Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo (636 Views)

5-Year-Old Adebayo Olamilekan 'Adigun Olowe' Bags Chieftaincy Title In Lagos / Buhari’s Son, Yusuf Bags Traditional Title In Daura / "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo by ewuzie7: 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2018
Oluwo of Iwoland in Osun state, Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi has declared his resolve to adopt the Emir title popularly known with Northern traditional rulers.
Speaking at the installation and turbarning ceremony of an Islamic scholar, Sheikh Yahquub Abdul-Baaqi Mohammed as first Waziri of Yoruba land on Saturday, Oba Akanbi said he decided to now bear “Emir of Iwoland” because he wants to emulate the attitudes of northern Emirs.

According to Oluwo, Northern traditional rulers are better behaved than his counterparts from the Southwest saying Yoruba Obas are full of bickering, acrimony and enmities.

He said Yoruba traditional rulers lacks cooperation and expected royal characters saying the Yoruba Obas have been polarized owing to enmities.

Oba Akanbi said until Yoruba Obas come together, shun enmities and backbiting, Hausas would continue to rule Nigeria.

“I have decided to officially adopt Emir title today because I want to emulate the attitudes of Northern Emirs. They don’t begrudge themselves like Yoruba Obas.

” It will surprise you to discover that for the past two years, there has not been meeting of Yoruba traditional rulers just because of enmities. There is nothing strange in adopting Emir title. I am the Emir of Yorubaland,” Oluwo said.
After this declaration by the monarch, indigenes and guests at the ceremony hailed Oba Akanbi.

Source: http://easternreporter.com/2018/03/31/i-have-adopted-emir-title-in-emulation-of-northern-emirs-attitudes-oluwo/

Re: I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo by NwaAmaikpe: 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
shocked

He is a disgrace to his people, subtly selling them off to the North.
This is exactly how Ilorin became part of the Northern Caliphate.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo by ajokebelle(f): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2018
When a rogue becomes a king, this is the result.

Will you neglect your family because of the discord among you and embrace someone else's family?
If an Oba can open his mouth to say this, then what do you expect his followers to do.

May God deliver the south west from the shackles of APC and miscreants parading themselves as Obas.

1 Like

Re: I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo by Nutase: 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2018
Inferiority complex is the problem here.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo by Sealeddeal(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2018
Long live Emir Of Iwo.
The Innoson G-Wagon is serving you well. Innoson motors is ready to supply you all the essential automobile necessary for the effective administration of your Emirate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo by papoudaupolos: 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2018
We
Re: I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo by 4kDdullard: 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
When I call them slaves to their Fulani masters they want to kill themselves but this is an example.

1 Like

Re: I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo by sekundosekundo: 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
Idiotic Cows of ewedu republic and inferiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo by Eziokwu1: 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2018
Yoruba Muslims are the problem with Yorubas.
Nobody should say or tell me otherwise.

I am just here imagining how progressive, forward thinking and trail blazing the Yorubas would have been if they were 100% christian, if they can achieve what they have right now with just 50%.

Check out the list of top 100 Yoruba intellectuals you will see that Yoruba muslims are gross underperformers.
Islam always a negative to development.

I just thank God for my own people.

Argue with your shadow.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo by Femolacaster(m): 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2018
Orisirisi
Re: I Have Adopted Emir’s Title In Emulation Of Northern Emirs Attitudes-oluwo by JikanBaura(m): 10:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
Any Muslim king is and can be emir grin their is not.

All Northern emirs are Muslims hence they are so united , also the least hausa we do is mock our past history grin that's for fun ... Christians oba will never have peace with you... Emir you made a good moves.

Anyway, we hardly call our Sarakuna emirs cheesy You can still chose to calls him oba, is not like he ban the name grin

(1) (Reply)

delete / Eze Chima: A New Tale Of Aro Heroism / Ooni Of Ile Ife At World IFA Festival 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.