Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

100 Suvs & 400 Tricycles Empowerment; Open Letter To Governor Dave Umahi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Suvs & 400 Tricycles Empowerment; Open Letter To Governor Dave Umahi. (693 Views)

Governor Dave Umahi Is Real Mr Projects, Check Out His Recent Projects (Photos) / Governor Dave Umahi Pictured In His Farm / Governor Dave Umahi Splashes N500m On Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Suvs & 400 Tricycles Empowerment; Open Letter To Governor Dave Umahi. by popsy2(m): 11:27am On Apr 01, 2018
His Excellency
Mr. Dave Nweze Umahi
The Executive Governor of Ebonyi State
Ebonyi State Government House
Abakaliki
Ebonyi State.

Your Excellency,

MY CONSTERNATION TOWARDS THE IMPLAUSIBLE EVENTS OF 29/3/2018.

I would have set out by wishing you a happy Easter in advance but for the need to make this open letter as brief as PMB's achievements in 3 years. Therefore, i will go straight to the point.

Before i go any further, i wish to apologize for making this letter public, it was necessitated by the need to ensure that this letter don't get commandeered by one of your many ADCs. I also reiterate that you are still by far, unarguably the best performing governor in the South-East geopolitical zone and arguable the best Nationwide.

Your Excellency, now to the business of this letter. I cringed and winced when the tidings at Ngele-Oruta came to me, where you rolled out different packages for the good people of Ebonyi State. My sources informed me and i verily believed them that the state government made the following expenses;

1. #8,000,000*100= #800,000,000 on SUV for the traditional rulers.
2. #400,000*400= #160,000,000 on Keke for the youths.
3. #300,000*40,000= #12,000,0000,000 on Agriculture.

With all due respect your excellency, i condemn in the strongest of terms such ill advised wastage of resources in guise of empowerment. I understand that your intentions were good but you missed the mark by a long shot sir. A quick glance at the data supplied above shows that you spent a whopping Eight hundred million naira on just a hundred traditional rulers, who are of little or no economic value to the state, whereas you appropriated a paltry One hundred and sixty million for the benefit of four hundred youths. Your excellency sir, i would want to believe that the Youths of Ebonyi State are still the priority of this government.

400 tricycles in the small city of Abakaliki would effectively ensure that the state is over served, leading to a major crisis in the transportation business. I also frown at the idea of turning Ebonyi state youths, most of whom have graduate and post graduate degrees into keke operators.

I would have suggested that instead of 400 tricycles for the able bodied youths and 100 SUVs(for the unproductive/spent elders ), the combined sum could have been channelled towards the purchase of say 150 tractors to boost agriculture in the state. Set up farm settlements across the development centres in the state and put these tractors in their care.

I also know that the #300,000 for 40 thousand farmers was grossly exaggerated. The few that actually benefitted will never channel that money towards the purpose it was meant for, this you can take to the bank. In any case, it is just money down the drain.

The youths are the future of Ebonyi State, turning them to Keke operators is a grave disservice and betrays the trust invested by the youths in your government, which hitherto, had prided itself as a youth oriented government. Ebonyi state is still struggling to remove the odium attached to it as the "gala and lacasera" hawkers nationwide. Don't add to our woes by ensuring that we also become the "official National keke operators".

This ill conceived gesture further brings to light Mr. Bill Gate's observation few days ago where he point blank, told the clueless APC led federal government inter alia that "The Nigerian government’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan identifies investing in the people as one of three strategic objectives. But the execution priorities don’t fully reflect people’s needs, prioritising physical capital over human capital. . . "

While it may be easier to be polite in this letter, it’s more important to face facts so that we can all make progress in the Ebonyi project. Therefore, i urge you to discountenance the seemingly harsh tenor of this letter and pay heed to the wise counsel contained herein.

Your Excellency sir, thank you for finding time to consider the message contained in this letter.

Yours respectfully

Enyinnaya Ani Esq.
31/3/2018

Re: 100 Suvs & 400 Tricycles Empowerment; Open Letter To Governor Dave Umahi. by LibertyRep: 11:36am On Apr 01, 2018
Most of our elected leaders are often wasteful and bereft of quality ideas.

What’s with this shameful trend of empowering the youths with tricyles and motorcycles? Why not quality skill acquisition or loan for SMEs.as being done in Lagos?

The SUV for the traditional rulers is either a 'thank you' for a job well done or to wet the ground for anticipated favour in 2019.

Is there any economic value these traditional rulers bring to the table that warrants spending so hugely to maintain them?

The 40000 'farmers' may not be too exergerared though but the beneficiaries are going to be populated by party faithfuls who may not even have a plot of farmland anywhere.

