Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

What Is Wrong With You? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Wrong With You? (366 Views)

Stop Asking People 'How Was Your Night', It Is Wrong English / Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation / "Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With You? by engrzion(m): 11:57am On Apr 02, 2018
What is wrong with you?
'You talk to much, sit down and shut up zion....' Words from Mrs maimuna my primary school teacher after several series of flogging, scolding and most times humiliation and scorn from my class mates at medi nursery and primary school, ungwan Sunday, Kaduna state.

The endless reports from teachers to my parents about how me and group of others just can't keep shut in class. My mother will always yell at me 'zion what is wrong with you?'

I never quite understood the narrative because if I should be mute for a long while I would really feel sick. Talking came to me naturally as such when I engaged in it, I came alive.

It went on with me even as an engineering student in the petroleum training institute effurun most of my course mates would always be amazed at the eagerness to talk and ask 'zion what's wrong with you? Can't you be quiet for one second.

The problem: most students have been talked out of their natural gift and talent just because there is a way society wants us to behave so we can be seen as mature or responsible. Many have lost the child in them because adulthood have over taken them.

Your gift is the thing you do the absolute best with the least amount of effort. What if my teacher did mentor me on communication and how to talk meaningfully? What if she was trained not to just teach but recognize, help and nurture talents? Guess she wasn't. Guess even my mum was wrong on this one because fast forward to 2013 till date I am now using talking to impact the lives of people all over.

Eventually what was wrong with me has now become right with me. Stay strong, keep dreaming, keep believing don't let no one steal you dream.

Re: What Is Wrong With You? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
what then is wrong with me?

(1) (Reply)

. / Ondo State Governor Order Police To Shoot Protesting Student / Babcock Post-utme Form For 2018/2019 Academic Session Is Out - 08082557118

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.