Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools (4432 Views)

Photos Of Kids In Public Schools In Different Countries Eating Lunch / New Look Of Public Schools In Borno State / Decay In Public Schools In Akwa Ibom (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by moyems(m): 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2018
*Edo govt revives cultural clubs in public schools*

Edo State Commissioner for Arts, Culture and Diaspora Affairs, Hon. Osaze Osemwegie-Ero, has said the state government has commenced the process of reviving cultural clubs in secondary schools across the state.

Hon. Osemwegie-Ero, who disclosed this during an interview with journalists in Benin City, said, “On February 26, cultural clubs were inaugurated in secondary schools in Edo South at an event held at the Imaguero College, where over 380 students represented 50 schools from Edo South Senatorial District.”

“The children who attended the event learnt a lot. Prominent Palace Chiefs spoke to the children on the essence of learning about cultures. Children from four schools, who wrote essays on the theme of the 2017 Edo Fest: Arts, Culture: "Our Wealth" were rewarded and got to seat at the high table as measures to encourage them,” Ero said.

Noting that similar events are being planned for secondary schools in Edo North and Central districts, Osemwegie-Ero said, “Similar event will hold in Edo North at St. John Modern College, Fugar, on April 20, 2018. On the same day, there will be another event in Edo Central at Uromi Town Hall. Traditional rulers, Commissioners for Education and Youths, notable Edo artistes and other stakeholders in the arts and culture sector, will be at these events to encourage the students and add colour to the event."

The commissioner said the Godwin Obaseki led-administration intends to inculcate cultural norms and values in children in secondary schools, noting, “This will be done in such a way that the children will grow up with our cultural norms and values.”

He noted, “It is unfortunate that many children can’t communicate in Edo languages and don’t understand cultural values. Children must be assisted to correct the trend.”

Osemwegie-Ero explained that the cultural club activities will be introduced in secondary schools, adding, “We also plan to organise cultural competitions for the students where they will be rewarded. We intend to approach the Benin Monarch, Oba Ewuare II, to support the initiative, as he continues to demonstrate passion to promote the learning of cultural values.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/03/31/edo-govt-revives-cultural-clubs-in-public-schools/

2 Likes

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by samsonoyarenua1: 5:01am On Apr 02, 2018
Thank you Governor Obaseki for the revival of cultural clubs in school as in, back to back, ways that you have really made us feel good back again back in order among the good states in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:10am On Apr 02, 2018
wow! Here we have the REAL OBA doing his best to preserve culture, traditional religion , end the sufferings of prostitutes abroad etc.

From the Great Benin Empire..

and out there in Afonjaland we have the Great Emir Al mUminin of islam Sheikh lil wayne akanbi who is also doing his best to preserve the indigenous culture of the region.

7 Likes

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Khayhigh01(m): 7:10am On Apr 02, 2018
Nice one from Edo

I still remembered the day I joined Facebook,I added chris brown and he accepted,I was very happy untill he asked me for MTN recharge card shocked grin

8 Likes

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by CastedAyo: 7:11am On Apr 02, 2018
GOOD news from EDO

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by overhypedsteve(m): 7:12am On Apr 02, 2018
Nothing else to do
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Leonbonapart(m): 7:12am On Apr 02, 2018
Backwardness
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Olalan(m): 7:13am On Apr 02, 2018
Its Good state governments are working towards cultural revival and preservation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Olukokosir(m): 7:13am On Apr 02, 2018
Leonbonapart:
Backwardness

Ao sir
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:13am On Apr 02, 2018
Leonbonapart:
Backwardness

jesus must be crazy shocked
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 02, 2018
angry

For the essence of what exactly?

That's why this country will never grow, rather it will continue to be rooted in tribal/religious sentiments, hypocrisy, nepotism and its likes...

Other countries are embracing developments and technology, while my dear country is embracing division and backwardness..

I didn't say culture isn't a good idea, but what exactly has it brought us in this country, rather than division and sentiments?

not until we begin to use state of residence in place of state of origin, forget it... We aren't going nowhere near development.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by cosmatika(m): 7:14am On Apr 02, 2018
Ogboni clubs u mean? undecided
Dat Obaseki is an Ogboni man grin
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Foodforthought: 7:14am On Apr 02, 2018
Good one...It improves heritage, strengthens diversity..

2 Likes

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by kevoh(m): 7:15am On Apr 02, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

jesus must be crazy shocked
Olukokosir:

Ao sir
Please ignore him... His intention is to derail the thread.

Meanwhile, kudos to the Edo state government and the Oba of Benin (Oba Ewuare II) for this initiative.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by martineverest(m): 7:15am On Apr 02, 2018
it's becoming a growing concern o... most Edo kids don't know how to la speak their language at all

live the way Benin chiefs are taking it serious

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by DrToche: 7:21am On Apr 02, 2018
Khayhigh01:
Nice one from Edo

I still remembered the day I joined Facebook,I added chris brown and he accepted,I was very happy untill he asked me for MTN recharge card shocked grin
grin
Khayhigh01:
Nice one from Edo

lol
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Qaisar1: 7:22am On Apr 02, 2018
Khayhigh01:
Nice one from Edo

Tonto dike never sell audition form for you?
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by AreaFada2: 7:25am On Apr 02, 2018
Great initiative.
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by badman007(m): 7:39am On Apr 02, 2018
Leonbonapart:
Backwardness

You need backwardness in your life more than you know.