If the State's House of Assembly members are not docile and bought like in most other states , questions should be asked
Re: 100 Suvs & 400 Tricycles Empowerment; Open Letter To Governor Dave Umahi. by bishopkay: 11:41am On Apr 01, 2018
Very apt! Keke riding isn't the best way to empower our youths. When everyone has a keke, who would be the passenger?

Invest in people and favourable policies that would make them thrive... Show and train them how to fish and not giving them fish!
Re: 100 Suvs & 400 Tricycles Empowerment; Open Letter To Governor Dave Umahi. by mikolo80: 11:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
bishopkay:
Very apt! Keke riding isn't the best way to empower our youths. When everyone has a keke, who would be the passenger?
SO THERE ARE ONLY 400 YOUTH IN ABA

Invest in people and favourable policies that would make them thrive...
HAHAHAHA YOU THINK HE CARES ABOUT YOU
NO ,HE CARES ABOUT RE ELECTION

Show and train them how to fish and not giving them fish!
WHEN YOU BECOME GOV,TEACH THEM TO FISH

1 Like

Re: 100 Suvs & 400 Tricycles Empowerment; Open Letter To Governor Dave Umahi. by mikolo80: 12:01am On Apr 02, 2018
popsy2:
His Excellency
Mr. Dave Nweze Umahi
The Executive Governor of Ebonyi State
Ebonyi State Government House
Abakaliki
Ebonyi State.

Your Excellency,

MY CONSTERNATION TOWARDS THE IMPLAUSIBLE EVENTS OF 29/3/2018.

I would have set out by wishing you a happy Easter in advance but for the need to make this open letter as brief as PMB's achievements in 3 years. Therefore, i will go straight to the point.

Before i go any further, i wish to apologize for making this letter public, it was necessitated by the need to ensure that this letter don't get commandeered by one of your many ADCs. I also reiterate that you are still by far, unarguably the best performing governor in the South-East geopolitical zone and arguable the best Nationwide.

Your Excellency, now to the business of this letter. I cringed and winced when the tidings at Ngele-Oruta came to me, where you rolled out different packages for the good people of Ebonyi State. My sources informed me and i verily believed them that the state government made the following expenses;

1. #8,000,000*100= #800,000,000 on SUV for the traditional rulers.
2. #400,000*400= #160,000,000 on Keke for the youths.
3. #300,000*40,000= #12,000,0000,000 on Agriculture.

With all due respect your excellency, i condemn in the strongest of terms such ill advised wastage of resources in guise of empowerment. I understand that your intentions were good but you missed the mark by a long shot sir. A quick glance at the data supplied above shows that you spent a whopping Eight hundred million naira on just a hundred traditional rulers, who are of little or no economic value to the state, whereas you appropriated a paltry One hundred and sixty million for the benefit of four hundred youths. Your excellency sir, i would want to believe that the Youths of Ebonyi State are still the priority of this government.

400 tricycles in the small city of Abakaliki would effectively ensure that the state is over served, leading to a major crisis in the transportation business. I also frown at the idea of turning Ebonyi state youths, most of whom have graduate and post graduate degrees into keke operators.

I would have suggested that instead of 400 tricycles for the able bodied youths and 100 SUVs(for the unproductive/spent elders ), the combined sum could have been channelled towards the purchase of say 150 tractors to boost agriculture in the state. Set up farm settlements across the development centres in the state and put these tractors in their care.
BECOME GOVERNOR THEN SHARE THE MONEY HOW YOU LIKE

I also know that the #300,000 for 40 thousand farmers was grossly exaggerated. The few that actually benefitted will never channel that money towards the purpose it was meant for, this you can take to the bank. In any case, it is just money down the drain.

The youths are the future of Ebonyi State, turning them to Keke operators is a grave disservice and betrays the trust invested by the youths in your government, which hitherto, had prided itself as a youth oriented government. Ebonyi state is still struggling to remove the odium attached to it as the "gala and lacasera" hawkers nationwide. Don't add to our woes by ensuring that we also become the "official National keke operators".

This ill conceived gesture further brings to light Mr. Bill Gate's observation few days ago where he point blank, told the clueless APC led federal government inter alia that "The Nigerian government’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan identifies investing in the people as one of three strategic objectives. But the execution priorities don’t fully reflect people’s needs, prioritising physical capital over human capital. . . "

While it may be easier to be polite in this letter, it’s more important to face facts so that we can all make progress in the Ebonyi project. Therefore, i urge you to discountenance the seemingly harsh tenor of this letter and pay heed to the wise counsel contained herein.

Your Excellency sir, thank you for finding time to consider the message contained in this letter.

Yours respectfully

Enyinnaya Ani Esq.
31/3/2018

(1) (Reply)

Even Slay Queens Have Joined The "I Am Not Lazy" Harsh Tag / BREAKING: Trump Hails Buhari For Fighting ‘massive Corruption’, Terrorism / Chris Ngige Almost Beaten In APC Ward Congress In Anambra. See Fight Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.