Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Apprentice Murders Brother & Wife With Machete Over N1.2m "Settlement Money" - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Apprentice Murders Brother & Wife With Machete Over N1.2m "Settlement Money" (414 Views)

Kenyan Man Hacks Wife To Death With Machete Over Infidelity, Attempts Suicide / Man Attacks Father With Machete In Cross River For Sleeping With Another Woman / Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apprentice Murders Brother & Wife With Machete Over N1.2m "Settlement Money" by exlinkleads(f): 2:40pm On Apr 03, 2018
A tragic incident in Ijako area of Sango Otta, Ogun State has shocked the residence after a businessman, Mr. Azubuike Okoro, 34, and his wife, Jacinta, 18, were allegedly hacked to death by his brother over issue of settlement money.

The assailant, Okoro Okwudili, aged 20, was subsequently arrested by policemen attached to Sango Division while his accomplice, one Kenneth, escaped. Vanguard News gathered that the businessman was eating with his wife on Saturday when Okwudli and Kenneth, who were armed with cutlasses stormed their apartment.

They descended on the couple, inflicting cuts on their bodies with the cutlass until they passed out. However, on their way out of the apartment, neighbours who were alerted with the couple’s shout for help apprehended Okwudili, while Kenneth took to his heels.

Suspect's Confessions;

During interrogation, the suspect stated that the idea to kill his brother was sold to him by his fleeing accomplice. On why he took such action, he said:

“My brother refused to pay me after serving him for three years. At the end of my apprenticeship, he was supposed to pay me N1.2 million to set up my own business, but he has not done so for close to a year.

“When I realised it was obvious he did not want to pay me, I reported the matter to my friend, Kenneth, who lives in Sappin, Abeokuta. He (Kenneth) suggested that we should kill him. So on Saturday, we bought two cutlasses. We sharpened them for over one hour.

“We then went to my brother’s house. Immediately we entered, we saw him eating with his wife. While Kenneth faced his wife, I faced my brother. We cut them with the cutlass until they could not shout.”

Ogun State Police Command imagemaker, Assistant Superintendent Abimbola Oyeyemi, who confirmed the incident, said the corpses have been deposited at the Otta General Hospital mortuary for post-mortem examination. He also said the Commissioner of Police, Ogun State Police Command, Amed Iliyasu, had directed that the suspect be transferred to the homicide section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, SCIID, for discreet investigation.

His words:

"The CP equally directed that the fleeing accomplice be hunted and brought to book within the shortest possible time. "He also appealed to residents of the state not to take any threat to their lives lightly, but to report such to the Police no matter who is involved.”

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/04/apprentice-murders-brother-wife-with.html?m=1

cc mynd44 lalasticlala missyb3 dominique obinoscopy

Re: Apprentice Murders Brother & Wife With Machete Over N1.2m "Settlement Money" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
He (Kenneth) suggested that we should kill him. So on Saturday, we bought two cutlasses. We sharpened them for over one hour.

When they are not going to slaughter a cow or an elephant!
Devil's incarnate!!
Re: Apprentice Murders Brother & Wife With Machete Over N1.2m "Settlement Money" by anuoluwapo884(m): 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2018
Hope his happy now
Re: Apprentice Murders Brother & Wife With Machete Over N1.2m "Settlement Money" by Dontquit: 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2018
All for money....
Re: Apprentice Murders Brother & Wife With Machete Over N1.2m "Settlement Money" by HoodBillionaire: 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
no need
shoot him at back of station shaps

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Singer Allegedly Killed By Italian Husband In Banana Island / The Way We Approach One Sided Story And How We Should Work On Ourselves (PIX) / Man Who Sold His Girlfriend's Daughter For Sex Up To 1000 Times Is Jailed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.