Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

$500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal (14219 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala Used An Old Photo To Illustrate Social Distancing In Food Sharing / This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / $500m Abacha Loot Goes Missing; EFCC Launches Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by laffwitmi: 9:05am On Apr 03, 2018
It's cuz of this woman,Soludo and Sanusi i will not blame buhari for the current economic...
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by arsenal33: 9:06am On Apr 03, 2018
Rotjijatau:
The War against corruption is corrupt.
Because the corrupt are fighting the war on corruption

1 Like

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by engrjacuzzi: 9:07am On Apr 03, 2018
Shit no get nail but person wey match am no de Waka well.

Oya get up let's go and make more money(MM) o.

if fela were alive, corruption would have been limited. songs of his would have been a factor for reduced looting. we need a vocal man to challenge this government
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by sekundosekundo: 9:07am On Apr 03, 2018
seunmsg:
Great development. That woman must come back and give account of how she presided over the massive stealing of our common patrimony. I still don't understand how someone with her kind of exposure could release $250million out of the Abacha loot without the mandatory national assembly appropriation and without putting in place any mechanism to ensure accountability. When she was MD of world bank, would she have released money to any country without the approval of the banks board?

She obviously choose to be loyal to Jonathan ahead of her country. Politics over her integrity. 2011-2014 was Nigeria's best years in terms of revenue proceeds from crude oil sale. Sadly, everything was frittered away with nothing to show for it. Hopefully, justice will be served to Jonathan and Ngozi one day for what they did to this country.

I thought that Abacha did not steal cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Hungarriman: 9:09am On Apr 03, 2018
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Nigga44: 9:10am On Apr 03, 2018
They don come again with their usual propaganda grin
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by principalgee: 9:13am On Apr 03, 2018
Hmmmmm, Abacha money no dey finish for bank
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Akpa133(m): 9:15am On Apr 03, 2018
Obansojo is evil murderer that's why he is clamouring for coalition

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Lorenzop: 9:17am On Apr 03, 2018
slimghost:
Yeah, this will keep the stupid and dumb Nigerians busy for sometime now. Another meal for Zombies to feast on.
This has to be the most useless and directionless government in the history of Nigeria.

No blueprint whatsoever, only propaganda and wildgoose Chase.

God forbid we endure this for another 4 years.

yours is just one of the sensible comments on this thread, zombie Nigerians are already feasting on another propaganda from APC as election is near, they use this to deceive people into believing they are fighting corruption...wake up Nigerian youths, stop being deceived...God forbid we experience this for another 4 years, fighting corruption my foot...how many jobs did they create, all we hear is how much they recovered yet what they do with the recovered funds we do not know. shame on this govt

1 Like

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 03, 2018
seunmsg:

NOI was the finance minister in that period. If there are questions to be answered about how the revenues of the country was mismanaged, she should be the first person to be questioned. I really don't get why you think she should not be invited.

As the chief finance officer of the federal government, she should have advised the president on the illegality of withdrawing funds without the appropriate budgetary approval from the national assembly. The president doesn't have the powers to order the release of funds not appropriated by the national assembly. She knew very well that the money was going to be stolen and that was why she crafted her letter to mumu Jonathan in such a manner as to absolve herself. In saner climes, someone like her will never be allowed any where near a public office again. I really don't get why any objective person will be defending this woman.

You said total nonsense
It's clear you have never worked in management capacity in a.multinational before

She did the right things, her superior orederd the release of funds with reasons being purchase of arms and she was smart enough to ensure it was documented for future reference

Now you said she should have advised her superior, obviously she did and he was adamant hence she smartly made sure it was documented

Think please it's free

4 Likes

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by pennylland: 9:18am On Apr 03, 2018
seunmsg:
Great development. That woman must come back and give account of how she presided over the massive stealing of our common patrimony. I still don't understand how someone with her kind of exposure could release $250million out of the Abacha loot without the mandatory national assembly appropriation and without putting in place any mechanism to ensure accountability. When she was MD of world bank, would she have released money to any country without the approval of the banks board?