You prefer to be told your God is white & devil is a Black. You’d never move forward.
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Marynwosu: 7:51am On Apr 02, 2018
edo people and juju... no problem
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by gaby(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2018
moyems:
*Edo govt revives cultural clubs in public schools*

Edo State Commissioner for Arts, Culture and Diaspora Affairs, Hon. Osaze Osemwegie-Ero, has said the state government has commenced the process of reviving cultural clubs in secondary schools across the state.

Hon. Osemwegie-Ero, who disclosed this during an interview with journalists in Benin City, said, “On February 26, cultural clubs were inaugurated in secondary schools in Edo South at an event held at the Imaguero College, where over 380 students represented 50 schools from Edo South Senatorial District.”

“The children who attended the event learnt a lot. Prominent Palace Chiefs spoke to the children on the essence of learning about cultures. Children from four schools, who wrote essays on the theme of the 2017 Edo Fest: Arts, Culture: "Our Wealth" were rewarded and got to seat at the high table as measures to encourage them,” Ero said.

Noting that similar events are being planned for secondary schools in Edo North and Central districts, Osemwegie-Ero said, “Similar event will hold in Edo North at St. John Modern College, Fugar, on April 20, 2018. On the same day, there will be another event in Edo Central at Uromi Town Hall. Traditional rulers, Commissioners for Education and Youths, notable Edo artistes and other stakeholders in the arts and culture sector, will be at these events to encourage the students and add colour to the event."

The commissioner said the Godwin Obaseki led-administration intends to inculcate cultural norms and values in children in secondary schools, noting, “This will be done in such a way that the children will grow up with our cultural norms and values.”

He noted, “It is unfortunate that many children can’t communicate in Edo languages and don’t understand cultural values. Children must be assisted to correct the trend.”

Osemwegie-Ero explained that the cultural club activities will be introduced in secondary schools, adding, “We also plan to organise cultural competitions for the students where they will be rewarded. We intend to approach the Benin Monarch, Oba Ewuare II, to support the initiative, as he continues to demonstrate passion to promote the learning of cultural values.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/03/31/edo-govt-revives-cultural-clubs-in-public-schools/

They should come endorse,commission and inculcate my up coming book in the curricular.

Excerpts of book on my signature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Alejob: 8:03am On Apr 02, 2018
Good idea.....

Us against the world!
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Sparkle777(f): 8:14am On Apr 02, 2018
gaby:

They should come endorse,commission and inculcate my up coming book in the curricular.

Excerpts of book on my signature.

Nice idea,Gaby. Why not send them an email or even go see the Chairman?
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by gaby(m): 8:16am On Apr 02, 2018
Sparkle777:

Nice idea,Gaby. Why not send them an email or even go see the Chairman?

Will do my best..

Good morning

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Diso60090(m): 8:57am On Apr 02, 2018
[quote author=kevoh post=66357095]

Please ignore him... His intention is to derail the thread.

Meanwhile, kudos to the Edo state government and the Oba of Benin (Oba Ewuare II) for this initiative.[/quote

Kudos?

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by TheKingIsHere: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2018
A good development.

Our culture must be preserved.

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by TheKingIsHere: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2018
PAGAN9JA:
wow! Here we have the REAL OBA doing his best to preserve culture, traditional religion , end the sufferings of prostitutes abroad etc.

From the Great Benin Empire..

and out there in Afonjaland we have the Great Emir Al mUminin of islam Sheikh lil wayne akanbi who is also doing his best to preserve the indigenous culture of the region.

Lol, you mean this guy? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by lesson44: 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2018
What made it backwards? You are so ignorant.
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 03, 2018
What in hell is your business in other people's religion ?

Is any Edo forcing you to join a religion you don't want to join ?
So please just shut the fook up.
It is just fascinating how you guys see everything through the lenses of the religion the white men dumped upon you !
They really enslaved you lots.
Just imagine this, you idiots trying to lack others respect just because they refuse to be enslaved like you ?
Fooook you, bastard ! And I mean bastard in the real sense, not as an insult.
Your ancestors didn't give a foook about the white men religion and they fought against feeding it to their children !

south-easterner and retardedness... no problem.
Marynwosu:
edo people and juju... no problem
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 03, 2018
"most", you guys need to learn how to sound reasonable. Try "some".
martineverest:
it's becoming a growing concern o... most Edo kids don't know how to la speak their language at all

live the way Benin chiefs are taking it serious
Re: Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools by freedomosjw: 7:13am On Apr 03, 2018
prolog2:
"most", you guys need to learn how to sound reasonable. Try "some".

That's just his opinion, you need to learn to respect it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

DONT OPEN IT: Another Unknown Horror Object Found In A Popular Tomato Goes Viral / 20 Wicked Women In History / Are Philippine Degrees Recognised In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.