed such thoughts.
” All am concerned about is that he gets delivered and healed Father, if he will leave me then I guess it was meant to be that way” I sighed controlling the tears that threatened to spill.
The priest prayed for me and I cried through the prayer. I felt relieved when he was done and he asked for me to bring Benjamin over the following day for prayers assuring me there is nothing impossible with God.
He told me most of the mental sicknesses where spiritual and that God can change Benjamin’s story.
I got home that afternoon feeling optimistic. After I unlocked the door, I found Benjamin seated murmuring something to himself. I sat next to him and he looked at me with lustful eyes I knew what happened the other day got him to think he could get intimate with me whenever.
” No Benjamin not today that was a mistake and we should never do that again, at least until you are healed, Okey?” I looked at his face.
I couldn’t take the risk of him coming on me again especially after just confessing my sins, so I added valium to his food. He slept just after eating.
” Am not coming for work Kegan, tell the manager for me tommorow. Something came up and I can’t work. ” I asked Kegan for a favour.
” Whatever it is I hope soon it comes to an end cause you are always busy with whatever it is and am getting fade up of you standing all my efforts to have some time out.” He complained.
” I know my friend and am sorry. But I know one day I will tell you what has been going on. Only that I can’t at this point”
” Sure whatever you say Jen just take care of yourself ” he added before hanging up.
As I slept I started having creepy dreams of some people wanting to murder Me and Benjamin. The sight of strange looking people in my dreams scared me. They were chasing us and I stood between them and Benjamin who was shaking scared.
They scolded me for trying to stand in their way and I was certain they will chop me to pieces with a machete the woman who came on me had, but thank God I woke up before that happened.
I looked at my phone panting and sweating. The dream scared me and I had no other thought but call the priest. I doubted he would answer at that hour, but to my surprise he picked the call almost immediately telling me I was having an attack even before I could explain to him what I had dreamt.
” How did you know Father? ” I asked
” Don’t worry my child. Just bring Benjamin tommorow, the enemy can not succeed. He knows he is lossing. Those are just the kicks of a dying horse” he encouraged and prayed for me.
I felt calmer and went back to sleep after checking on Benjamin who was fast asleep.
” Let this be over my God” I whispered silently in my bed.
To be continued…
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

Read up to Episode 17 here: www.youngicee.com/category/mad-in-love

3 Likes

Re: Mad In Love by bimberry1307(f): 8:52am On Apr 05, 2018
@ bimberry1307,
Sorry, I didn't really mention so many people, I just mentioned those that followed the last story.[/quote]d
no problem. I'm here already. Good work by the way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mad In Love by skubido(m): 10:47am On Apr 05, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update... More
Re: Mad In Love by sharliz(f): 11:17am On Apr 05, 2018
Omg... Can we just get 10 updates per day but this really awesome and rare... Thanks for the wonderful story

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by izaray(f): 11:27am On Apr 05, 2018
Tnks for your update dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mad In Love by labelle123(f): 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
Right now am speechless
Re: Mad In Love by WHOcarex: 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2018
Honourable356 come and join me

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mad In Love by Cmyname(m): 12:39am On Apr 06, 2018
Oyinprince:
EbonyQueen001, chidiogojessy, Cmyname, frankiemorasky7, holuwajaytee, labelle123, WHOcarex, torvickof1312, Baberty007, Buktol, izaray, divasplash
Welcome guys, I hope you'd all enjoy the story. Do check my profile "Nairaland.com/oyinprince" or the blog www.youngicee.com for many more mind blowing stories

@ bimberry1307,
Sorry, I didn't really mention so many people, I just mentioned those that followed the last story.

Thanks for the mention. I'm reading ahead on your site. smiley

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by Nakelimalo(m): 7:32am On Apr 06, 2018
Oyinprince:
MAD IN LOVE EPISODE 1

I hurriedly packed my big hand bag, a pair of jeans, two body tops and a black blouse. Adding a container of my lotion, my perfume, roll on and my make up kit, well just in case I needed to do my face, funerals for modern days, you can never tell. The make up kit might come in handy.

I placed my bag in the back seat of my car and walked back inside. I just forgot to park a pair of shoes. All I needed was a pair of pumps and slippers.

” You are going for two days only Jennifer!” I scolded myself as l checked around if I left anything. I sighed recalling I needed to carry something to cover myself with in the night. Knowing my aunty would not have enough to give every relatives some beddings at the funeral, I couldn’t risk going to get myself squeesed in someone’s covers lest it got cold.

” Well that’s it!” I murmered to myself looking at myself in the mirrow. I wore a black body top with black leggings, knowing I will throw over my chitenge when I got to Kabwe. My hair was covered in a gray headsock.

Locking the door to my house, I got in my car and started the engine almost immediately.

Probably wondering who this busy body is?, Well am Jennifer Makasa, a single woman aged 26, working as a banker in Lusaka at NATSAVE bank.

I received a call that the brother to my aunty(Ex wife to my uncle, the young brother to my mother) died the previous day. Having grown up close to my aunty, it mattered less that she and my uncle were no longer together, I needed to be there for her and having a weekend ahead, I knew I could use it to be there.

I knew the man who died, I saw him as I grew up though he never visited my aunty more often. His wife was a good woman and good with hair plaiting, I knew cause I always went to have my hair done before I completed my course.

As I joined Cairo road, driving from my home in Makeni Villa, I fastened the seat belt and raised my head high to have a clear view of the road ahead. It was around 7 in the morning so being a Saturday, the road was not conjested yet.

Increasing the speed as I passed Kabwe round about I let my mind wild off as the slow tracks I was playing in the car got to my ears soothing the emptiness that I was feeling.

” lt’.s not what you think babe” came the voice of my ex boyfriend pushing through the serenity that the songs were bringing to my heart.

My perfect boyfriend, who I thought was the man I would settle with even if I never loved him much, broke my heart by getting intimate and making out in my own house with my best friend.

I had walked in announced one afternoon after getting a sick leave from work. Daniel had come to visit me all the way from Choma where he was working from and he was going to stay for a week. Which actually prompted me to fake an illness and sign for some days off.

I was rushing home to give my sweet boyfriend the news just to open the door and blessing my eyes with a scene of my Daniel pushing himself into my friend Chola as they both moarned in pleasure.

” What the hell!” I shouted dropping my hand bag and the sick note I was holding to show to Daniel.

