Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat (107893 Views)

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Selling Fast Like Pure Water / New Classified Website In Town Where Items Sells Fast Like Fire. / How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by mikotek(m): 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2018
I am using infinix hot note. I can't find those options in my phone. How can I get it done?

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Benwems(m): 3:58pm On Apr 08, 2018
Elxandre:

Whats my own with fanboyism.
I've used Glo, Airtel and MTN in the past 2 years.

How can you be the best network when you have poor coverage?

It's just like NTEL claiming to be the best when they arent still outside maybe 5 cities.

I accept that Etisalat is fast, but MTN is present in even rural to less urban areas and still bloody fast.
I download at 2 megabytes per second man.
I know Mtn have wider coverage. but the best is Etisalat. We are talking quality not quantity. And keep in mind glo also have a very wide coverage. Also, kindly screen shot your 2MB per second download speed of your Mtn. thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by iheanyi4u(m): 3:59pm On Apr 08, 2018
Slight improvement

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by duwdu: 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
Xionez:

The option seems to have been added from Android 6.0 upwards.
I stand corrected.

This is a very good catch, I should think...only my device on 6.0 supports the options listed by the OP; those running 5.1 and under, don't. But further testing continues. Thanks for posting.

In the meantime, many thanks to the OP/thread owner for the original post.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by legacyint: 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
Mine got slower
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by legacyint: 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
because you left the profile name empty.
My profile name is currently on glo direct, Ap name:glosecure.when I change it to this new one I experienced slower speeds.does this means glosecure is much stronger than gloflat?
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by tetula123(m): 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
whiteprince:
what model of infinix are u using?infinix what?
note 2
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by kingdvd(m): 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2018
Kelvinkipler:
PrinceofNigeria... I must specially thank you. Nigeria needs more smart peeps like you. I have called glo severally after splashing cash to get a 4g enabled phone. Only for them to tell me their 4g lte operating frequency is different from what my phone allows. Now, this has been a huge problem cos I started saving for a new phone. This solution just solved that problem and you have saved me another unnecessary expenditure. In short, send me your account details make I pay you small thing for this solution provided. I really appreciate it... Thanks once again.

what type of phone do you use sir?
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Please this trick is after years of studying glo network. Kuddos it's now solved you can browse or download with speed of light.
Please remember to thank me and drop review after testing.

Steps :
*Click your glo access point settings .
*Click default Glo flat.
*Then edit your bearer settings the default is unspecified, just unclick it.
*then tick the following shown On image below.

That's all and watch the speed of light on your 3g browsing

Note:only tick LTE if your phone is 4g enabled, if not just tick the first 4 option after the LTE.

bro if i may ask, is glo data plan still cheap as it used to be? I once heard they slashed it
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Gazzy88(m): 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
simple, create another APN.

Just input name: glong
APN: gloflat

Bearer: untick unspecified and LTE.
Then thick the other 4 options after LTE that's all

You must click save before you exit the APN settings so you can have new APN settings.
the problem is that my phone can only tick one option
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by coolcars3: 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
Its running like fire. Tanx guy
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Rikidony(m): 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
@Op thanks for the info, right now I am in a viewing centre, will try input my glo sim when I get home.

but now my have check my APN with my Airtel,

and I got just three options.
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by msboye: 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2018
Pls have tried it and still not working ...attached is what have tried and the display

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by msboye: 6:16pm On Apr 08, 2018
Pls this is what is displaying not working yet

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by lordkenny(m): 6:29pm On Apr 08, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
this is what I studied in Malay

Bro Pls can this be applied to other networks too?
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2018
Princeofnigeria you just made my week, since I did this, I completely forgot I use glo. The internet is so fast bro, thank you so much man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by nelszx: 6:38pm On Apr 08, 2018
msboye:
Pls this is what is displaying not working yet
Set the name, apn, username and password as stated on page 0
From the attached picture, they are not set
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by agabusta: 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
legacyint:

My profile name is currently on glo direct, Ap name:glosecure.when I change it to this new one I experienced slower speeds.does this means glosecure is much stronger than gloflat?

Glosecure is supposed to be based on pay as you go, why gloflat is supposed to be based on subscription.

Are you sure your credit is not getting depleted when you browse on glosecure.
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by phemmyfour: 6:52pm On Apr 08, 2018
pat077:
can u help with the settings for airtel
APN: internet.ng.zain.com
Username: internet
Password: internet
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Chinagurum1995(m): 7:02pm On Apr 08, 2018
Thanks bro for that one oo and I know Glo is the best grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Evangkatsoulis: 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2018
olanshi:
The fastest internet connection at the moment

Na wifi be dat na.
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
grossintel:
Princeofnigeria you just made my week, since I did this, I completely forgot I use glo. The internet is so fast bro, thank you so much man.

bro if i may ask, is glo data plan still cheap as it used to be? I once heard they slashed it. Please what are their data plans?
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by rayblings(m): 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Please this trick is after years of studying glo network. Kuddos it's now solved you can browse or download with speed of light.
Please remember to thank me and drop review after testing.

Steps :
*Click your glo access point settings .
*Click default Glo flat.
*Then edit your bearer settings the default is unspecified, just unclick it.
*then tick the following shown On image below.

That's all and watch the speed of light on your 3g browsing

Note:only tick LTE if your phone is 4g enabled, if not just tick the first 4 option after the LTE.

My fone has just LTE, unspecified and eHRPD and I can only select one pls what can I do
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by coretechng1(m): 7:46pm On Apr 08, 2018
Working. Thanks.
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by iomoge2(f): 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
my Friend there is, I just googled your phone model now.

Just look for someone that can do it for you and show the person my simple steps

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
grossintel:
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
Genius

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by sirmike007: 9:36pm On Apr 08, 2018
My phone is showing me LTE and eHRPD, my sim is not 4g enabled so which should I choose?.. Thanks
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by dafeben(m): 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2018
Very fast bro kudos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by JerryLegend(m): 11:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
Wow cool. I think this method just made a difference.
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
ivumar:

bro if i may ask, is glo data plan still cheap as it used to be? I once heard they slashed it. Please what are their data plans?
Yes they slashed it but it's still the cheapest.

http://www.gloworld.com/ng/personal/data/data-plans/
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Nobody: 3:09am On Apr 09, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
you welcome bro

On my samsung s6 edge, once i unclick 'unspecified' and click 'LTE' and the other four, my whole internet network icon (at d top of the phone) just goes off and i cant access the internet at all.
Seems i can only browse when its on 'unspecified'.

Is there a reason for this? Everything else is normal and my apn is gloflat.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tecno D5 full Specifications and review / The Best Tecno Android Phones In Nigeria (october 2013) / A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.