Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Infertility In Men And Women- A Holistic View - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Infertility In Men And Women- A Holistic View (382 Views)

Get Rid Of Fibroid, Stroke, Diabetes, Cancer ,infertility In 2wks / How Cell Phones Damage Your Sperm Cells And Causes Infertility In Men / Seven Causes Of Infertility You Should Know About But Don't (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Infertility In Men And Women- A Holistic View by Engineer11985(m): 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
Infertility is the inability of couples to conceive after engaging in an unprotected sex. It may not be best to describe a case as infertility until it clocks 12 months.

Infertility may be due to a single cause in either a man or a woman or a combination of factors that may prevent a pregnancy from occurring or continuing.

Fortunately, there are many safe and effective therapies for treating infertility. These treatments significantly improve the chances of becoming pregnant.

To become pregnant, the complex processes of ovulation and fertilization need to work.

Infertility can be present from birth (congenital) or something can go wrong

Infertility can involve on or both partners in general.

Note:

In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the male

In about one- third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the female

In the remaining cases, the cause of infertility involves both the male and the female or no cause can be identified.

Causes of female infertility

Ovulation disorder– This is a usual culprit. Tracking ovulation calender and the non presence of ovulation allegedly, puts a woman at risk of being infertile. The woman’s ovaries stop working before she is 40.

PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) – the woman’s ovaries function abnormally. She also has abnormally high levels of androgen.

Poor egg quality – eggs that are damaged or develop genetic abnormalities cannot sustain a pregnancy. The older a woman is the higher the risk.

Submucosal fibroids – benign or non-cancerous tumors found in the muscular wall of the uterus, occurring in 30% to 40% of women of childbearing age. They may interfere with implantation. They can also block the fallopian tube, preventing sperm from fertilizing the egg. Large submucosal uterine fibroids may make the uterus’ cavity bigger, increasing the distance the sperm has to travel.

Fallopian tube damage or blockage

Thyroid problems

Endometriosis – cells that are normally found within the lining of the uterus start growing elsewhere in the body.

Previous sterilization treatment – if a woman chose to have her fallopian tubes blocked. It is possible to reverse this process, but the chances of becoming fertile again are not high

Causes of male infertility

Abnormal sperm production or functions such as health problems like diabetes can hinder conception from taken place.

Prior surgeries on the testicles-

Ejaculation disorders – for some men it may be difficult to ejaculate properly. Men with retrograde ejaculation ejaculate semen into the bladder. If the ejaculatory ducts are blocked or obstructed the man may have a problem ejaculating appropriately.

Testicular infection from hotness- Hot tubs, very hot baths, or working in extremely hot environments can raise the temperature of the testicles. Tight clothing may have the same effect on some people.

Problems with the delivery of sperm- when the quality of semen released is not healthy enough to fertilise an egg, the tendency conception will take place is minimal.

Low sperm count (low concentration) – the man ejaculates a lower number of sperm. Sperm concentration should be 20 million sperm per milliliter of semen. If the count is under 10 million there is a low sperm concentration (subfertility).

No sperm – when the man ejaculates there is no sperm in the semen.

Low sperm mobility (motility) – the sperm cannot “swim” as well as it should.

Abnormal sperm – perhaps the sperm has an unusual shape, making it more difficult to move and fertilize an egg.

Damage related to cancer and its treatment.

Genetic abnormality- X and Y chromosome is present in everyman. If he has two X chromosomes and one Y chromosome (Klinefelter’s syndrome) there will be an abnormal development of the testicles, low testosterone, and a low sperm count (sometimes no sperm at all).
Read on: www.healthymen101.com/2018/04/03/infertility-in-men-and-women-a-holistic-view/
Re: Infertility In Men And Women- A Holistic View by Arin2ola: 12:16am On Apr 04, 2018
Hello beautiful and patient mothers, i believe we all had a good day today, am new to this forum and just in my first one hour i have learn from the previous post. they are all educating. I know how frustrating it can be putting all your effort into getting pregnant...we obviously know giving up is not an option and the devil doesn't have a choice other than to let us be and do what is important and brings happiness to our homes. I honestly don't know how to express how excited i am that i found such a forum giving room to everyone to pour out their mind.

Talking about certain health issues such as FIBROID and DIABETES plays a very high part in infertility for women. I am a living testimony of this experience. The fibroid changes the shape and size of the uterine cavity which affected my ability to get pregnant, as for diabetes, it prevented the embryo from forming in the uterus leading to miscarriage even before i got to know i was pregnant...in a better understanding high sugar level prevent an on going pregnancy. This was discovered after series of tests and seeing different doctors but i thank God for today, it is all in the past now.

The good news about my experience is that i didn't go through any operation for the fibroid and also i didn't receive treatment from a doctor, i only responded to a post i saw online, followed the instructions and today i am the most excited person that i wont stop sharing the news. Most of the post we see are usually not scam but relevant to us on way or the other.

If there is any woman reading this post going through what i experienced or you know anyone battling with it, kindly save a soul and bring happiness to a home. All you have to do is to send a mail to this email address (crystals.wellnesshome@gmail.com) stating what your past experience as been like, you necessarily don't have to give too many details, after which you will get a reply including a brief health assessment form to fill and answer the questions in it and send back. You will be referred to a health consultant who will communicate and mentor you till you get a stable health.

This wellness home is not just for the women alone, For men, babies, children, teenage and the Elderly. Our body systems are different and doctors are sometimes not giving us the result we need. You can take a bold step by sending the mail. A LOST HEALTH IS MORE PAINFUL THAN A LOST WEALTH.

Sharing this experience is the most exciting thing i have done in my life. Am not good with the internet but if you are, you can just copy this post and send to other platforms you know it will be useful in saving lives and bringing happiness to a home. FIGHT AGAINST INFERTILITY, FIBROID, DIABETES, SICKLE CELL ANEMIA AND CHRONIC ULCER.

JUST ONE EMAIL HELPED ME AND IT CAN HELP YOU TOO.

(1) (Reply)

The Three Fingers Squeezing To Stop Premature Ejaculation / Firm Up Your Breasts Naturally With This Amazing Breast Care Kit. / How To Avoid Swollen Feet During Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.