Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,386 members, 7,864,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia (898 Views)

Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? / Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by honeric01(m): 12:29pm On May 06, 2010
Nigeria replace Iceland with S/Arabia

Posted: 2010-05-06 07:48

Nigeria will now play Saudi Arabia in Austria on May 25 after Iceland pulled out citing concerns about the volcanic ash cloud from Eyjafjallajökull.

"We will now play Saudi Arabi in Austria on May 25, rather than Iceland in London on the same date," NFF Chief Media Officer Ademola Olajire told KickOffNigeria.com.

It is the most recent turn in Nigeria's chaotic preparations for the World Cup, which has seen friendlies cancelled almost as soon as they are announced, but Olajire insisted that this was for real.

"The contract has been signed and confirmed and the game will definitely go ahead," he said when pressed about the viability of this particular fixture.

This means Nigeria will play Saudi Arabia on May 25, Colombia on May 30 and North Korea on June 4, barring any further changes.

Technical Adviser Lars Lagerback is expected to name his final squad on June 1.
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by candylips(m): 3:27pm On May 06, 2010
nfa is useless
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by bawomolo(m): 3:58pm On May 06, 2010
the same saudi that have not recovered from their sodomization by germany.
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by honeric01(m): 4:04pm On May 06, 2010
what can we really do to these people? angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by deb(m): 12:20pm On May 07, 2010
That NFF is just full of brain damaged people later they will blame the coach and the players for "failing" the nation
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by kevoh(m): 12:31pm On May 07, 2010
I'll continue to state that it would've been better we had not qualified for this world cup,imagine Saudi Arabia! I'll be so glad if the funds wasted on lagerback,hotels,trips would be directed to other sports like athletics!
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by SleekReek(m): 2:46pm On May 07, 2010
angry Saudi Arabia,what is the meaning of that!We don't have an arab country in our group,so what use will it do us.We are playing a South American,European and Asian side,so to be fully prepared for there styles of play we need to play similar countries but no!,our inept NFF embarassed in the name of playing friendlies, they chose Saudi Arabia, i weep cry for our country.
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by Iyineda(m): 2:57pm On May 07, 2010
You guys should quit b!tching about which country Nigeria gets to play against. The most important thing is to secure a match and a venue. Imagine a team like Uruguay only has one official friendly match before the start of their WC campaign. . . against Israel (source fifa.com).

I'm pretty satisfied with the friendlies (if all are confirmed).

SE will face:
- Saudi Arabia on May 25
- Colombia on May 30
- North Korea on June 4

(source fifa.com)
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 07, 2010
Iyineda:

You guys should quit b!tching about which country Nigeria gets to play against. The most important thing is to secure a match and a venue. Imagine a team like Uruguay only has one official friendly match before the start of their WC campaign. . . against Israel (source fifa.com).

I'm pretty satisfied with the friendlies (if all are confirmed).

SE will face:
- Saudi Arabia on May 25
- Colombia on May 30
- North Korea on June 4

(source fifa.com)

i fully agree with you inyeda.

we are playing NORTH KOREA, COLUMBIA and saudi arabia

we should be happy.
look at argentina. the only friendly they lined up is against canada and haiti (which the played and won 4-0)
argentina should be more worried than nigeria, if there is a need to panic!!!!!

north korea = south korea    (asia)
columbia = argentina            (s. america)
saudi arabia ? greece            ( undecided . . . . . . . grin)

(source fifa.com)

i want to see the results so i can predict the future of nigeria in the world cup!

i cant wait for the world cup / friendly games!!
lets hope they will be confirmed
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by 12large: 8:36pm On May 07, 2010
bbiob and iyeneda the 2 of you guys are plain stupid, what an ignorant statement to make. when does 2 wrongs make a right, world cup draw was made since december 4 and yet nff could not find a big team, is saudi arabia we want to play, a team that germany wire 8-0.
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by Kgdavid(m): 11:12am On May 08, 2010
^ saudi arabia were beaten 8-1 8 years ago! how is that result relevant today? i assure u saudi football has progressed in leaps and bounds since then.
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by Iyineda(m): 1:00pm On May 08, 2010
12large:

[it's] saudi arabia we want to play, a team that germany wire 8-0.

Yeah, a team that also wallopped Ghana's A team 5 nada not too long ago, and in turn Ghana's B team schooled us at the AFCON.
My point is that NFF have confirmed 3 matches for the SE. Last I checked, 3 prep games are better than 1.

Complain over there ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by 12large: 1:45pm On May 08, 2010
my point is that the team is too small. imagine lagerback that don't know much about eagles, so on his first game he pairs yobo and someone, how is he going to know that yobo is no more good when we are playing saudi arabia, i douth if saudi would even have any dhot on goal
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by Iyineda(m): 2:35pm On May 08, 2010
12large:

i douth if saudi would even have [b]any shot [/b]on goal

. . . wow
Re: Nigeria Replace Iceland With S/arabia by Nobody: 1:04am On May 09, 2010
12large:

bbiob and iyeneda the 2 of you guys are plain silly, what an ignorant statement to make. when does 2 wrongs make a right, world cup draw was made since december 4 and yet nff could not find a big team, is saudi arabia we want to play, a team that germany wire 8-0.

it is people like you who are very ignorant about the game
is it only s. arabia we are playing?

1.   14/10/2009, s. arabia won Tunisia
2.   04/06/2009 s. arabia won China
(source: fifa.com)

you think they are the same team that they were EIGHT years ago, bro that was EIGHT years ago. its just like me complaining about a persons style of play when they were 16 and 25 years old. how is that the same??

nigeria is playing N.korea, one of asia's giants
they are playing columbia. . .

as iyenda says

Complain over there -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

simple and short

(1) (Reply)

Soccer Africa: My Second Hand Car Is Better Than Nigeria National Team Coach / Best Super Eagles Goal Ever! / Nations Cup 2013: Nigeria Will Qualifiy – Fmr. NFA Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.