Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo (39385 Views)

Obasanjo Advises Youths To Wrest Power From Older Generation / 2019: Agbakoba, Olawepo-hashim, Others Team Up To Wrest Power From Buhari / What Falae, Fayose Said About PDP Alliance With R-APC, Others Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by Okwyla: 5:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Monday tactically revealed how a national grassroots movement could galvanise the force that would wrest power from the All Progressives Congress (APC) and President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 if he elects to run.

Obasanjo who is the arrowhead behind the over three million member Coalition for Nigeria Movement (CNM), said the way to accomplish it is understand those currently in power, and by not “frightening” and “intimidating” them while working to also make them yield power “willingly.”

The two time Nigerian President on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), and who announced his quitting of partisan politics in the build up to 2015 general elections to become an elder Statesman, made this known while meeting two groups – Nigeria Young Professionals Forum(NYPF) and New Nigeria 2019 in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

The two groups, led by Moses Siasia and China Anyaso, had visited him at his Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), Abeokuta
in consultation on the state of the nation with assurance of their preparedness to respond to Obasanho’s clarion call for a popular movement to rescue Nigeria.

Describing the APC and PDP as leprous hands, Obasanjo said the two major political parties can’t take Nigeria and Nigerians to an enviable height.

He added that for the task of wresting power to succeed in 2019, “all hands must be on deck,” warning that failure to take necessary action would also mean a people willingly falling victims of what they don’t like.

He said when a country has an incompetent government in place, everybody is a victim, explaining that what obtains today in Nigeria with Buhari’s administration is “failure.”

According to the ex – President, a strong popular grassroots movement is badly needed in Nigeria democracy to bring about the change, sustainability, stability and development.

He suggested that a coalition all the movements in the country and poaching of the uninfected members of the leprous APC and PDP to join the mass coalitions, would bring about the needed change in leadership in 2019.

“The point is this: the way to wrest power is to know that those that are there, you have to carry them along so that they will willingly(yield space).. so that they will not be frightened, they will not be intimidated.

“But this time, for us to make it, we need all hands on deck. You see, I have publicly said and I mean it, that as a party, neither PDP nor APC can get us there as they have been.

” Never mind about reforms and apology and all that. And yet we have to get there. I asked one of the foundation members of PDP, the PDP when we started, was it a grassroots party? He said it was an elitist party.

“Really, we have never had the so-called grassroots party. Even NEPU which we could say is the nearest, was not grassroot enough.

“And I believe strongly that we must have a strong popular grassroots movement to bring about the change, sustainability and stability that we need in our democracy and development.

“I am happy to meet with you but don’t take anything for granted. There will be a lot of work that we have to do.

“What those I call power addicts would want to do is to divide you based on gender, age, tribe, religion and region. You have one commonality – interest of Nigeria.

“And it doesn’t matter where you come from. We had that interest. The truth is this: when you have an ineffective and incompetent government, we are all victims.

“And don’t let anybody deceive you. Those of you who are in business, your business could have been better today if we have a competent and effective and performing government.

“As I said, stop giving excuses; we met challenges. If there are no challenges, then we wouldn’t need you to come. You come in because you know there are challenges and then giving us excuse that you have many challenges, that is why you haven’t achieved results.

“And then you still want to go. The first lesson I learnt in my military training is never reinforce failure. What we have now is failure. Never you reinforce failure. Let failure be failure.

“And if you do not see what you should see, you will then be a victim of what you don’t like because it’s only when you see what you should see and you do what you should do that you put away what you do not like. And if you don’t see what you should see and you don’t do what you should do, you will be a victim of what you don’t like.

“But let us bring together all these movements because we are pursuing the same thing. If we allow ourselves to be take piecemeal, it is finished. Now if we are together… Yes, I said you cannot take PDP as it is and APC as it is; but they are not all made of evil people.

“There are good people. I said PDP is leprous hand, APC is leprous hand, but there are some clean fingers in them. So, let’s take those clean fingers in them and graft the clean fingers in our own.

“That is the way to go and if we go that way, we will get there, we will move together, and we will will move fast and we will move far,” Obasanjo said.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/thenationonlineng.net/buhari-obasanjo/amp/

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by northvietnam(m): 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
OBJ

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by chriskosherbal(m): 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
The heat is just starting ....

We are watching ( in patience voice )

29 Likes

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by Baawaa(m): 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2018
Describing the APC and PDP as leprous hands, Obasanjo said the two major political parties can’t take Nigeria and Nigerians to an enviable height.
Can you hear "BABA WERE",it is now that he knows that PDP and APC cannot take Nigeria to an enviable height.I will continue to say it, Obasanjo play major role in destroying this Nation.