She obviously choose to be loyal to Jonathan ahead of her country. Politics over her integrity. 2011-2014 was Nigeria's best years in terms of revenue proceeds from crude oil sale. Sadly, everything was frittered away with nothing to show for it. Hopefully, justice will be served to Jonathan and Ngozi one day for what they did to this country.
DO YOU KNOW THAT THE SAME NGOZE YOU ACCUSED ALSO USE HER INFLUENCE FOR IMF TO FORFEIT DEBT WE OWN THEM.
MOREOVER BUHARI HIMSELF EVEVR SAID THAT ABACHA NEVER STOLE ANY MONEY NIGERIA'OR ARE THERE TALKING ABOUT HIS SALARY?
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by AngelicBeing: 9:21am On Apr 03, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Yea, while you are busy using your data for frivolous activities online, some of us have been keeping tabs with what goes on in this country. It's not late though, try do a Google search if you know what that means.

Or...you can continue with the bbnaija stuff you are used to.
grin

4 Likes

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by billyG(m): 9:27am On Apr 03, 2018
Abacha loot Relooted by PDP.
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:29am On Apr 03, 2018
rubbish... I taught the Daura President in aso rock said abacha did not loot anything, that it is conspiracy theory.. why is he after okonjo when abacha didn't steal from us .... what a useless old confuse tyrant

1 Like

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Modarun(m): 9:31am On Apr 03, 2018
seunmsg:

NOI was the finance minister in that period. If there are questions to be answered about how the revenues of the country was mismanaged, she should be the first person to be questioned. I really don't get why you think she should not be invited.

As the chief finance officer of the federal government, she should have advised the president on the illegality of withdrawing funds without the appropriate budgetary approval from the national assembly. The president doesn't have the powers to order the release of funds not appropriated by the national assembly. She knew very well that the money was going to be stolen and that was why she crafted her letter to mumu Jonathan in such a manner as to absolve herself. In saner climes, someone like her will never be allowed any where near a public office again. I really don't get why any objective person will be defending this woman.

You are indeed objective. As usual the APC zombies will run with this piece of propaganda once more. Funny they wont want the commisioner of Lagos under Fashola to explain how Lagos spent all the monies Fashola got from the Escrow account, how he spent on average 21billion IGR monthly, But these bunch would rather have NOI explain Dasuki spent the money meant for national security like there such is discussed with the ministry of finance.
You guys hypocrisy is sickening. This is another propaganda that will lead to nothing like the rest of them.
If they are serious they should also tell us what the APC states did with all the hundreds of billions they got as bail outs, how the $350 million Abacha loot recently released to the Buhari govt was scandered.

1 Like

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by joenor(m): 9:33am On Apr 03, 2018
Nor be small shit them run for this our country oo
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Chevronstaff: 9:33am On Apr 03, 2018
It was the right decision in 2015 to oust former President Goodluck
Jonathan and his corrupt administration.. It will also be a good decision in 2019 to oust President Muhammadu Buhari 's divisive & incompetent administration.....

4 Likes

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Neoteny(m): 9:37am On Apr 03, 2018
I worked in finance, and i could trace 5 kobo as long as it was withdrawn or transferred.

I wonder why in naija sums as huge as $250m and $44m can apparently disappear without a trace.

Some of us are not idiots, you know.

Mr EFCC where is the $44m NSA loot?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by AreaFada2: 9:39am On Apr 03, 2018
NOI just has too much integrity. Probably should never have ventured into 9ja FG. But then the development we had in her time would never have happened. She was one of the few good people in govt over the years.

But bigots and tribalists will always try to pull her down. NOI resigned as foreign minister knowing that her strength was better in finance.

How many Nigerians would quit foreign minister position voluntarily?

1 Like

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by smirn(m): 9:46am On Apr 03, 2018
slimghost:
Yeah, this will keep the stupid and dumb Nigerians busy for sometime now. Another meal for Zombies to feast on.
This has to be the most useless and directionless government in the history of Nigeria.

No blueprint whatsoever, only propaganda and wildgoose Chase.

God forbid we endure this for another 4 years.
Where is the blueprint since 1999? What is wrong in inviting her for clarifications? I will continue to make it clear that Nigeria will never move forward until the mistakes of the past is properly looked into and appropriate corrections made for a better future.
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Modarun(m): 9:47am On Apr 03, 2018
AreaFada2:
NOI just has too much integrity. Probably should never have ventured into 9ja FG. But then the development we had in her time would never have happened. She was one of the few good people in govt over the years.

