Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities (2174 Views)

2022 Computer Science Students Admitted Into Nigeria Universities By Regions / What Do You Say when Yoruba a student get Quality Education in Anambra sta(photo / "I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by EdificationBoss: 5:09am On Apr 02, 2018
17-year-old Michael Brown from Houston applied to 20 of the best universities in the United States and he was admitted to every single one with a full ride and $260,000 in additional scholarship offers.

"It's something I'm proud of because I see my hard work paying off, determination paying off, sacrifices paying off," he said. Of those 20, he listed his top eight choices as: Harvard, Princeton, Northwestern, Yale, University of Pennsylvania, Stanford, Georgetown and Vanderbilt.

Currently a senior at Mirabeau B. Lamar High School, Michael has been heavily involved in his school's debate team, mock trial and student government for years. He has also volunteered for political campaigns, citing his interest to "the moment I saw Barack Obama get elected." He is set on majoring in political science, but is also considering a second degree in economics.

His proud mum, Rutledge-Brown lost three babies before becoming pregnant with Michael. Once she finally had a son, she poured all of her energy into giving him the very best that she possibly could. He only received one B during his entire academic career, which she said was very difficult for him.

http://newshelm.ng/17-year-old-student-get-admitted-into-all-20-best-us-universities/

cc lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by hannysur8(m): 5:39am On Apr 02, 2018
That only happens to Genius only
Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by abeeee(m): 6:23am On Apr 02, 2018
hannysur8:
That only happens to Genius only
that "only" happens to "genius" "only"......hmmm i wonder who this one happens to
Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by AirstarKane(f): 6:48am On Apr 02, 2018
Super! the ones here are already sex or drug addicts rooting for some peeps in bbnaija and we wonder why the taste is in the difference ;DSuper! the ones here are already sex or drug addicts rooting for some peeps in bbnaija and we wonder why the taste is in the difference .No one is talking about politics or the killings going on moreso the girl still left in captivity we busy making joke of everything calling it memes mtschewww
Good one! Really Good

5 Likes

Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by mu2sa2: 7:11am On Apr 02, 2018
He is specially gifted. Full stop! Some people are born with extraordinary talent, even if an ordinary person matches their hard work, determination and perseverance s/he will still not measure up to them.

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:00am On Apr 02, 2018
See pikin cool the boy has made his parents proud.The American system is good that you can be able to apply for that number of universities in my country it's the opposite only one federal,state university or polytechnic and colleges of education even at that you won't even be sure of an admission cry cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:02am On Apr 02, 2018
mu2sa2:
He is specially gifted. Full stop! Some people are born with extraordinary talent, even if an ordinary person matches their hard work, determination and perseverance s/he will still not measure up to them.
Really? undecided I didn't know that. grin

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by Jackossky(m): 8:29am On Apr 02, 2018
Jesuss!!! 260,000 dollars. 100s of Million Niyen

What concerns me with the admission?
See Moneyy
Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 02, 2018
Good for him. I wish that I was that intelligent . Congratulations love.
Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by skimmy005: 10:21am On Apr 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
See pikin cool the boy has made his parents proud.The American system is good that you can be able to apply for that number of universities in my country it's the opposite only one federal,state university or polytechnic and colleges of education even at that you won't even be sure of an admission cry cry
iffah hear, state university no go even consider you if you put dem for 2nd choice
Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by Iyajelili(f): 10:58am On Apr 02, 2018
Wow! I'm so happy for him and his family. Congratulations boy

2 Likes

Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
Jackossky:
Jesuss!!!
260,000 dollars.
100s of Million Niyen

What concerns me with the admission?

See Moneyy

Naija Pikin
Naija Mentality
Naija Syndrome

2 Likes

Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by Jackossky(m): 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
ADENIKETINA2015:

Naija Pikin Naija Mentality Naija Syndrome
Be forming Americana there
You saying 'Naija Mentality' bla bla bla, shows how neo-colonised you are. Be humble
Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 3:21pm On Apr 02, 2018
Jackossky:

Be forming Americana there

You saying 'Naija Mentality' bla bla bla, shows how neo-colonised you are.
Be humble
At least I'm trying to be like them in a positive way. Let's talk about you who's on about the cash instead of the ground breaking strides this thread is all about.

Just before you ask if I don't want money; ofcourse I do but not in this scenario and BTW my previous mention was just a joke of how we react due to the economic situation. It was not in anyway trying to throw a jab at you wink

Happy Easter!

2 Likes

Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by Jackossky(m): 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2018
ADENIKETINA2015:

At least I'm trying to be like them in a positive way. Let's talk about you who's on about the cash instead of the ground breaking strides this thread is all about.

Just before you ask if I don't want money; ofcourse I do but not in this scenario and BTW my previous mention was just a joke of how we react due to the economic situation. It was not in anyway trying to throw a jab at you wink

Happy Easter!

Baba, no vex.

But you saying the thread is about the 'ground breaking strides' is fallacious.

You might be inclined to the academical success, but the op might beg to differ.

If it's just about the achievement, the op wouldn't have added the pecuniary part.
Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 4:22pm On Apr 02, 2018
Jackossky:

Baba, no vex.

But you saying the thread is about the 'ground breaking strides' is fallacious.

You might be inclined to the academical success, but the op might beg to differ.

If it's just about the achievement, the op wouldn't have added the pecuniary part.

shocked
I'm a lady o smiley

Cheers!
Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by Jackossky(m): 4:26pm On Apr 02, 2018
ADENIKETINA2015:

shocked I'm a lady o smiley

Cheers!
Oops, my bad. Ma binu
You won, don't drag things with ladies. Happy Easter. Hope your day is going well?

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 4:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
Jackossky:

Oops, my bad.
Ma binu

You won, don't drag things with ladies.
Happy Easter.
Hope your day is going well?

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thanks so much. Nice knowing this monicker smiley
See you on another thread
Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by Jackossky(m): 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2018
ADENIKETINA2015:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thanks so much. Nice knowing this monicker

smiley

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 03, 2018
wow ......

a true embodiment of knowledge..........kudos to him ....

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old Student Get Admitted Into All 20 Best US Universities by LuckyKingDavid: 7:51am On Apr 03, 2018
"It's something I'm proud of because I see my hard work paying off, determination paying off, sacrifices paying off,". If you work hard at it enough, it's possible. You don't have to be a genius.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Silent People Achieve More / Sickle Cell Student Graduates As Best Student In Covenant University (Photo) / 18-year Old 100 Level OAU Student With 121 Certifications,Badges And Honors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.