Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Hello House..i Need Analysis. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Hello House..i Need Analysis. (378 Views)

See The House I Built For My Age Parents. / Hello House Please Check If This Is Good. / ENGR IN THE HOUSE I NEED REASONABLE QUOTATION FOR MY ESTATE GATE HOUSE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello House..i Need Analysis. by redcross: 9:57am On Apr 01, 2018
Wil $30,000 be enough to build 3 units of 2 bedrooms fllats.in a 100 by 100?

Thanks.
Re: Hello House..i Need Analysis. by desse: 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
Contact me +2348033506527,+234807371148 watsap or call ,,,D first thing is to hav a design dat can work out ur budget of $30,000,,signed desse
Re: Hello House..i Need Analysis. by desse: 1:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
Contact me +2348033506527,+234807371148 watsap or call ,,,D first thing is to hav a design dat can work out ur budget of $30,000,,signed desse -osagie
Re: Hello House..i Need Analysis. by adebaxton(m): 11:56pm On Apr 03, 2018
Re: Hello House..i Need Analysis. by Nyceguy92: 4:11am On Apr 04, 2018
I can understand the importance of the information you seek to you.
I am not a an architect or a builder, but I have relatives who are, plus I have been around building sites enough to know a few things about building a house.

Thirty thousand dollars($30,000) currently is over ten million naira or roughly three million naira per flat.

Assuming your land is not one of those that need several trips of sand/soil to fill, here are factors you need to consider:

Are you going to be present to monitor purchases or do you intend to contract it out to some high caliber site engineer, foreman, etc?
Your money will be better spent if you get your building plan and put your eye on what's going on in terms of prices and quantity/quality of materials purchased. For every locality, there is a going daily rate for brick layers, diggers, labourers, etc.

Between foundation laying, block work, lintel, roofing, and fittings/finishing, block work is a breeze; it is in the roofing and fittings/finishing that the money is. Are you going to use polystyrene parapet or regular facia; stone-coated or long span aluminum roofing sheets? Each choice has its own price.

You will need iron rods(10mm) for concrete pillars from foundation, the number and positions of which your building plan will indicate. This may be in the region of 15 or so pillars per flat. This translates to about 2 lengths ( a length of rod is about 38ft long) per pillar or 30 lengths per flat. You may need same number for lintel, either chained round or restricted to doors and window areas only.

Depending on the size of the rooms, a 2-bedroom flat may need about 3,200 blocks. Multiply this by about 100 naira per 6-inch block, if you are buying. Compute for 3 flats. There may not be much difference between buying and making your blocks, but you are sure of the solidness of your blocks if you make them. Buy if you are in a hurry.

Items you may need/asked to provide include:

Wooden pegs for foundation laying
Nails
Shovels/head pans/wheel barrows
Water/water storage tanks
Sand
Stone
Wooden planks for lintel and casting of concrete pillars
Bamboo supports for the lintel
Iron rods/quarter rods/binding wires

In a nutshell, $30000 should take you very far if well managed and especially if you already have acquired land.
You really need to research the current prices of building materials and building in general to appreciate what is involved.
Best thing is to start and see how far you can go in the first place.

My opinion. Others may have contrary views.

(1) (Reply)

Build Your House ,pay Initial Deposit And Spread The Payment @flourish Estate / East Amber Estate Abijoh,ajah-lekki On Instalment / Nigerians Seen Seriously Trying To Use Sachet Water To Quench A House Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.