Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says (918 Views)

'I Belong To Every Race' - Oluwo Of Iwo Says As He Rocks Traditional Igbo Attire / “I Never Said I Am Changing From Oba To Emir” – Oluwo Of Iwoland / "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by 4reala(m): 5:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
Femi Makinde,

OsogboThe Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi, has denied adopting the title of an emir, contrary to media reports. Speaking through his media aide, Mr. Ali Ibrahim, in a statement issued on Sunday, the Oluwo explained that he had never dropped the title of an Oba for an emir. The monarch has been dressing like an emir and wearing turban occasionally and he again wore the turban on Saturday when he installed Yakub Abdul-Baqi Mohhamed the Waziri of Yoruba land in his palace in Iwo. He installed the Waziri, allegedly despite the warning given to him by the League of Imams and Alfas in South West, Edo and Delta states, that he had no such powers to confer an Islamic title, which cuts across the entire South West, on anybody. The statement read, “Oluwo has never adopted the Emir title; he onlysaid he could also be called an Emir by the Hausas and ardent Muslims.“Oba Akanbi is an Oba for the nation, with special attachment to the Yorubas. He promotes Yoruba culture to the admiration of many youths.“Just because of Oluwo dress code today, many children are attracted toYoruba culture of wearingaso ofi.“I said so (reference to being an emir) to integrate Nigeria nation as an indivisible entity. All working tools are available for the integration and unity of our dear country.“I’ve visited the North several times. Core Hausa hardly pronounce Yoruba words correctly. They call me emir when I am with them. Is there anything wrong in answering to such?“Even, the Hausa in Iwo here call meemir. Will I stop them from addressing me as such?“No, I am a father to the nation, being a first-class paramount ruler.”

http://punchng.com/i-havent-adopted-the-title-of-an-emir-oluwo-of-iwo-says/

Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by TheFreeOne: 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2018
This dude is a disgrace to the Royal stool, Yoruba culture and traditions...SMH

Yeye religious fanatic chop knuckle king.

2 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by tayebest(m): 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
I don't just trust this guy! sad No be today he dey bastardize our cultural heritage! angry

2 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by ODVanguard: 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2018
The mumu is scared of being deposed over his tomfoolery. I say the kingmakers should still depose his sorry a$$.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by hinohsend: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
Someone living in Iwo should do the Yorubas a favour and shoot this bastard in the head.

1 Like

Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by tayebest(m): 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
ODVanguard:
The mumu is scared of being deposed. I say the kingmakers should still depose his a$$.

Seconded, he own don dey too much abeg! angry

2 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by hinohsend: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by muykem: 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
Who is interested in this nonsense explanation. You can call yourself any name, is not your fault. Mindless king makers can collect money and put any fool on the throne.

2 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by madridguy(m): 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emir is better jare.
Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by psucc(m): 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
If he has changed his name to Islamic name, why is the title a big deal. If he has not done so now, the person that said it must have given a prophecy that will soon be fulfilled.
Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by seunmsg(m): 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
I guess this is damage control. He's scared by the level of attack and hatred he has attracted to himself on social media alone since yesterday. I kinda like the Oba but he should not overdo things. It is good that he's retracing his steps. The Oluwo throne is a sacred traditional institution that should not be denigrated with Fulani title.
Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by Preshy561(f): 6:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
lol..
Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by princechurchill(m): 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
Typical afonja either here or there

1 Like

Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by tim1256(m): 7:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
Fear grip the shame and disgrace to Yoruba nation called Oluwo

1 Like

Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by Bede2u(m): 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
madridguy:
Emir is better jare.
grin madridguy my niiiger...u people have decided to keep the yorubas as ur slaves.... grin grin make una pity them small na
Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
seunmsg:
I guess this is damage control. He's scared by the level of attack and hatred he has attracted to himself on social media alone since yesterday. I kinda like the Oba but he should not overdo things. It is good that he's retracing his steps. The Oluwo throne is a sacred traditional institution that should not be denigrated with Fulani title.

he already killed its sacridity by banishing the idol of the Orisa from the palace.

1 Like

Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
what a clown. jeeeez. angry
Re: I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
AFONJA, DOING WHAT THEY KNOW BEST?
SELLING THEIR OWN (AND THE ENTIRE NATION) FOR A PIECE OF BREAD

(1) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Know About The Fulani People (number 5 Will Shock You!) / The Yoruba Culture Did Not Come From Kemet ! / Egbe Omo Ede, Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.