Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Easter Questions From Sunday School Today. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Easter Questions From Sunday School Today. (422 Views)

I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. / Rccg Sunday School 10 September, 2017 / Rccg Sunday School Student's Manual(03/09/2017) Praise God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter Questions From Sunday School Today. by helpee(m): 11:28am On Apr 01, 2018
….

1 Like

Re: Easter Questions From Sunday School Today. by sonmvayina(m): 2:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
The truth of the matter is that the Jesus story is a Roman invention to mock the God of the old testament i.e the God of the jews. According to the jews, their God was sovereign over all his creatures, the devil was not an exception. God was responsible for light and darkness, good and evil, creating and destroying...the devil was never a dual opposite of God, he only acts with the expressed permission of God, as told in the story of Job which incidentally is the only place where the devil occurs in the entire old testament.

Christianity is the product of the council of nicea which Constantine ordered for his empire. The council gave the devil power and made him evil and outside the control and will of God. Which is an insult to me, as it made God too weak to control his own creature just as the prophet Daniel has fore told in Daniel 7:25..

The gospel stories comes from ancient tales about marduk..
Re: Easter Questions From Sunday School Today. by sonmvayina(m): 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
Forgiveness was possible in the old testament, as all you have to do was confess and forsake your sin and God would remember them no mote...
As isaiah puts it : come let us reason together, though your heart be as black as coal I can make them as white as snow.

All you have to do was repent and forsake and God will forgive and abolish.

Moreover, God hates human sacrifice..he was angry with the jews when they where sacrificing their children to moloch...he abhors human sacrifice.....
Re: Easter Questions From Sunday School Today. by helpee(m): 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
sonmvayina:
Forgiveness was possible in the old testament, as all you have to do was confess and forsake your sin and God would remember them no mote...
As isaiah puts it : come let us reason together, though your heart be as black as coal I can make them as white as snow.

All you have to do was repent and forsake and God will forgive and abolish.

Moreover, God hates human sacrifice..he was angry with the jews when they where sacrificing their children to moloch...he abhors human sacrifice.....
Abraham wanted to sacrifice his first son, God provided a lamb, an animal as alternative. Why would same God allow his son to be killed as a sacrifice? And the sacrifice changed nothing. If i still sin, i still go to hell anyway. Meanwhile, why was God not categorical about sacrificing jesus instead of making it appear he broke the law of the land and was sentenced to death according to roman tradition in those days. I dont believe he committed a crime though but God could have sacrificed him without looking like he was punished. Jephthah sacrificed his daughter willingly. Abraham wanted to sacrifice isaac willingly. But jesus sacrifce only came after the fact.....he was actually sentenced to death not like he opted to be sacrificed himself. I believe in jesus as a messenger from God. But the narrative after his death is not adding up. MOST OF THE DISCIPLES TOO WERE SENTENCED TO DEATH AND KILLED LIKE JESUS. WHY WAS THEIR DEATH NOT RECORDED AS ATONING FOR OUR SINS TOO?

(1) (Reply)

Man Reportedly Resurrected By Winners Pastor / Pictures Must Nigerians Christians Youth Can Relate To On Sunday / Grace! The Only Antidote Against Eating The Bread Of Sorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.