They both startled standing up as Daniel looked at me his face still filled with his unfinished business.

My friend just bow her head I wondered what she was feeling, definitely not shame, cause I had assumed a person with a sense of shame wouldn’t bang her best friend’s man especially in her own house.

” Jen, babe it’s not what you think ” Daniel stood before me trying to hold my hand.

” And what is it that you think, l am thinking?” I asked pushing his hand away from mine.

He stammered lost for words, I couldn’t make out anything from the whisper that came from his large lips.

” Get out of my house both of you!” I snored angrily.

” Get out! ” I shouted further pushing back the tears that formed in my eyes, even though it was too late as I felt their warmth run down my well made up face.

” Let’s talk about this babe, please. I was just ….”

” Dan!” I cut him short raising my hands.

” I swear to God if l come back here to find both of you still here, believe me I am willing to serve a sentence whilst you rot in hell!” I snapped and pushed him aside making passage for myself as I walked to my bedroom.

I heard Chola talk in a low voice tone and my heart pumped faster with the feel of her betrayal.

A few minutes later I heard Dan’s car engine revving and I quickly grabbed his small laptop bag putting all his small things inside and rushed out before he could drive away.

” Take your cursed things you jerk! And never come back to my house again!” I shouted throwing the bag at him and not minding the cracking of the laptop which was inside.

” As for you” I said pointing my finger at my best friend.” You will surely have a taste of what you have done to me!” I told her off and didn’t wait to hear her response as I ran back inside locking my door like I was scared they might come back.

“Peeeeeeep eeeeeeep!” Came the sound of a vehicle behind me bringing me back to my senses. I didn’t realise the traffic lights had indicated green.

I sighed stepping away from the brakes as l drove on. ” They are not worthy my tears!” I whispered to myself and wiped the tears from my face.

After all I had been a single woman for over 3 months and even though I missed being with both of them, I had decided to move on without them.

The 2 hours drive to Kabwe came to an end and as I parked my car by the road side, outside the funeral house, I saw a few faces turn my way.

I composed myself getting my Chitenge and wrapped it around my waist before stepping out.

The voice of my aunty calling out my name as I got to the entrance made me remember the tradition of wailing as one visited a funeral house especially that I was considered family.

” Oh my God! Uncle mwayaaa!” I yelled out feeling off as I didn’t feel that much pain Inside myself.

The others welcomed me with their crying and after some minutes it was silent and I could hear people’s voices talking and laughing.

” Well, I whispered in my head. Some funerals are funny huh, a minute ago people were wailing and now they go on discussing some issues like they were in a market place.”

” How was your journey? ” aunty asked making me realise I had gone off again.

” lt was okey aunty, it’s sad uncle is gone I was devastated when I received your call yesterday” I whispered sadly and she went on explaining what happened to him.

Later that night a group of people came and sung some funeral songs. They didn’t come from church though, I was told they were a group of drunks who sung at every funeral in the compound for a reward of Nshima.

I went to sit outside with my aunty and other women as we listened to the songs and people laughing. Then something caught my attention.

A man clad in some covers with PF labels sat silently in the corner near the men’s fireplace.

A plate of Nshima on the ground as he ate slowly.

” Who is he?” I asked my aunty and she looked at the direction my finger was going to..

” Who? ” she giggled

” That man there?” I asked knowing she knew who I meant.

” Oh that man is not well, he is a mad man that goes round and settles wherever there is a funeral and he never leaves unless after burial” she explained

” Oh sad” I sighed honestly feeling bad for him even if I couldn’t see his face.

” l wonder what happened to him to get like that” I said not to anyone in particular..

” never mind abalumendo banomba ifyakuchitachita ( young men of this era are fond of issues” my aunty responded and I murmered casually.

“I think I need to sleep now, l feel tired” I announced and my aunty showed me a reserved space for me.

As I closed my eyes to allow sleep take me over I couldn’t stop thinking of the blurred image of the mad man outside. I started wondering how he was feeling being in his condition. ” Does he feel cold, does he feel any kind of emotion?” I asked myself a series of questions until I felt sleep drowning me as I allowed my body to rest amid the noise around.

To be continued

© Tisa Phiri

All Rights reserved.

Source: www.youngicee.com

Would you like to work with me? Let's chat on whatsapp 07035898180
Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2018
Nakelimalo:

Would you like to work with me? Let's chat on whatsapp 07035898180

What do you do sir?
Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 8:42am On Apr 06, 2018
MAD IN LOVE EPISODE 7

