Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Is Your Next Birthday Worth Celebrating - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Your Next Birthday Worth Celebrating (266 Views)

Kiddwaya Mocks Laycon; Icons To Gift Laycon Rolls Royce On Next Birthday / 10 Nigerian Cultural Icons Worth Celebrating / Truck Kills 2 Persons Celebrating Valentine In Akwa Ibom State. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Next Birthday Worth Celebrating by nonfab22: 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
Have you ever asked yourself that question before? Can you draft out 10 tangible reasons why you should throw a party for your next birthday celebration? Don’t answer me yet, just keep thinking.

My short sojourn on earth so far has taught me that loneliness is very real and it kills. But family can be an effective cure. One of my sweet cousins visited me a couple of weeks ago just before my birthday. She came to salvage me with the curative powers of her care and attention.

She is not only beautifully and wonderfully made by God on a day when HE was exceedingly happy, she was also designed to be a perfectly crazy cook. We had a nice time together and I ate a good home made meal for the first time in a long while.

While our chins were growing fat in laughter as we saw movies after movies, she reminded me of something that threw me in an avalanche of despair.

That wasn’t the first time I was hearing what she told me, but it was as though the effect it had on me that night was bitterly overwhelming.

What she said was something everyone should get happy about, but surprisingly, I wouldn’t say I was.

Away from the suspense, in paraphrase, she basically said,

“Wow, Nonso, so you will be a year older by March 25th?”.

That was all she needed to say to give me an unprecedented mood swing.
I literally got lost just as it happens in Hollywood movies.

And like a modern domino effect, I lucidly saw my thoughts wandering far beyond the shores of my room.

She had no idea what was going on in my mind. It was practically difficult for me to flow with the tides of the discussion afterwards.

Let’s just say, I’m very grateful to God for life, but beyond that, I kept asking myself if my new age was worth celebrating.

READ MORE: http://notemast.com/birthday-worth-celebrating/
Re: Is Your Next Birthday Worth Celebrating by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:36pm On Apr 03, 2018
EVERY of my birthday is worth celebrating. I will keep being gracious for my life. Thank you Jesus!

(1) (Reply)

Zuckerberg Like Gate / Considering Travelling Abroad / Please Help Me With This Subject Combination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.