Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,550 members, 7,850,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:23 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (70542 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Kgdavid(m): 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2010
i get your points and my post was not really completed wen i lost power . i want to point out that having duds is part of the game but with united its beginig to become a trend, every season for the past four years we have bought an unknown striker. so far all have flopped, y then do we continue to pursue this strategy?? you're wrong about Ozil btw, he is extremely fast, check him out on youtube. sure we have got in lots of excellent players but none of them was really under the radar. seriously our transfer policy in the last three years has produced precious little. even if Ozil flops we are guaranteed to get all our money back if we sell him off, so basically its a win win situation with him whereas with Bebe its so uncertain. instead of becoming perennial gamblers why not pick up a confirmed quality player who due to his age who will be easy to mold to suit the league in terms of physicality? thats wat we did with ronaldo, and yes i never thought fletcher would make it this big and ill be the first to say SAf is a great great coach but even he gets it wrong as well and i think our transfer policy of late is one of those ways he is getting it wrong, its just like what we did with Bebe, we waited till he cost 7 mil wen we could have had him for free, now we can get Ozil for 12 and we're waiting for someone else toget him and then start asking for 40 mil
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mojounited(m): 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2010
^^^ Ok, I understand what you're trying to imply and I agree that Bebe is more of a gamble but look at it from this perspective - Ozil would cost United 12M Pounds and considering that he's a world cup player that has been linked with United, Real, Barca and even pronounced Chelsea, his salary cap would be 80k and above, nothing less (maybe, plus image rights and all what not) shocked. However, Bebe has the potential which SAF says he could work with. He costs us 7.4M Pounds and would be on a salary cap of between 40 to 70k tops - remember Vidic just signed a contract extension that increased his pay from 70k to 90k/week as an established player hence, there no way Bebe's pay will be higher.

The point I'm trying to make is that we are paying less for Bebe than we would have paid Ozil and SAF said he's happy with the current squad - I trust his decision; maybe I'm being blinded but he's proven me wrong twice. If we sign Ozil, we may have to consider selling Anderson; Nani showed glimpses of brilliance last season, Ando can do same so he should be given some time as well when he recovers from injury - remember Diego Forlan? now he's a star.

Our young boys need time and more game to play together, gain more experience and their true forms may blossom. Just give the gaffer till January and you may end up eating your own words, I did.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Kgdavid(m): 7:15pm On Aug 14, 2010
fair enough, just dont think anderson will ever mature into that role and as for bebe i wish him all the best. if we need to cut our wage bill though id strongly suggest getting rid of gibson, hargreaves and owen asap.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by niralof: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2010
Where are all the Manchester United fans, Are you still wearing that old jersey?
You need to upgrade to the newest ones.

Show your love for your the Red Devils by getting yourself a personalised jersey(Your preferred names and numbers) for just N16,500 and delivery is in 7days.

Call 08063622030 to place orders.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=193560&id=563527412&l=4fd7933f9b
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by BinghiNya(m): 9:14pm On Aug 15, 2010
Nice One@Mojo,

gaffers make some gaffes and its normal. Vidic and Evra were shit when they first joined United now we can't play without them. Lets give dem guys some chance and we are gonna see how good they are.
Newcastle will be roasted tomorrow evening.

I see a 4-1 win. United for life.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 10:33am On Aug 16, 2010
Please tell me you didn't make this statement?
Who else did they build the team around? Lahm?
Ozil was the playmaker in the team (The number 10).
The German national team is not built around Ozil. Hes just an attacking midfielder that can play anywhere behind the strikers

UTD built the team around CR7, was he a playmaker? last season, we built the team around Rooney, was he a playmaker?

You can build your team around the most influential player in ur team, the player doesnt have to be a playmaker

Ozil is not the most influential in that team, the team is not built around him and there are other outstanding midfielders in the team
sami Khedira, Bastian and co are there!

i no know which kain football u dey analyse o grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 10:42am On Aug 16, 2010
what dumb analysis am i reading here?

a gaffer bought someone who was going for free for 7m and i can bet the dude isnt gonna do jack! and yet someone is asking whats the fuss about Ozil?

where is Diouf? where is welbeck?

oh Bebe is a winger? where is Tosic and the other youngster that we eventually didnt sign? isnt Obertan a winger? how many games has he played for UTD?

and now bebe is supposed to come and do what in UTD? do we need wingers?

Did Chamo say Ozil wouldnt add to the team?

what kinda statement is that? a Manager moulds a player to whatever pattern or style that he wants

The role Anderson plays for UTD, was that what he was playing in Gremio or Porto?

na wa for football analysts oh

ill take Ozil ahead of Bebe or baba or whatever hes called cos he would/should add some flair, creativity and some european touch to our mid.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2010
Omo, see as una blood dey boil over player wey una no get money to buy. . . . Thanks to the Glazers.
Wetin go happen when Newcastle come topple una today na??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2010
^^^^^^^
OPAKS decoder,please. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by marcus1234: 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2010
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by agabaI23(m): 1:17pm On Aug 16, 2010
OMO IBO:

Omo, see as una blood dey boil over player wey una no get money to buy. . . . Thanks to the Glazers.
Wetin go happen when Newcastle come topple una today na??
In your dreams! Not even in light years! Before they went crashing to championship, they lost 5-0 or 6-1 not sure again but all in that range to United. Nothing has changed.

I am not a united fan but then Newcastle can only kick like a fowl when the knife goes through the neck tonight.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2010
Eastbay:

^^^^^^^
lol
u be real Ife boi

e don tey wey i hear that line

opaks decoder grin grin grin

badguy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2010
Nor mind dat guy. . .
The guy dey yarn nonsense 75% of the time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mojounited(m): 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2010
@tkb, Eastbay, Kgdavid, and all Red Devils

Does anybody know the official line-up or can someone just predict what possible line-up SAF could deploy for tonight's game?

