Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

My Forever Love — A Novelette - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Forever Love — A Novelette (500 Views)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Forever Love — A Novelette by ItzChinnex(m): 11:00am On Mar 31, 2018
Copyright ⓒ Chinnex Onyenobi, 2018

This work is copyright. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of the publisher.

SYNOPSIS

About a wealthless , penniless man, though so much in love with his wife needs to hustle to meet daily needs.

Got acquitted to a wealthy white lady who came into his country for business purpose. She fell madly in love with him, Now he is confounded, you know why? Well, let's get down  business

Chapter 1

The weather seems to be lil' harsh, Ali still lying in his bed thinking and wondering what has happened yesterday. I would have hit him hard with shovel on his head then allow them to arrest me. Ohhh! As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for there sport. The rich are now gods over the poor. But wait, they think I am like other workers who keeps silent to the face of subjugation? Never. I would be ruling over them if this country were any better, yes! I am a graduate and most of them didn't even finish primary schools. Well, it's up to our maker to deal with these animals.
Lest I forget, Chief William asked me to see him today around 3pm, it's almost time, I hope that criminal says something better this time not asking for the only landed property I acquired when I came here newly because, it's the only investment that still makes me relevant.

His stood up, collected his pant and shirt from the nails hanged on the wall, and bashed out bumping to his wife with basket of tomatoes on her head.

Welcome sweetheart

Thank you, where re you off too?

Chief sent for me

Which Chief?

Which other Chief do we know apart from Chief Williams

Oh.. But Hope it's not to sell our land hence the calling

I don't know Darling,  but you know I won't dare sell my only property, sorry our only property.

Good, now hurry, but please while coming, buy kerosine so I should prepared something for us this night

So you mean you didn't buy kero while coming?

No, I didn't

I have no kobo here but Please if you have any spear cash, use it to get the kerosine

I didn't make any sale today in the market , she said as she sat down on the bed-turned-mat.

OK Darling, I will get some kerosine from mama iyabo's shop on credit. I should be on my way. He stormed out and headed to Chief William's house.

But wait, let me use this opportunity to introduce this Ali of a man.
  He is a 2nd class graduate of Mechanical Engineering, in one of the prestigious universities in Nigeria. Fell in love with Onome during his university days. I think he was in his finals and Onome was in her second year: a true love that eventually led to marriage.

Ali is the shortened name for Aliba. He had always dreamt to be great during his youthful days. I must attain the height of 'Willis Carrier' he would say. He took all studies serious though his parents were not financially buoyant, he still struggled to graduate, and not just graduating, but also with second class upper.

He married Onome immediately he graduated from the university; the worst mistake he ever made, he should have made money first, but Onome was not getting any younger.

I know I ain't writing this story for ghosts?
Let me see if humans are really reading this story.. Then I will continue..

http://www.romancegoal.com/2018/03/my-forever-love-novelette.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Check Out The Current Plate Number Of The IG Of Police / Triumph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.