I was standing my hands raised up high. It had been 7 days of attending prayer sessions with Benjamin, the priest had told me I had to continue taking him every afternoon and as I did, my faith grew.
I was feeling myself becoming so spiritual, my prayers became more powerful. I even took the advice of fasting on behalf of Benjamin as he could not do it himself. The first days were tough, but with time I started feeling great.
I would woke up in the night to pray as I continuously had bad dreams especially where the same women I didn't know kept on haunting me and wanting to kill me.
One man who was always present whenever the priest was praying for Benjamin, told me he had seen that Benjamin's situation was caused by a certain woman but he was not sure of her relationship to him.
" Have faith my sister and all shall be well, by the end of this seven days, you shall testify to the goodness of God" he strengthened me.
" I know for sure he will be okey" I had responded feeling my faith.
Friday came and I took time bathing Benjamin like I always did. I pulled a pair of brown soft jeans, a white vest and a black short sleeved shirt from the closet and asked him to dress up as I waited.
I put some black casual shoes on his feet, satisfied he looked good, I sprayed him some perfume. I was trusting God that the seventh day was a day he was going to deliver Benjamin, so I needed him to woke up and see himself looking normal and good.
" Today you will be okey, I don't know what will happen next after you regain your consciousness, but whatever will happen I will be able to live with myself knowing I played a great role in ensuring you got better." I whispered to him.
He was awkwardly quiet that day. He didn't even do his usual murmuring and smiling . As I drove us to Chelstone, I let Ephraim's song "Kafiwe fi Jericho!" play on repeat as l kept praying inside my heart. Something felt so right my spirit was so happy.
Minutes later, Benjamin was placed in the middle, this time we were joined by another man and woman who I was told were prayer warriors from the Charismatic Renewal Movement.
The priest asked us all to hold hands surrounding Benjamin, as we started singing praise and worship songs. The shouting and praying started and I joined in crying and praying to my God to hear us.
Tongues and calling on the fire of God went on as the prayers got deeper. The priest was leading the prayer lines with all of us agreeing and praying violently I could feel the change in the atmosphere.
" Jennifer! " the priest called my name.
" Do you believe in the Lord Almight!"
" Yes I believe " I responded without doubt.
" Do you believe that God the father, the son and Holy spirit has the power to set this man you brought here free?" He asked again and I shouted with faith.
" Yes father, I believe!" Tears ran down my face as I answered. Not that I was feeling any pain but the power surrounding us felt so strong it made my heart ach with extreme joy.
" Come kneel besides Benjamin and lay your hands on him. Tell God what you want him to do to this man and it shall be according to your faith" the Priest told me.
Slowly I knelt besides Benjamin, taking a closer look at his face as tears ran down my face. I opened my mouth to pray.
" My God, my father, hear me all my redeemer, I don't know who this man really is and I don't even know why you allowed that I took him in with me. I have not done the right things most of the times in my life but I know and am sure of one thing, you God are the only way and the only true salvation that I have.
Whatever it is that Benjamin had done to get to this condition, whatever unfairness that might have been done to get him like this, today in the name of Jesus, I pray you set him free.
I call out to your holy spirit to release your anointing power upon his body, soul and mind, that he may be set free.!
Free him almighty God and let your name be exalted !" I went on shouting and crying as my hands trembled holding Benjamin.
I can't recall anything else that l said in my prayers. But as everyone shouted and prayed, Benjamin let go of my hand pushing me away violently like my hands were burning him.
The priest came to my aid spraying some anointing oil on him and he fall down shaking viciously his mouth foaming with black liquids.
" Pray on people! " the priest shouted
" lt is the the Lord's time and his will shall prevail in the life of this young man today in Jesus' name! " He added continuously praying and casting out the demons as he went on spraying the oil on him .
After some minutes Benjamin fall on his face silent.
" ls he okey?" I stepped forward trying to hold him up.
" lt is done my child" the priest smiled at me and I smiled widely raising my hand and praising God.
" Benjamin!" I called him shaking him.
He sat up looking confused but normal. That dull look on his face was gone and he looked okey. We all watched him as he stood up straight looking around the room and taking his time staring at each of the people in the room.
He moved his eyes towards me as I stood closer to him. " Benjamin" I called him again trying to see if he could remember me.
" Who are you people? And where am I?" He responded and I jumped up shouting in joy.
" Oh my God you are okey!" I exclaimed hugging him close but I felt his hands push me away.
" Who are you?" He asked again this time he was directing his question on me. " Am am.... um" I stammered not knowing what to say.
" She's the woman God has used to bring healing to your life Benjamin" the priest answered coming to my aid.
He asked everyone to leave and asked us to sit down as he let me explain what happened to Benjamin.
" What? You mean I was mad? Like a mad man picking food from the rubbish pits and walking around in dirty clothes?" He asked his face in pure shock.
" Something like that, though you mostly stayed in funeral homes in Kabwe" I responded.
" Do you remember who you are? Or anything that happened when you were in that state ?" The priest asked him.
" Yes father, my name is Benjamin Kamanga, am working as the CEO of BK motor and equipment suppliers, my family company in Kabwe. My family is in Lusaka I visit them every weekend. I went there last weekend. " He explained clearly.
" Family?" I asked my heart panicking.
" Yes, l have a wife with a one year old son in Lusaka" he responded and I felt my knees go weak.
Father, held my hand assuredly. " it's Okey" he whispered.
" Yeah" I pushed a smile.
" Do you know what year this is?" The priest asked him.
" Yes, this is Sunday 14th of March 2012" he answered confidently. We both looked at each other and the priest shook his head.
" The enemy had put you in bondage for over 2 years Benjamin, today is Saturday 31st of January 2015"
" What?" Benjamin now realising my story was true asked.
" Am sorry son, but this woman here is saying the truth, you were cast with a mental illness for 2 years and if not for her good deeds which were way out of normal, you could have still been mad."
I saw Benjamin bow his head. The priest went on counselling him and for more than 2 hours we were locked in the room.
He encouraged me to take heart and let Benjamin decide his next step as everything that happened wasn't his fault, of course he told me that in confidence after I let Benjamin in my car.
We were quiet as I drove us back home, he kept his eyes on the road and I kept on stealing glances at him which he seemed not to notice.
" This is my house, you and I have stayed together here for almost 2 months now" I told him as he looked around the sitting room.
This is where you were sleeping I led him to the spare bedroom and he entered looking around taking in every detail like he was trying to remember.
He sighed sitting on the bed. " So why did you bring me here? I mean I don't understand, like you said I wasn't myself and that was quite a risk. Why did you do it? You and me never knew each other before? " he asked his calm voice steady.
I cleared my throat not knowing what to tell him. I felt ashamed of myself for the first time. " Honestly Benjamin I don't know" I shrugged honestly.
" I saw you at the funeral all quiet looking like this" I said opening my phone and showing him the photos I got of him before I bathed him.
He shook his head not believing he was seeing his image in the man in the pics.
" And I felt drawn to you" I told him the truth.
I showed him the clothes and covers he used to wear and he sat down again this time shedding tears.
" I have lost 2 years plus of my life I don't even know where to start from. I really don't know how I will ever repay you for your kindness and even if I have no idea why you picked me. Am so grateful" he added looking at me, but this time I couldn't see my crazy Benjamin anymore. He looked like a stranger all over again but my heart still felt the same for him.
His stare had has lost that passion I used to see in them, the innocence and gentleness. He looked at me like I was some kind of freak and it hurt so much.
After talking with him for a while he stood up asking if he could go to his house which he told me was in Foxdale.
I felt my eyes get wet at the thought of him leaving me all alone. " Of course, I will drive you there" l offered gaining courage and swallowing hard to make the tears go back.
" You have done enough, if you don't mind, let me go alone" he suggested.
" No, am sorry I might sound possessive, but it is almost 22 hours in the night. If you can't spend another minute in this house, allow me to take you so that I can make sure you are safe" I told him.
Driving him to his home was the most painful drive ever. I had hopped he stayed in with me that night and may be try to get to know me and staff like that, but he insisted he had to go find his family.
I hooted twice at the gate and a teenage boy came to open the gate. " uncle Ben!" He shouted upon seeing Benjamin.
He went out hugging the boy I could see they were close. We were ushered inside and a tall and slim woman came to see us standing shocked after seeing Benjamimn.
" Honey! " He shouted walking towards her and hugging her as she stood without hugging him back. I could bet she didn't look excited nor pleased to see him, instead I could sense some disappointment in her face.
" Where have you been?" She asked looking at me.
" lt's a long story honey. Where is our boy? " He asked .
" Excuse me I must leave now" I stood up not liking the awkwardness I was feeling.
" Am sorry" he sighed turning towards me.
" Honey meet Jennifer She's the woman who saved my life" he turned his wife towards me.
She looked at me from head to toe and I felt a big lamp on my throat.
I couldn't stay anymore so I said my goodbyes and Benjamin told me he would see me later. I don't remember if I responded, l just drove away my face wet with tears.
I closed the door to my house and shut my eyes allowing the tears to flow out freely.
" What was I thinking?" I sniffed.
I knew I had to understand the fact that he had to get back to his old life but that didn't stop it from hurting so much. Sinking in my couch l cried myself to sleep.

