Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

How I Analyse Insurance Stocks - Best Nigeria Insurance To Buy - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How I Analyse Insurance Stocks - Best Nigeria Insurance To Buy (594 Views)

Nigeria Insurance Sector Recovers An Annual Rate Of 8.01% / Hi, I'll Show You How I Analyse The Fx Market, My Results.. And Then You Invest / Nigeria Insurance Division Grossed N400 Billion Cumulative Premium In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Analyse Insurance Stocks - Best Nigeria Insurance To Buy by ogedanny: 10:52am On Mar 31, 2018
How I Analyse Insurance Stocks Using Companies Financial Statement Like Profit or Loss, Balance Sheet (Financial Positions) And Cashflow - Top Financial Ratios to Find Best Insurance Companies Stocks In Nigeria

I had a conversation with a friend, this guy loves penny stock so much that he doesn't trade stocks that sell above N10 per share. Besides, most of the penny stocks he bought early this year have earned him double-digit return.

I always tell him that I love his confidence when it comes to picking penny stock but you know his major concern? His least performing stocks are insurance companies, while the banking stocks are doing well on a year-to-date return basis YTD), the insurance stocks are underperforming compared to the overall sector index.

The insurance sector is up by 9.5% year-to-date which isn't impressive when compared to the other indices. As of this writing, the NSE insurance sector, after a 5-day fall, is forming a pin bar at the 20 moving average line, a signal that shows the end of a downtrend.

The truth is this, Insurance is the most difficult financial products to sell in Nigeria and if you really want to invest in the sector, you need to find companies that are really making consistent profits, highly efficient and are generating healthy cash flow.

How then can one pick good insurance stocks to buy?

My simple guide to picking great insurance stocks to focus on the best-performing company in the sector, the usual way of analysing the strongest sector isn't applicable as the sector had always been behind its peers for a long time, a reason not to even give it a shot. Take a look at the 5-year performance, 5-9% is low compared to the banking, industrial, healthcare and even the overall market index, so why would you still take the risk of buying stocks in the insurance sector? The only reason is the opportunity to cash out from penny stocks. When you buy into a big cap stock like Zenith bank, a 50k increase might not necessarily make much money compared to the result of a 50K gain on a penny stock. Why? the low price per share of penny stocks make larger volume purchases easy, hence offers better opportunities to cash out faster. Insurance sector offers more penny stocks than others.

More details here - http://nigerianstockstobuy.com/how-i-analyse-insurance-stocks-companies-financials/
Re: How I Analyse Insurance Stocks - Best Nigeria Insurance To Buy by baugustine(f): 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2018
Let a professional handle your insurance matters........
CALL OR WHATSAPP ME NO
AUGUSTINE BLESSING CHINEDU
Consolidated Hallmark
insurance PLC
we reduce your *stress*
*_consolidatedhallmark.com_

(1) (Reply)

Business Opportunity / Forex Trading Signals / Product Distributorship For Nigerian Market – Market Research - Car Diagnosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.