C'mon guys, let's see what y'all got and how you can coach United to victory tonight!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2010
@Mojo

VDS

Oshea Evans Vidic Evra

Valencia Scholes Carrick Nani

Rooney Hernandez/Berbatov
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mojounited(m): 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2010
^^^nice one @ tkb but i presume either Carrick or Scholes will be dropped for Fletcher. Just my two kobo
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2010
the teamlist above is what i feel SAF would deploy but for me

ill prefer Fletcher and Scholes in the mid

Brown instead of Oshea
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mojounited(m): 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2010
Ok, here's mine. It's kinda similar to yours just that Hernandez will be used as a sub, may be.

VDS

Oshea Evans Vidic Evra

Valencia Scholes Fletcher Nani

Berbatov Rooney

Subs:

Kusack, Smalling, Chicharito, Carrick, Giggs, Owen, Neville/Brown
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2010
we have too many strikers im beginning to worry for Macheda and how is Obertan gonna be involved this season?

i notice you dont have Park amongst the subs; how ?

my subs will be

Kitkat, Neville, Smalling, Park, Fletcher/Carrick, Hernandez, Giggs
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2010
@tkb,
I think having many strikers is good provided they can give something.
I would like to start with the side that beat Chelsea previous weekend.I don't see how Carrick will be dropped in favour of Fletcher,using the index of the Chelsea game.
Nani might start ahead of park,but I hope he can make a cameo on the right,where he's more deadly/effective.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mojounited(m): 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2010
@tkb,

Remember it's going to be a long league season with UCL, Carling and FA Cups to be in contention and the bigger boys will easily get tired when fatigue and injuries sets in (I'm not praying for this to happen, just being realistic). I believe Obertan, Macheda, Tom Cleverly and others will get playing time from Carling Cup and FA Cup games while the first team players will be rested or play on rotational basis - You know the norm, SAF's policy.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2010
^^^^^^
You're slowly becoming my favourite Red.
My only problem with the new additions is their unproven state.They have to deliver and it remains to be seen if they can be relied on,despite the talent/potential they possess.That's why I kind of share tkb's sentiments to an extent.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2010
Eastbay:

^^^^^^^

Sharappp there.

See eczema for your teeth, You swallow soak-away/Septic tank? cheesy cheesy cheesy angry angry angry

Manure is doomed this season make UEFA just pair us together for second round again. I dont want group stage where you can qualify as second.

Knockout and lemme show you for the umpteenth time who your DADDY is
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2010
Eastbay:

^^^^^^
You're slowly becoming my favourite Red.
My only problem with the new additions is their unproven state.They have to deliver and it remains to be seen if they can be relied on,despite the talent/potential they possess.That's why I kind of share tkb's sentiments to an extent.
Mojounited is always on point with his analysis

one wonders where he has been all the while

@Mojo
ure spot on with the rotation thing

I really wanna see Diouf. i think hes a good striker-better than Welbeck in my opinion
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2010
dayokanu:

Sharappp there.

See eczema for your teeth, You swallow soak-away/Septic tank? cheesy cheesy cheesy angry angry angry

Manure is doomed this season make UEFA just pair us together for second round again. I dont want group stage where you can qualify as second.

Knockout and lemme show you for the umpteenth time who your DADDY is
gerrout
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2010
Diouf is at Blackburn on loan i think.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2010
ehn ehn

meanwhile, when are we playing?

7pm or 9pm

>> just checked, i think its 8pm
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2010
tkb417:

The German national team is not built around Ozil. Hes just an attacking midfielder that can play anywhere behind the strikers

UTD built the team around CR7, was he a playmaker? last season, we built the team around Rooney, was he a playmaker?

You can build your team around the most influential player in your team, the player doesnt have to be a playmaker

Ozil is not the most influential in that team, the team is not built around him and there are other outstanding midfielders in the team
sami Khedira, Bastian and co are there!

i no know which kain football u dey analyse o grin grin

Tell me who the team is built around then?
I don't want to believe its you making these comments. shocked shocked shocked shocked

UTD built the team around CR7, was he a playmaker?

Bros TKB, wetin you chop today grin grin grin grin

Did Chamo say Ozil wouldnt add to the team?

Can you quote where I said that?
I said he wouldn't fit into our system.

Do I want Ozil? Yes
Is he a necessity? No!

Go and read my posts again please.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2010
LOL
I just see response to my earlier post.

Well, sebi match don start??

Anya n' ele . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 8:12pm On Aug 16, 2010
Chamo
im being categorical here

UTD was built around CR7 and afterwards Rooney

they aint playmakers

again, another categorical statement

The German national team isnt built around Ozil

if this is in doubt, ask dayokanu to help grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2010
^^^Why should I ask DayoKanu? . . . . Don't I watch football? grin grin
So you are basing your 'categorical' judgement on Dayokanu's decision.
The same DK that thinks Lahm is the best full back in the world grin grin grin

Is he in the German camp?
We all watch football . . . it's there for everyone to see.
I watched Ozil many times last season for Bremen . . . . good player but its not a necessity for us especially with the way we play.

You making it seem like without Ozil we cant win anything.
He wasn't there when we won 3 league titles consecutively. I wouldn't mind him but I'm not bothered if we don't get him. That's my point.

Let's see what happens tmrw when Bremen plays Sampdoria in the CL quailifiers . . . if he doesn't play then there might be a chance of him leaving.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2010
2-0!!!!

Chamotex

I watch football and i know Dayo watch footie so i know waht im saying

I think Real would buy him anytime from now

lets leave the Ozil palaver joh and lets enjoy this rout of Newcastle

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (100)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.