To be continued...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

Read up to episode 18 on www.youngicee.com/category/mad-in-love

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by skubido(m): 12:29pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hmmmm. U don try.. Don't worry b happy. God we reward u..

Tanks a lot 4d update
Re: Mad In Love by Pearl05(f): 4:50pm On Apr 06, 2018
I hope she hasn't taken in( pregnant).
Re: Mad In Love by izaray(f): 5:05pm On Apr 06, 2018
Wow...The story is getting more interesting, kudos to Oyinprince!
Re: Mad In Love by Dessydemmy: 6:27pm On Apr 06, 2018
Oyinprince:
Hello, I'm inviting you to join me here. Episodes will be posted daily.

HRHQueenPhil, sirblero, Ashiat39, MichaelBlake40, cyndy1000, uchihaclassiq, YINKS89, Aaaalexxx, SMARTgurUxxxxxxx, kakakoshina, Dessydemmy, hpymoment, Divepen1, Legendbeloved, Hayerh30, HayerhEmpresFIDEL30, SOPIGO, IAmXcessiz, Fshalom7,

DebbieAce , holahmihdeh
, Toluate, Mobecs , spending , ayosamlove
, EbonyQueen001 , KpagoGIN ,
Alexander15 , Tife101 , titanic1 ,
Drunkinlove , Eezohbae, Rollins777 ,
DimFemmy , itsmaoaom , Extremelygifted ,
WHIZKIDEFE , akpamma , yettielicious ,
Muzzbaba , dryakson , oluwatodimu1 ( m ), skubido
, Niwdog ( m ), stebam ( m ), Yemluvkid ,
kay29000 ( m ), menace001 , djpriopry
toyine1 , ViktorG , charityomojo ,
esOGUN , IamPopular

I'm here with the popcorn, oya make una bring Zobo make we enjoy go together. Thanks for the mention.

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by queenitee(f): 7:54pm On Apr 06, 2018
Poor Jenifer
Re: Mad In Love by chidiogojessy(f): 12:35am On Apr 07, 2018
so very painful
Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 8:19am On Apr 07, 2018
MAD IN LOVE EPISODE 8

