Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

How To Delete Gmail Account Permanently - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Delete Gmail Account Permanently (431 Views)

Help! Gurus In The House, How Can I Recover My Gmail Account? / How To Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently / Help! My Gmail Account Disappeared. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Delete Gmail Account Permanently by muideensamuel92(m): 10:02am On Apr 01, 2018
Google now lets you delete Gmail account and all the messages in it ( but still keep your YouTube, Google, drive etc. accounts )

Why Delete Gmail Account?
For one reason or the other, you might decide to shut down you’re your Gmail account, well I don’t need to know why or what makes you think you should shut down your account I just need to show you how to do it.

Delete Gmail account and delete the associated Gmail address with this easy steps

Go to google account settings
Click on delete your account or services under account preferences
Click delete product
Note- you can also delete google account and data to completely remove your google account ( including docs, AdWords and AdSense, search history as well as other Google services )

Choose the Gmail account you would like to delete
Enter the password to the account
Click next
Now click on the trashcan next to Gmail
Important- You can also follow the download data link for a chance to download your Gmail messages through google takeout

Tips- you can also do a backup of your email to another account if possible to a new a new google address

Enter another email address different from the address associated with the Gmail you are about to close, enter an email address in how you will sign in to google dialog box
Note- Gmail may have entered the secondary address you used when opening the Gmail account, the alternative email you entered now becomes your new google account username

Important- Make sure to enter a valid email address that is active which you can access, you will need it to complete deleting your account.

Now click on send verification code.
Open the email sent from Google (no-reply@accounts.google.com) with the subject Gmail deletion confirmation or ‘’security alert for your linked google account’’
Click on the deletion link in the message to continue.
If requested, log in the Gmail account you’re deleting.
Below confirm Gmail deletion, select Yes, I want to delete example@gmail.com permanently from my Gmail account.
Click delete Gmail. Note- this action cannot be reversed, once you click this your account and all the messages in it will be deleted.
Click on done.
WHAT HAPPEN TO YOUR EMAILS IN THE DELETED ACCOUNT?

All messages will be deleted permanently, you will no longer have access to them in Gmail if you downloaded a copy of your messages using google take out or other email programs you can use the messages

Note- if you are the type that uses IMAP to access Gmail in your email program, you can only access messages copied to the local folder, other emails on the server and folders will be deleted.

WHAT HAPPENS TO EMAILS SENT TO YOUR DELETED GMAIL ADDRESS?

People who message you through your old Gmail address will get back a delivery failure message.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy @ Osten Laboratory / Any Blogger Using The Blogger Magma Template! Get In / 10 Best Sources To Get High PR Dofollow Backlinks For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.