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by Paperwhite(m): 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2018
Nigeria should say no to all these old recycled brigade of corrupt past military/civilian leaders and political parties(APC/PDP inclusive).
Nigeria should be restructured or let us disintegrate. angry

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by ebukahandsome(m): 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
Oga go sit down.you follow put us for this wahala.I lost my little respect for you,the day u publicly tore your PDP membership card because or an old cargo.
Was so childish

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by Homeboiy: 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2018
Another story
Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by JAMO4REAL1(m): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2018
This grandpa self u don come again u put yardua u put jona u tell them to but bubu who u won but again am tired of this baba

7 Likes

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by clevvermind(m): 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
Obasanjo is like a rat that eat and blows its victims. He should go and sit down cos he is one of the problem of this country.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by yarimo(m): 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2018
OBJ you better stop dreaming, this is BUHARI and not GEJ the dullard That you can manipulate easily

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by clitlicker: 6:12pm On Apr 02, 2018
obj layed the foundation of corruption in this democracy of ours.

the cabals put him in power he did their bidding.

the has been a continuation of systemic and structural inefficiency.

somebody that failed us for eight years is hear dishing advices, what a weird world

next year the only candidate i will vote for is Bill Gates.
since he is inelligible, im travelling out of this zoo by the grace of God to some where saner where human life is sacred, im leaving u all with your fate ( bubu fulani cattle herdman) - failed leaders, failed nation

16 Likes

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by 4kDdullard: 6:15pm On Apr 02, 2018
Baawaa:

Can you hear "BABA WERE",it is now that he knows that PDP and APC cannot take Nigeria to an enviable height.I will continue to say it, Obasanjo play major role in destroying this Nation Country.
I agree with you on this. Obasanjo, Jonathan and the illiterate buhari deserve a slow painful death for their roles in destroying this shithole.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by Okoroawusa: 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
OBJ is getting funnier by the day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by fiizznation: 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2018
Saint Obasanjo.. The only saint in Africa. I hail u idiot

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by icybeth(m): 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
Papa has spoken
Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by ayusco85(m): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2018
Mah buy land
Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by bjayx: 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
Political tips that buhari n APC don't know. All they v is lies n propaganda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by mejai(m): 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
obj... fuc.k you
buhari...fuc.k you
Jonathan... fuc.k you
Atiku... fuc.k you
Any old politician planning to contest.... fuc.k you
Any Nigerian voter planning to vote old politician... fuc.k you too.
in fact, Nigeria 2019 elections... fuc.k you all

21 Likes

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
Baawaa:

Can you hear "BABA WERE",it is now that he knows that PDP and APC cannot take Nigeria to an enviable height.I will continue to say it, Obasanjo play major role in destroying this Nation.
you're a patriot
he ruled under the umbrella of PDP became billionaire at the same time. He looted the country as well as his daughter. Efcc wanted to arrest his daughter he kept her in Abeokuta.
Baba werey spent $16b on electricity to no avail alot of descripancies can be traced to him. Am sure his supporters would defend him but before you do so tell me what he had before 1999.
He supported his alies who were governor then to loot as well

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by naijjaman(m): 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
shocked
Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by AtikuNetwork: 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
If this hypocrite and double-tongued man that calls himself Obasanjo is not ready to support Atiku and PDP to oust this Buhari government then he is just playing to the gallery as usual. He should shut his dirty mouth.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by omowolewa: 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
'stop giving excuses ',Correct!

The best thing OBJ can do to himself is achieve his mission else he just park well
Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by veacea: 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2018
Baba Soja
Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by abumeinben(m): 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
Everything is wrong !

I don't see any reason an 84 year old great grandfather man would be contesting to manage over 180 million culturally complex nation.

What is wrong with the youth? I laugh and weep, out of confusion, when I see young people chanting baba sai upandan. PDP/APC or political parties aren't what we need, but people with vision.

Osinbajo should go for deliverance/cleansing. He found himself in the wrong place, at the wrong time. I knew him to an extent. He's been stained.

4 Likes

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by naijjaman(m): 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
Okwyla:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/thenationonlineng.net/buhari-obasanjo/amp/

After all the 'Ghana Must Go' bags he shared to politicians for his third term bids.

The last thing Nigerians need is lectures from selfish thugs like Obasanjo undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
Corruption was officially legalised during Obasanjo's regime!

In a sane clime is someone like OBJ suppose to be giving advise or be cooling in jail

6 Likes

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by Paperwhite(m): 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
mejai:
obj... fuc.k you

buhari...fuc.k you

Jonathan... fuc.k you

Atiku... fuc.k you

Any old politician planning to contest.... fuc.k you

Any Nigerian voter planning to vote old politician... fuc.k you too.

in fact, Nigeria 2019 elections... fuc.k you all
grin grin cheesy.Nostalgic feelings of Tupac old days.

1 Like

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by wakeupafricanyo: 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
DANKWAMBO is the answer

3 Likes

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by HeyCorleone(m): 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2018
It's only a political illiterate that would think this Obasanjo's movement is Nigeria's solution. A movement filled with tired horses and same old thieves. No. We can't toe that line again.

We need fresh blood. Green folks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo by obi4eze(m): 9:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
One thing with Obasanjo is that if he is fighting you, he won't hide it.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dr. Onyeama Chased Away From Nigeria Embassy In Vienna, Austria By IPOB / N2.5b Found In Ex-female Minister’s Housemaid’s Account / Edo Governorship Election: Winners And Losers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.