Benjamin....
I saw her face drop when I asked to leave. But I had to, I couldn't get used to the fact that l was insane for over 2 years. Seeing myself in long shaggy hair and beards was so unbelievable.
After Jen explained everything, l was astonished at how a stranger would pick me up in the state I was before. She was a good looking woman for sure and from the neat house she told me was hers, I could tell she was a working class. Her motives for allowing herself go to the extreme of making sure I was Okey, wasn't making sense. I knew she had a huge heart for sure.
Her eyes looked passionate whenever she looked at me which I noticed all the time as she told me what happened, kept glancing at me.
" What happened to me?" I asked my wife Clara as we lay down in our bed the night after I went home. I had told her all about the prayers and how I was delivered the day Jennifer took me home.
For some reason I couldn't help feel she wasn't happy to see me. She seemed tense and I thought maybe my condition had affected her too. She told me our son was with my mother, after trying to ask her why, she shrugged telling me we would talk about it later.
" I don't know, why are you asking me Ben?" She responded unconcerned.
" Okey, honey honestly you are acting off, Jennifer is a total stranger to me but she was so excited seeing me okey. But I can't help think you are not pleased with my presence" I sat up looking at her as she played some games on her smartphone.
I noticed she looked different, something about her had changed and I wanted to find out why.
" You were God knows where for over 2 years Ben, you expect me to jump in excitement just because you showed up your face with a beautiful woman, giving the nonsense story of Whatever!" She said with 'whatever' stretched out.
" I am your husband and I expert you to feel happy seeing me back. I have not gotten to see the other family members yet and I know a lot of people will be happy to see me well" I told her but she didn't dare turn her face to look at me. It was like I was still dirty and mad in her eyes.
" Tell me honey, did you know I was sick, I mean, that mental illness?" I asked this time grabbing the phone and throwing it on the pillow.
" Yes I knew, so what?" She answered with sarcasm in he voice.
"Mmmmh Okey, so it had to take a stranger to rescue me from death, and my wife was busy doing.... games or the devil knows what" I yelled feeling emotional.
" Please Ben you just came in yesterday, I was getting used to live in peace and now am not ready to welcome some drama. So please stop yelling at me. " She responded with a cold face.
" Wait now its all coming back" I sighed remembering some days back before everything became dark.
Flash back....
" Hey honey, am just from looking at the accounts records Mulenga sent from Lusaka. What is going on there? A lot of money is missing" I asked Clara on the phone as I sat in my office.
" What are insinuating Ben? Am your wife and the accountant in this your company. Why on earth are you accusing me of wasting money!" She screamed.
" You are wrong Clara, I just want to ask because Mulenga raised a genuine complaint of us failing to settle debts there. The business is going down just in the few months I have been away" I tried to reason with her but she went on shouting and accusing me of calling her a thief.
My marriage to Clara was all rosy when we first got married. She was so sweet and I knew I found the woman of my dreams. But something about her changed drastically after she gave birth to our son Junior Benjamin..
She became moody and some people from the company told me some rumours of her having some affair but I was not the type to believe everything people said.
My late father had taught me to always try solve problems of my home without violence and never to act on people's rumours about my partner, as that would destroy us.
That issue passed and a month later, Mulenga who was the assistant accountant called me again this time he told me the company was going into liquidation.
I travelled all the way to Lusaka to talk to my wife about the money problems our company was facing. She had refused to shift to Kabwe saying it was a ghost town and so boring. Which made me travel back and forth on all weekends to see her and my son.
She however just responded in a way that made me start thinking twice about what people were saying of her building a house and making some other business with her lover.
That week we had a huge fight and I went back to Kabwe very upset. I stayed for a week without talking to her then I received a disturbing call, one Friday afternoon.
" Sir, your wife is right now lodging at some lodge here with a man. If you want to know the truth. Come over and see for yourself" the anonymous caller told me and cut the line before I could say a thing.
I wad still looking at the caller number when my phone rung again.
" She's at Cresta View Hotel" he spoke and again cut the line.
I was so disturbed that afternoon and I left all my work and drove to Lusaka. My instincts told me to first go home and confirm in case the person was bluffing, but I found her nephew, the boy I had suggested we keep after her sister died, sitting home with Ben who was by then a year and 9 months old.
" Where is your aunty?" I asked the boy and he shook his head." She left early in the morning before the maid came and she has not yet come back. The maid just received a call to spend a night with us. She is in the kitchen " the boy told me .
I couldn't keep my peace. I rushed out and drove at a high speed to Cresta View.
The cool wind blew in my face as I sat in my car waiting to see any signs of her as I didn't find her car parked outside.
I was almost giving up when I saw her Jeep drive in and they came out with a dark huge guy I couldn't recognise. My blood boiled at the sight of them walking and laughing their hands locked together.
I walked towards them and called her out, as they got into a room. I stepped in the door way before the man could close the door.
" What is the meaning of this Clara?" I asked
" Ben! What are you doing here?" She answered her eyes wide open.
" So people have been saying the truth about you all this while?" I shook my head and didn't stay to hear her response as I walked back to my car outside.
I was so mad I broke a few items in our bedroom. To make things worse, she came back after 2 hours and just stood watching me like I was a fool.
" l want you out of my house! I yelled angrily. You are ungrateful you slut and.."
" Hey !" She raised her hands up to Shut me.
" Don't insult me Ben. If you so wish do all you want like I care" she shrugged and I pulled her close slapping her face.
" You are a coward and apparently not man enough for me!" She spat crying as she held her face. "You are right people told you and you are too naive to notice. Just like you forced yourself on me even when I told you I was in love with another man. Henry is the man for me and he has always been." She shouted her voice infuriating me the more.
" I loved you and you promised to make us work. He dumped you for crying out loud and you are apparently cheap enough to go back to him. He's using you to get my money you fool.
I can't stand you! " I spat
" Am going back to Kabwe cause I can't stand your sight of disgrace. You are a snake and I can assure you, the money you have been spending on that clown is all you will get from this marriage, it's over!
Leave my house and take my child to my mother because I can't risk driving a small child this late. "
I screamed and left the house angrily. From that point, everything was blank. I couldn't remember anything else until I woke up in a room with a priest and the woman I came to know as Jennifer my saviour.
" Oh my God!" I held my head looking at Clara.
" That's it, how could I forget" l sighed looking at her now active glance.
" You witch! Don't tell me this madness was your doing, cause l swear to God I will make you pay. The priest talked about some woman involved. Now it is making sense why you are acting up. " I scoffed
She stood up standing up to me, " And who will believe you Ben? There is no proof to what you are saying. People just know you were involved in rituals to boost your business and something went wrong" she smiled wickedly.
" You devil!" I shouted trying to hit her but she held my hand. " Don't you dare! I am warning you. Am not that stupid woman you married years back. You don't want to mess with me, or you will wish you remained in your madness!" She snapped and walked out on me leaving me shocked and lost of words.
" Clara?" I asked myself sitting on the side stool defeated. Her face had something strange to it.
I however refused to give up. I wanted to know what happened to the rest of my family especially my son, mother and sisters and the companies too.
I had no phone, no money and nothing I could use to get to anyone that night nor call anyone.
I felt trapped in my own home and I walked to the living room which was down stairs. As I emmgered to have a view of the living room I saw Clara walking outside with her car keys in her hands.
" What happened here when l was away?" I asked the boy, her nephew.
He looked at me and shook his head. " aunty has been coming with different men. First it was that man she called Henry but he suddenly stopped coming and she started bringing different men.
She told me everyone you went mad because of rituals and she took Ben to grandmother's " the boy explained.
" Oh my God what happened to that woman, how and when did she turn into this demon?" I asked myself laying my back in the couch and noticing our wedding photo which used to hang straight where I sat wasn't there. Things had changed, it was so clear.
I didn't know how to start picking the pieces of my life back together. I looked for the company documents in the bedroom but there was nothing, according to the boy, Clara was now running my company in Lusaka though the boy wasn't sure what happened to the Kabwe branch.
I shed tears as I walked around my house which felt so strange. Everything had changed, my gym room was empty and filled with some boxes of old clothes, All my gym equipment gone.
" Oh my God help me" I whispered sitting outside on the veranda feeling my head cracking. Only a day after coming back from the dead, now I was shuttered to pieces.

To be continued...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

Read up to episode 20 here: www.youngicee.com/category/mad-in-love

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by skubido(m): 9:55am On Apr 07, 2018
Hmmmmm. Na wa oo

tanks a lot 4d update
Re: Mad In Love by Ashiat39(f): 3:26pm On Apr 07, 2018
First of all, my apology for my lateness. I didn't know that I got mentioned by you. I don't even know what is wrong with my account. It rearly notify me.

Thank you for this invitation, I rearly feel happy and honored.

Kudos to you for the work done. I always count on you our ever fulfilled writer

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by Nakelimalo(m): 11:18am On Apr 08, 2018
Oyinprince:

What do you do sir?

