Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

How To Pray Earnest Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Pray Earnest Prayers (512 Views)

21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent / Pastor Touching Men's Manhood To Pray For Them (Video) / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Pray Earnest Prayers by damilarelr(m): 9:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
The New Testament recorded two major prayers which Elijah prayed in the Old Testament.

'Elijah was a man subject to like passions as we are,...and

he PRAYED EARNESTLY that it might not rain: and it rained not.....and

he PRAYED AGAIN, and the heaven gave rain...'!!! (James 5:17&18 )

Wow!

Take note how the Bible defined the prayers of Elijah at the 2 different scenarios.

When Elijah wanted to stop rain from falling....the Bible said he PRAYED EARNESTLY!

But when he wanted to pray for rain to fall, the Bible said he PRAYED AGAIN (i.e. not earnestly)!

Now we have 2 kinds of prayers:

1. EARNEST PRAYER
2. SIMPLE PRAYER or ORDINARY PRAYER

Keep following..

Now let us visit the Old Testament to see 'how' Elijah actually prayed these 2 prayers: You ready?

When Elijah wanted to stop rain from falling, see what he said:

'...as the LORD God of Israel liveth, before WHOM I STAND, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but ACCORDING TO MY WORD'! (1Kings 17:1)

Hmm....

When Elijah wanted to "pray" for God's judgment....he was only DECLARING based on his STANDING before God!

He did not go to a mountain to pray this prayer!

He only declared it with full assurance that it must come to pass!

This is what the New Testament called...EARNEST PRAYER!

'...and he PRAYED EARNESTLY that it might not rain: and it rained not...' (James 5:17)

But when it was time to pray for God's blessing that rain should fall, Elijah 'forgot' his standing before God!

The Bible said:

'...Elijah went up to the top of (Mount) Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees,....' (1kings 18:42)

Aba!!!

In fact, he retained this posture while he asked his servant to go and check if there is a sign of rain SEVEN times!

Hmm....

Now listen carefully: The New testament did not term this second prayer as an EARNEST prayer!

Instead, it was simply termed 'prayer'!

'...and he PRAYED again, and the heaven gave rain...'!!! (James 5:18)

You see, under the Old Covenant, people had more faith in God's judgment than in God's blessing!

They make declarations to enact God's judgment but they believe they had to pray 'long' prayers to call for God's blessings!!!

Hear this: you are no longer under the Old Covenant practice! (Romans 6:14).

Start having more faith in God's blessings than in God's judgment!

It is NOT how LONG you pray....that guarantees answers to your prayer!

It is WHO you are praying to that guarantees answers to your prayer!

Elijah simply declared that ...'As the LORD God liveth...BEFORE WHOM I STAND...there shall be no rain'!

And God honoured his words!

Listen: You are the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST and you are also STANDING before God...through the finished work of Christ!

See this:

'...by faith into this Grace wherein we STAND...'! (Romans 5:2)

So when you pray, simply declare your STANDING before God via the blood of Jesus, and command that situation to change!

This is what heaven calls EARNEST PRAYER!!!

You don't need to go to a mountain before God will hear your prayer!

You don't need to take a punishing posture like Elijah before God can send you rain!

Or else heaven will record that as 'praying again' instead of 'Earnest prayer'!

Simply declare what you want based on your STANDING in the finished work!

Did you know that what you have today Elijah never had it then??

Elijah was standing in his own righteousness!

You are standing in Jesus' righteousness!

Elijah was a servant of God!

You are a SON of God! (John 1:12)

In conclusion: please note that John the baptist was 'Elijah' in the New Testament. (Matt 17:10-13)

But the Bible says something very important about the status of a believer in Jesus!

'Verily I say unto you, among them that are born of women, there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding HE THAT IS LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN (a believer) is GREATER THAN JOHN THE BAPTIST'! (Matt 11:11)

Wow!

You are GREATER than John the Baptist!!!

You are GREATER than Elijah!!!

Stop begging God to send blessings to you!

Rather, start declaring your STANDING before God....and place demands knowing you are the righteousness of God in Christ...and you are God's beloved!

This is what the New Testament refers to as EARNEST PRAYER!!!

It works like fire!

Hallelujah!

Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Pray Earnest Prayers by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
May God almighty bless you in thisawe inspiring word. Thank u for inspiring me. I pray to have this right standing with the almighty to make this bold declaration. Once again thank you for speaking directly to me
Re: How To Pray Earnest Prayers by damilarelr(m): 9:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
ejikemeuwa:
May God almighty bless you in thisawe inspiring word. Thank u for inspiring me. I pray to have this right standing with the almighty to make this bold declaration. Once again thank you for speaking directly to me

We thank God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Don't Ever Believe This If You Want To Go To Heaven / Scoan Building Collapse: Acp Says Aircraft Flew Over It Before Tumbling Down / Full Video Of Twin Sisters Healed Of Insanity At Dunamis Church (WATCH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.