But bigots and tribalists will always try to pull her down. NOI resigned as foreign minister knowing that her strength was better in finance.

How many Nigerians would quit foreign minister position voluntarily?

never mind the idiots trying to pull her down. All and every thing good in terms of policy for the last 14 years can be traced to her, from debt forgiveness, TSA, Biometric data capture of Fg staffs, BVN, Agric, Auto industry policies. But haters want to spoil her name. She has addressed thisbon countless occations, have made it clear anyonw who needs any information to call her. She even stayed for close to 2years after hand over incase they needed her to explain any thing.

1 Like

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by RexTramadol1: 9:48am On Apr 03, 2018
When will APC be serious?

If there is something I like about NOI,its that she's got guts

If she appears bfr dia set up, she will dust them

If she had looted, APC wld av bn on her neck.

One mugu up dia dey say she obeys her boss more dan her country

was Buhari nt in d cabinet wen Abacha looted us dry?

1 Like

Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 03, 2018
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Yankee101: 9:53am On Apr 03, 2018
If una touch that woman na wahala una dey look for. Mr President approved the transfer, which she sought and got approval for. This is what will make me join IPOB by association and funding if una just wan disgrace this hard working and our only truly world class Nigerian.
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by PhilipGallagher(m): 9:55am On Apr 03, 2018
They can't bring this woman down, she's too smart for their ass. I personally respect this lady and also the minister of Agricilture under GEJ, Adesina i believe.
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by kings09(m): 9:59am On Apr 03, 2018
Bros u too much.

No de mind all diz buhari media cows like fizznation dat will always find sumtin to say wen its Gej. Its wat they r paid to do.
MaziOmenuko:

She presided over? How? She gets direct instruction from her principal to release funds to NSA to help buy military hardware for the fight against boko haram; was she expected to say no? She was smart enough to put it in written and get the authorisation of her boss, that's the smartest thing to do. Would she have resisted the purchase of arms to fight terrorism in her country or how was she to know beforehand that NSA will turn to an ATM?

Don't forget that she had earlier resigned under OBJ when the budget office was removed from ministry of finance and she insisted it be brought back so claiming she was being loyal to her boss against her country is a fallacy.

I am sure if news came out that NOI refused to approve funds meant to buy military hardware for the fight against terrorism, you will be among the first to label her a boko sponsor and posit that the SE is in support of terrorism against the north.
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by M16: 10:15am On Apr 03, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

She presided over? How? She gets direct instruction from her principal to release funds to NSA to help buy military hardware for the fight against boko haram; was she expected to say no? She was smart enough to put it in written and get the authorisation of her boss, that's the smartest thing to do. Would she have resisted the purchase of arms to fight terrorism in her country or how was she to know beforehand that NSA will turn to an ATM?

Don't forget that she had earlier resigned under OBJ when the budget office was removed from ministry of finance and she insisted it be brought back so claiming she was being loyal to her boss against her country is a fallacy.

I am sure if news came out that NOI refused to approve funds meant to buy military hardware for the fight against terrorism, you will be among the first to label her a boko sponsor and posit that the SE is in support of terrorism against the north.

She did not resign, she was redeployed to Foreign Affairs, before kicked out by OBJ
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Bhol28: 10:21am On Apr 03, 2018
This Abacha sef
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by rolchi(m): 10:31am On Apr 03, 2018
seunmsg:

Who approved the budget with which the NNPC is currently paying "under-recovery" of the PMS now consumed in Nigeria?
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by erico2k2(m): 10:33am On Apr 03, 2018
fiizznation:
Yeah buhari might be a failure but at least he is still a million times better than the 16 wasted years of PDP. Go figure
U 4got some APC saints where part of the 16 years .
Re: $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 03, 2018
I'm wondering if the zombies making these comments even read the news

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lack Of Quorum Forces Senate To Adjourn Plenary. Only 10 Senators Present. / EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud / Inibehe Sues Lai Mohammed, NBC For Raising Hate Speech Fine From N500,000 To N5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.