I need a creative writer and I think that's what you do
Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 9:08am On Apr 09, 2018
MAD IN LOVE EPISODE 9

Days had passed without hearing from Benjamin. I kept walking to his room hoping to see him seated in the bed. The scent of his perfume from the bedings and clothes made me miss him more. I couldn't couldn't get myself to forget him and I felt hurt he didn't show up for days.
I had wished for him to atleast come back. The urge to go and see him was strong but every time remembered the look on his wife's face I felt terrified. There was something dark about her and her gaze scared me.
I had decided to see the priest and told him how I was feeling.
He smiled holding my hand.
" You are not crazy, you love him genuinely and it's just normal that you miss him after staying with him for all the period. But I wouldn't want you hurt. I know how you feel but it's best you let go because he cannot leave his wife. Remember marriage is blessed and ordained by God and no man should come between such a sacred union" he explained
" I know father, but I can't stop wishing he was mine. I loved him in his madness and I still love him now, it hurts to see him walk away after everything" I complained and he held my hand comforting me.
" Take heart my child, God has a way and purpose for everything. Just continue putting Benjamimn in your prayers. I still feel in my spirit his life is in danger. Stand in the gap for him. Remember when you help someone once, they become your responsibility" he told me.I trusted his words and even though it was hard to ignore my feelings, I tried to keep away.
" Hey!" Kegan calls out as he pushed the door open. He had called earlier to tell me he was coming and this time I agreed which made him sound surprised.
" Hey!" I sighed hugging him.
" What's going on Jen? You have been crying ?" He asked sitting me down.
I couldn't control myself now that he asked. He hugged me and let me cry on him.
" Tell me what happened my girl, am your friend and I don't like seeing you sad.
I went on explaining the details to him and he stood looking at me like I was crazy.
" Are you nuts!, you telling me you have been hosting a mad man in this house all these weeks?" He scolded me
" I know it's crazy and no one would probably understand me. But I fall in love with him and now that I had to go through all that to make sure he's okey, it turns out he's a married man" I said sadly.
Kegan went on telling me how I was so crazy. " No wonder you were behaving off the past days. Here I was thinking you are upset with me for seeing me with the girl at the party. Little did I know something huge was taking place in your house here." He shook his head.
I told him everything and how l was feeling.
" You can't blame him. He's a man and now he's back with his wife. You used yourself for nothing" he spat
" Stop it now Kegan I won't take this from you any longer. I told you I fall in love and call me mad I dont care. Now that I have thought about it, I have to go and see him" I told him standing up.
" Oh no you won't, let that man if he's a grateful man come over here and talk to you himself" he pushed me back.
" No I can't. Something is up with him and I can't sit here crying myself when he is in some kind of trouble. He needs me" l added
" Listen to your self Jen, he needs you? He's a married man for God's sake he no longer needs you now that he's fine" Kegan insisted.
We argued for almost an hour and I convinced him I needed to see Benjamin.
" Be careful Jen. This won't end well " he warned and left as I told him to.
I went in my bed room and changed into a pencil skirt and sleeves top covering it with a small Jacket. I wore some heels and headed out making sure my hair was looking good in its kink state.
As I drove closer to Benjamin's address I kept hearing Kegan' s voice." He's a married man and doesn't need you!"
" No, I feel it in me, he needs me" I sighed increasing the speed.
" ls Benjamin home?" I asked the same boy who opened the gate last time I took Benjamin. He was still answering my question when I saw him emerging from the stairs.
" Jennifer!" He called out looking glad that he was seeing me. More like he had been waiting for me to go see him.
" Benjamimn! How are you?" I walked to him
" Am glad you came. I have been wanting to see you since the last time you dropped me here." He spoke as he pulled my hand outside the house. I looked at his face, something was totally not right.
" Let's get out of here please!" He begged holding my two hands together.
" Okey" I sighed opening the door to the car.
I sat down in the driver's seat and my eyes went back at the house. His wife stood by the window high up looking down on us. Her facial expression still displaying the same kind of weirdness.
" Let's leave now" Benjamin whispered looking at me as I glanced at his wife.
" Yeah sure" l started the car engine and drove on.
" Where do you want to go?" I asked realising he was silent.
" To your house if you don't mind" he responded almost in a whisper.
I kept my eyes on the road, this time I could feel his eyes on me. He kept looking at me and when I tuned to face him he smiled.
" Thank you" he said
" For what? Taking you out of your house which I realised you were so eager to leave?" I asked still looking at him when the road ahead cleared and straightened up after a curve.
" For everything!" He smiled again.
" You are welcome Benjamin. I felt you needed me, so after the past days of you not showing up to let me know you were alright I was prompted to come over. I hope there's no problem at all" I told him as a matter of fact.
He sighed and this time he looked sad. " Let's get home and talk over this there" he responded and I smiled at the way he was calling my house, 'home'.
" Give me some water please" he spoke when we entered the house. He made himself comfortable on the couch. " Sure" I walked to the kitchen and brought him some water.
" So, how was I like?" He swallowed hard still holding a glass cup in his hands after drinking some of the water.
" I mean when I was ...."
" I know" I cut him short.
" Well, you were never violent, unless provoked out of your sleep you became a bit agitated . You were mostly quiet and spoke less, Ate lots of Nshima and oranges too. I had to bath you everyday, you loved water but didn't just know how to get a bath rightly" I chuckled looking at his face.
He let a small laugh, " I must have been lots of work huh?"
" Not really I enjoyed your company and I had so much hope of your recovery. Like l said last time I was getting you some drugs so that helped too especially when I was out for work before taking you to a priest." I told him and l saw him hold his hands to his face crying softly.
I knew for a man to cry like that something big was going on. " Oh no don't please" I moved closer to him patting his back.
" I have the reasons to believe my wife was behind my illness Jennifer. How can she be so evil, she took away my companies. My house has been a playing ground for her and her numerous lovers. I tried to find my mother but all her lines are off. I can't get to Mean Wood where I last left her at our family house because I have no money, my wife won't leave even a coin in the house. My whole life is shuttered to pieces and I don't know how I will survive this... I..... l..... l." he cried burping as his chest lifted up and down. He leaned his head on me and I held him closer to my chest letting him cry his pain out.
" lt's okey, God wouldn't let you die in that condition because he has a whole life planned for you. Take heart and be strong all shall be well" I whispered rubbing his back
" I am not surprised about your wife, the priest mentioned something and I have had a bad a feeling about her since I first met her. But not to worry God is in control" I wiped my own tears as he kept crying on me.
" Can I stay here today?" He asked sitting up.
" I can't can't go back to that house. I can't get myself to sleep at night and she's always throwing insults at me. She wishes I was gone and forgotten, am afraid she might do something to me" he begged his tearly eyes set on mine.
" Of course, you can stay here as long as you want and today we must go and find your family and baby together " l added assuring him as I held on to his soft long hands.
" You are heaven sent Jen, can I call you Jen?" He asked with a slight smile.
" Definitely, my friends call me Jen" l smiled.
" Let me just cook something we eat then we can go and see your family" I told him and he nodded his head.
" Nshima with Chicken?" I asked standing up and looking down at him, he wore a pair of black shorts displaying his hairy legs and a dark blue T-shirt, some moccasins on his feet I guessed they were his old clothes.
" I love chicken" he smiled
" I know!" I smiled back and walked to the kitchen.
After serving us, I watched him eating and I smiled at the way he was taking time to mold the lamp of Nshima in his palm. Guessing it was his usual way of eating slow.
" I love the way you eat" I smiled biting a piece of chicken.
I saw his chest life up and down as he smiled.
" Yeah, my mother always said I eat like a woman" he smiled.
I couldn't help but look forward to know the true Benjamin and as we ate, I couldn't stop thinking about him even when he was there with me.
Getting to his family house as he directed me, we found the place, but unfortunately with different owners. " Where could they be?" He asked sadly sitting back in the car seat.
" What did the woman say?" I asked him.
" She doesn't know, she said my mother sold the house last year and all she knows is that she moved to Chainda. I can't believe my mother would sell the house. Now I have no idea where to start looking for them in chainda" he complained.
" Am sure she sold it because she had no option Benjamin, don't worry we will find them one day. You have to be patient" I encouraged him.
He was quiet all the way back home and I let him be. He was suffering inside and I was feeling myself drawn in his sadiness.
" Can I lay down and sleep for a while, I feel tired" he asked when we got home.
" Of course you can. The room there is still yours" I answered and walked him there.
" Am sorry, I got use to putting you to bed, so..." I shrugged when I realised he sat down looking at me as l stood in the door way.
" lt's okey," he smiled.
" lt's evident you know me a whole lot. I mean you bathed me so what's there to hide" he chuckled and I felt shy.
" l will leave you to sleep now" I turned to walk away.
" Jen!" He stopped me.
" mmmmhm" I murmered in response.
" Mind if you stay with me here. I have been scared of sleeping for days, just maybe I can rest well if you were close by"
" Oh, sure" I walked to him and lay besides him.
" Thank you again" he smiled looking at my face." And you are so beautiful you know that?" He added.
" Thank you" was all I could say and I saw him close his eyes slowly falling asleep. I watched him as he slept breathing slowly, he looked peaceful.
" God take away his pain" I whispered a prayer and decided to sleep too.

