Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,402 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Literary NGO, 'write Now' Creative Writing Tour Needs Sponsorship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Literary NGO, 'write Now' Creative Writing Tour Needs Sponsorship (270 Views)

Mmesoma Ejikeme Gets Scholarship Sponsorship To The UK From Bitcoin Chief / The LA Buena Vida Project(ngo) / Udenta O. Udenta: I Am Back From Literary Hibernation With 21 Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Literary NGO, 'write Now' Creative Writing Tour Needs Sponsorship by Badirukehinde(m): 6:15pm On May 29, 2018
The Nigerian literary scene spans across three wavering generations with the emergent 3rd and 4th generation writers who are doing everything possible to chart and re-map literature in Nigeria. And of course, we belong to that generation.

The NGO, 'Write Now' was formed in July 2017 and started as a social media platform where established and budding writers could meet to network and shared ides on the craft of writing, editing, publishing and the trends in writing. Its purpose was to awaken a new generation of contemporary Nigerian writers in all genres as well as improving the nation’s reading culture.
Truly, the initiative has stayed loyal to this founding vision having had several online writing workshops and a virtual magazine to that effect.

Along with this is reaching out to schools with the goal of spreading Literature and teaching Creative writing to secondary school’s students for free. Although, this project; Write Now is not inspired by personal need, but communal and national need, with the founder’s desire in spreading Literature and Writing to the young minds. In his words, “It is focused on creating a platform where young students would be trained on the art of writing as a skill and as a future career for those who decide to follow that path”.

I find joy in helping people become more, see more and do more. More than anything, writing and seeing budding writers become better writers have been one of my greatest passion. The Literary/writing project is also inspired by my love for Poetry and the gap in most communities having trained over 150 students by the end of March, 2018 which was ots first outreach.

I feel elated to have helped over 150 students to walk through the path of writing, not just for NOW but for the FUTURE. Truly, their lives are bigger than they can imagine. The published magazine contains the various visits and workshops in the selected schools and is available online. It also contains the works of art created by the students’ beneficiaries. They address varying themes and issues.

However, to further run with this vision, we have decided to spread across to most schools in Nigerian major cities: Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja, Port Harcourt, as well as other states with time. This would reqire finance on a large scale in order to purchase books, literary materials, teaching aids, publication and scholarships for promising writers among them. The students are in our hearts and of our greatest interest. With this, we will successfully promote Nigerian Literature which I believe forms a big part of World literature(s).

PS: Help 'WRITE NOW' suggest names of schools you know we can visit around you, secondary schools preferably in Osogbo, Ibadan, Lagos and Abeokuta.

For Sponsorship/Enquiries, visit www.facebook.com/writenowinitiative

Or Phone +234(0)8135359053

You too can volunteer to be part of this, join via this link https:///8ocJAHIHmtTDLNYjzt18uQ

Write Now!!!
Connect | Stay Creative | volunteer

(1) (Reply)

JAMB 2018 Direct Entry Closing Date Is 4th June / Sex-for-marks: UNILAG Panel Calls For Useful Information From Staff, Students / Predict The FIFA 2018 Matches And Win Amazing Prizes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.