Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle (23079 Views)

Buhari Snubs Magu, Gets Senate Confirmation For 207 Appointees / Abe Gains Upper-hand Against Amaechi As APC Cancels Ward Congress In Rivers / APC CRISIS: Tinubu Gains Upper Hand, NWC to be Dissolved Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by Islie: 3:21pm On Apr 03, 2018
By Ismail Mudashir

President Muhmmadu Buhari is gradually winning the battle against the confirmation of his nominees at the Senate, Daily Trust report.

There had been logjam in the confirmation of President Buhari’s nominees over the remark of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on the acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr Ibrahim Magu.

The Senate had following Osinbajo’s remark on Magu, passed a resolution last year halting further confirmation of the President’s nominees not captured in the Constitution.

Daily Trust reports that the development had affected over 40 of the nominees until recently, when the lawmakers shifted ground.

So far, senators have rescinded their decision on three occasions. The first was on the confirmation of two deputy governors of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and four members of the Monetary Policy Committee.

Also, the Senate has resolved to confirm nominees of the President for the CBN governing board.

On Thursday before proceeding on Easter break, senators also resolved to confirm the President’s nominee for the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).

The resolution followed consideration and adoption of the report of the Senate committee on Judiciary chaired by Senator David Umaru (APC, Niger) on the alleged resumption of office of, Anthony Ojukwu, nominated as executive secretary of the NHRC.

The committee which cleared Ojukwu of the allegation that he assumed duty through the backdoor recommended that he should be confirmed.

Umaru said, “That without prejudice to the Senate position on confirmation of nominations for appointment, the Senate may wish to urgently consider and confirm the nominee in the interest of Nigeria’s integrity and image in the comity of nations.”

Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, who presided over the plenary approved that the nominee be screened.

With this development, Ojukwu and some members of the CBN governing board are expected to face confirmation hearing, when the lawmakers resume from Easter break on April 10.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-gets-upper-hand-in-senate-confirmation-battle.html

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by VanNistelrooy24: 3:21pm On Apr 03, 2018
grin

This moving carcass called buhari thinks Senator David Mark is still the President where a goat or cow gets nominated and gets approved within 48hrs.... grin Saraki go show you pepper...

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by GavelSlam: 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
Too much sense won't kill Jubril..
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by taylor89(m): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
GavelSlam:
Too much sense won't kill Jubril..
grin

Cloned Jubril

He's going home come 2019

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by taylor89(m): 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
Buhari is madcow

Backtodaura

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by teyokensax: 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by SillyMods: 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2018
Heart attack for pigs. Gradually, pigs and those thieves at the NA will soon realize who the boss is.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by BruncleZuma: 4:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by emeejinsm: 4:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
Saint buhari bribing our mumu senators upandan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
I would continue to say it is people who don't like Nigeria that would not get their PVC and send Buhari packing.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2018
SillyMods:
Heart attack for pigs
Stop being silly. angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by fourhayz: 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2018
I just weak for PMB

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by HAH: 4:27pm On Apr 03, 2018
Where is the upper hand, all I see is empathy from the senate to confirm nominees from critical sectors so that the nation can move.

This is brown envelope journalism

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by SillyMods: 4:27pm On Apr 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Stop being silly. angry
Are you one?

cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
The pigs and idiots are wailing now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
The senate is pitying the vegetable and he thinks he is getting the upper hand.

Abokii needs education

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by SBG04: 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2018
I've never seen a group of people so criminal and devilish in nature and character! Saraki and his gang in the Senate are trying to tie Buhari's hand with these nominations in the hope that he will interfer with the EFCC and ask the EFCC to stand down on the corruption cases of Saraki and his gang. This is nothing but blackmail and instead of Nigerians to root for the good guys here, we're busy praising Saraki and his 40 thieves. It's just incredible!!!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by Iyajelili(f): 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2018
You guys like to massage your already deflated ego

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by Charly68: 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
If Baba takes Dollars to that Assembly,I tell you everyone will shift ground on this matter...that was the formula of Obj who is now Baba saint in the country

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by smalls001: 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2018
Charly68:
If Baba takes Dollars to that Assembly,I tell you everyone will shift ground on this matter...that was the formula of Obj who is now Baba saint in the country
Very good point.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by honestivo(m): 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2018
I don't think they fight for the interest of Nigerian,both the executive and the judiciary so their fight is unnecessary or selfish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by abescom: 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2018
Pepsi101:
The senate is pitying the vegetable and he thinks he is getting the upper hand.

Abokii needs education
I do not blame idiotic bigots like yourself but Seun who hasn't stamped down his foot enough on the enthicism going on on nairaland.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by Ratello: 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
This is a battle Buhari will still lose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by abescom: 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2018
Charly68:
I absolutely agree with you. And the funny thing is that the vast majority of those who have been calling OBJ a saint were abusing him when he was supporting Buhari and calling him all sort of names including corrupt but he is now a saint because he is now against Buhari.

They will support even Buratai who they were criticising not long ago should he say something against Buhari. Sick set of bigots those lots.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by buhariguy(m): 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2018
OK
Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 03, 2018
abescom:
I do not blame idiotic bigots like yourself but Seun who hasn't stamped down his foot enough on the enthicism going on on nairaland.
You're nothing but a mad dog gallivanting all over the cyberspace commuting nuisance because of some unfortunate inconsequential vegetable.

FVCK OFF MY MENTION
Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by maasoap(m): 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2018
HAH:
Where is the upper hand, all I see is empathy from the senate to confirm nominees from critical sectors so that the nation can move.

All I see is brown envelope journalism
Who are they empathising with? Buhari or the Nation? They can sleep in the NA chamber for their four years tenure for all I care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by rodofgod(m): 5:14pm On Apr 03, 2018
Pepsi101:
You're nothing but a mad dog gallivanting all over the cyberspace commuting nuisance because of some unfortunate inconsequential vegetable.

FVCK OFF MY MENTION

I beg, take it easy
Re: Buhari Gets Upper Hand In Senate Confirmation Battle by AWEsomeRay(m): 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
The only thing I saw was that they are resuming from Easter break on the 10th of April.....I weep

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baby Abandoned At Motherless Babies Home In Borno Named After President Buhari / Unknown Gunmen Disrupt Labour Party's Meeting In Enugu State. / Buhari’s People Are Not Making Things Easier For His Successor, Nigerians - Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.