To be continued...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/mad-in-love

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by skubido(m): 9:27am On Apr 09, 2018
Baba tanks a lot 4d update,

dey make sense dey go..
Re: Mad In Love by izaray(f): 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2018
God bless you for this update
Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2018
MAD IN LOVE EPISODE 10

Clara.......
I couldn't understand why he kept on insisting on marrying me. I had initially told him I was not interested in marrying him but he insisted.
Benjamin was just a man I agreed to date because I was hurting, I just had a big fight with the man I loved months before we met.
We met at his friend's come together party were l follwed Mercy my friend who was invited and he approached me.
" Hey I like you can I have your numher please" he had asked.
" Am sorry but am in no mood to exchange numbers" I told him sincerely.
" Well, it's not like am asking you out or anything I just want us to be friends" he insisted
I liked his looks, I actually thought he was handsome. Giving him my number, I didn't even expect him to call me. But to my surprise he called me that evening. He sounded calm and composed I liked his maturity.
Days later, he kept in touch and I didn't pay attention to him. " Do you know who that guy is?" My friend Mercy asked me one day when I told him about Ben. " Okey I really don't care who the guy is. Am not intrested in him. Am still in love with my Henry" I answered her.
We were talking from the salon shop where we both worked as hair dressers. Getting the hair dryer and blowing the customers hair. I shrugged unconcerned." Who is He?"
" He's the son to the owner of BK motor and equipment suppliers! Dummy" she shouted on top of the noise from the dryer.
" Don't tell he is...." I turned off the dryer now paying attention.
" Yes silly!" She shouted laughing.
" he's so heir of the famous BK companies, those people are loaded dear and if you ask me that's your ticket to a good life" she added.
" I could use some cash!" I shouted going back to blowing my customer.
From that day, I decided to cut some cash by accepting Ben's proposal. Definitely for his money and fame and not anything else.
I was still waiting on my Henry who had started dating another girl, but I still had hope he would come for me one day and realise how much I loved him.
I was surprised when Ben proposed to Marry me at his birthday party.
He stood in front of everyone that was present then and asked for the music to be turned down.
" I have a special announcement" he started as everyone looked at him some people holding glasses of wine, others chewing on some snacks that were served.
" I want to take this opportunity and ask the woman that my heart has chosen, she's the reason for my smiles the past 3 months and I think I have found what I have been looking for. " he paused and everyone shouted for him to continue with excitement. I on the other hand didn't like where it was going. I had never even for a moment dreamed of marrying Ben. Of course I couldn't tell him I wanted him for his money. I played a nice and sweet girlfriend he wanted me to be.
Trying to find faults in him so that I could have the reason to damp him failed. As he was always faithful and a gentle man, too gentle for my liking though.
" Clara Mwanza! Will you marry me?" He asked and I looked up realising I had wild off and didn't hear the rest of what he said.
" What?" I popped my eyes open, not that I was surprised, but somehow like saying "are you Mad!"
" Make me a happy man by accepting to be my wife" he knelt before me and people shouted
" Say yes! Say yes!" I was caught in the web of indecision, I honestly wanted to say no but with the cheering and the look of happiness on Ben's face I couldn't get the courage to.
" yes I will marry you" I responded as everyone cheered.
Ben pushed a beautiful gold engagement ring on my fingers and kissed me passionately.
" I love you" he whispered holding me closer.
If it were my Henry I would have been crying with tears of joy. But no, what I felt made me mad at myself for accepting a man I didn't have passion for to Marry me.
" I love you too" I faked a smile and l saw him beam with excitement.
Everyone was happy with me accepting to Marry Ben, especially my family who said I had made a right choice and that Ben was a good man. " maybe he will help you continue with your CIMA courses as well since I have no money to see your through" my father had encouraged me.
I had done two levels of CIMA and I couldn't get a job, I needed money to go further in my studies but my father's illness which led to him losing his job made it impossible, causing me to find a stupid job at a salon getting K800 salary per month.
My wedding day was the worst, I kept on thinking about Henry and what he would do if he found out I married someone else.
" Ate you crying honey?" Ben asked at the night of the wedding.
I had stood in front of the mirrow looking at myself. I felt I was in a wrong place. " No Honey, they are tears of joy, I can't believe am married to you, you are such a good and generous man" I smiled at him.
" You my love, is going to have a happy life with me cause am gonna make it my mission to make you happy" he kissed my lips.
Making love to him that night was like sleeping with an enemy. He was so excited about everything and I was beginning to get irritated he couldn't notice how miserable I had become.
Given his kind of man, he payed for my courses and in 3 years I was done. The unfortunate happened when I got pregnant. It was a total accident. I had forgotten to take my family planning pill that night.
Well, to cut the long story short. Ben with the joy of me giving him a child. Made me the accountant of his father's company in Lusaka after his father died.
I was not to let the opportunity to make myself some money and get liberty from the prison of marriage l was in. So I took lots of money and started building some estates for myself.
My dream came true when Henry and I made up. We started making plans together and he advised me to get more money so that we could build ourselves our own business. He promised when we had established something worth while we would start our lives together.
Things were easy especially that Ben moved to work at the Kabwe company making it easier for me.
Him discovering I was stealing and later of my relationship with Henry, made things unpleasant for me.
" We are not yet where we want to be babe" Henry told me the same night Ben caught us together. He had insisted we finished our business before I could get back home.
" But babe, now that he knows with the rumours around, I know he would want to divorce me. Not that I don't want that but we still need his money" I told him as I lay on his broad chest.
" What do we do? We can't afford having me thrown out at this point" I asked Henry..
He sighed and sat up smiling. "I think I know what we will do. Kill him!" He said without hesitation.
" What, oh no Henry we are not killers and..oh no please something else but murder. I don't want any blood on my hands babe" I shook my head standing from the bed.
He came and hugged me from behind rubbing his nude body on mine. " We have no choice, at least we know whatever he has will be yours and that your bastard son when he's no more. Saving us all the trouble " he whispered close to my ears.
"I said no" I shouted walking away from him.
" Okey! Fine. Tell me what we are going to do then?" He shrugged angrily.
We were both quiet for some time and then I tuned towards him." Yes that's it!" I shouted smiling and going to sit on him.
" What?" Henry asked looking unpleased.
" We should make him go mad" I suggested my face beaming at the idea.
" Mad?" He chuckled looking at me as his hand went round holding my back.
" Yes babe, think of it, he's going to be all crazy taking away all his sense of reason and anything else sensible. But still alive, saving us the stains of blood on our hands" I told him cheerfully
" You are a genius babe" Henry kissed me passionately.
Well, our plan worked, after a fight with Ben, who stormed out mad at me for telling the truth to his face.
Early the following morning Henry and I went to see a man we preferred to call as herbalist, he gave me some charm and I chanted some words cursing Ben to his madness.
It was wonderful how fast it worked.
As we left the man's place I received a call from some manager at the company in Kabwe that Ben was acting weired.
" He's probably tired don't worry he will be fine soon" I responded smiling as I looked at Henry besides me in the car.
" No don't" I quickly responded when he asked if they could bring him back home. 2 weeks later his mother came with some drama of how I had caused her son to go mad.
" Well, rumor had it that your son was apparently doing some rituals for his business, so we both know that mostly doesn't end well" I shrugged taking a bite at the Apple I was eating before she bugged into my living room.
" Am sure one day the tables will turn and just then we will see who the devil really is" she shouted.
" Leave my house and carry your grandson with you, who knows maybe that your son has already initiated him too" I responded pointing at Junior.
She looked at me from head to toe and cursed me quoting some scriptures which I didn't even pay attention to.
My life was okey with me taking full control of the companies. I was legally the owner of the business given Benjamin's condition.
unfortunately Henry crossed me again by cheating on me with another woman months later, which I didn't take lightly.
I hired some gang to kill him. Even though it left me lonely I felt better about the betrayal, after everything I had done for him, he deserved it.
I was free taking on whichever man interested me, what with the money I had to myself, there was no having a dull moment to even think of either the mad Ben or the dead Henry.
I was caught by surprise seeing him walk back to the house with a flashy looking woman. I couldn't act happy cause I wasn't feeling it. In fact I thought for a moment Ben came to fish me out and I hated the fact that his madness was gone.
I realised he had somehow forgotten what happened and tried to fake a good wife the day he arrived. I couldn't take it any more especially when he told me the story of how that crazy woman picked him up from some funeral and took him for some prayers.
" Well now that he recalled what happened a day after, I just had to stand my ground and let him know who was in charge.
The days with him around were so frustrating I felt like pouring a pot of hot water on him.
I threw insults at him and even came with one of my lovers home but the idiot was too broke to leave. He had no idea were his mother and son were and I couldn't give him the pleasure of what l did to make them loose the famous family mansion. It was all in my name now and I put someone to rent it.
" Oh here we go again" I sighed seeing the so-called saviour coming home again. I almost burst out laughing at her. I mean, who picks mad men anyway, she was surely nuts I pitted her.
She looked young and so full of life, she was beautiful too I thought she could have done better. " as long as you don't cross me lady, then we are good. You can have that mad man for all I care" I spoke to myself as I watched them get in the car.
" Good lucky crazies! " I spat and walked back to the dressing mirrow loving the way the black silky dress was perfectly fitting my body.
I had a meeting with some share holders that afternoon and it just excited me to learn that loaded drug dealers were willing to use my company trucks to smuggle drugs and cash across borders at good cash payments.
" lt's a good day...!!!!" I screamed on top of my voice as I walked down the stairs. Feeling like a queen I was.

To be continued...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/mad-in-love

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by izaray(f): 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
No wonder they keep on saying after God fear women cha!! But sincerly speaking, some of us are dangerous creatures.

May God have mercy on us sad
Re: Mad In Love by Nextlevel10: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
Enjoying this story. Thanks for the update.. More pls
Re: Mad In Love by skubido(m): 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
Chai, na wa oo. Con dey reap whr she no sow.. Na jst 4 a Mata time
if lie has gone so far, 1 day 1 day truth we meant him take ova

tanks a lot 4d update boss. Jah bless
Re: Mad In Love by WHOcarex: 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2018
Beautiful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

English Grammar Lesson / The brand Of 'X' / List Your Top Five Greatest Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 252
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.