Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations - Phone/Internet Market (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations (7075 Views)

See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations / See The Top 7 Tech Innovations That Will Change The Future / Trending Smartphone! The New Infinix S2 Pro Now Available In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by ZiziPrince: 6:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
Kingbaddolee:

No allow Samsung fans catch you o.
Na d 20mp front camera just dey turn me on everytime I hear am

Na their cup of tea ooo... as for me and my house we don't get target to dey hope for.
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Sarhyd(m): 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2018
Aypantsula:
me I still dey talk am ooo !!!this infinix Hot S 3 beat any current andiod for now.......

Same here too, beats my Infinix smart hands down
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Sarhyd(m): 7:50pm On Apr 08, 2018
Crazythinker:
is it true that the infinix hot s3 has a long lasting battery duration?

Yes, very much true
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by mzmariam: 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
Symbabe:

I need directions on how to buy for people staying outta Lagos
I stay in Ibadan

I don’t think it’s in Nigeria yet
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by mzmariam: 7:59pm On Apr 08, 2018
Josephudu:

Yes it is

Really, are you sure
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by mzmariam: 8:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
Agofure70:
You can drop an unboxing video and tag @infinixnigeria on instagram to win a cash back of the same amount you got the device. Check @infinixnigeria page for more

Thanks for this, I just checked
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Thebusybrain: 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2018
Dope infinix i so much love that phone
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Thebusybrain: 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2018
I gbadun the function..... Of the phone!!!
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Johnsonwise: 11:03am On Apr 09, 2018
can wait for this phone to enter nija
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Crazythinker: 11:09am On Apr 09, 2018
me no fit wait too...hoo!!
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Johnsonwise: 11:26am On Apr 09, 2018
Infinix hot s3 Na him bi BaBa
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by vermaniace(m): 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
mzmariam:

I don’t think it’s in Nigeria yet
Lol on the high sea I guess
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by vermaniace(m): 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
Johnsonwise:
can wait for this phone to enter nija
Just do a pre-order
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by vermaniace(m): 12:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
Anyways this phone should be rated one of the smartest phones in the world
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by vermaniace(m): 12:53pm On Apr 09, 2018
Nice phone joor
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Allen231: 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
vermaniace:
Nice phone joor
It is abeg
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Allen231: 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2018
vermaniace:
Anyways this phone should be rated one of the smartest phones in the world
Totally true ..it is cus nearly everyone in ma house use the Infinix phones and now my dad is heading for s3
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Allen231: 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2018
Well dont think its out on sales yet
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by 1alabama1(m): 1:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
Just passing by
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by barackodam: 1:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
Kalapizim:
The last one year has become one for smartphone innovation. It felt like the industry looked to get more innovation.However, three interesting trends either started in or became more pronounced this year, and we hope we will see more of them in coming years These three smartphone innovations promise consumers a better overall experience, and we will certainly see them show up in future handsets over the next 12 months.

18:9 display ratio displays

Historically most smartphones featured displays with a 16:9 aspect ratio. This is the standard ratio for big screen televisions and feature films in theaters, so it made sense for phones to use that same measurement for playing movies on the small screen. However, in 2017 a number of major smartphones moved to an 18:9 ratio.

While content tailored to the new format is still starting to come out, the standard aspect ratio is still 16:9 except brands like Infinix who have gone futher by including the 18:9 ratio in its latest HOT S3. There is a growing acceptance of the 18:9 format in smartphones. We expect that this innovation will continue to pop up in the rest of 2018 and beyond.

120 Hz smartphone screens

Another 2017 smartphone innovation centers on the display, but it’s been far less common than the 18:9 aspect ratio. The Razer Phone, which launched in early November, is perhaps the most well-known smartphone to support a display with a 120 Hz refresh rate, instead of the normal 60 Hz.
Why is this a big deal? A screen’s refresh rate refers to how fast a it can update a picture every second. In theory, if your display has a higher refresh rate, its image should be smoother and clearer, even while scrolling on your smartphone. Razer promoted the higher rate with another technology it developed called Ultra Motion, which syncs with the phone’s GPU to change its refresh rate depending on the needs of what’s being run. This maintains an optimal refresh rate when you play games, resulting in much smoother looking graphics with less screen tearing.
As we move into the second quarter of 2018, we will likely see more smartphones with better support for virtual and augmented reality experiences. We will also see more stand alone VR headsets that use smartphone hardware inside, running Android based games. Having a higher refresh rate for these displays will make VR and AR apps look better, with lower latency. The Razer Phone’s push to add a higher refresh rate will likely result in more gaming and VR-oriented smartphones launching with similar rates on their displays in the next year.

The eSIM – ditching the old-fashioned SIM card

No matter how advanced your smartphone is, you still need a good old-fashioned SIM card inside if you really want to use it as a normal cell phone. we saw the first preview of a new way smartphones will finally, hopefully, get rid of this old technology.
The advantage of this technology is that you should be able to switch carriers with a software app menu and a few taps on a screen. This kind of technology will not only be helpful for people who buy unlocked phones or give old phones as gifts, but also international travelers, who won’t need to get an extra SIM card to make calls and connect with cellular data networks in other countries.
At the moment, the eSIM support is only available for Infinix HOT S3 However, the fact that Google is adding eSIM support for its latest flagship Android smartphones means the company is encouraging both phone manufacturers and wireless carriers to support eSIM in future handsets. The rest of the year will likely see the release of more phones with both Nano SIM and eSIM support. Hopefully in a few years phone makers will get rid of physical SIM cards entirely.

For more on HOT S3
http://www.infinix.club/forum/196/310361

For what it's worth, I actually like this
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Prettytechlover: 1:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
vermaniace:
Nice phone joor
It is actually a nice phone
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by barackodam: 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
1alabama1:
Just passing by

What do you think about the thread?

undecided
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Prettytechlover: 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
1alabama1:
Just passing by
As you dey pass abeg send me money before you comot
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by VShaw: 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
The Bank is active in the ethics driven debt and capital market providing Islamic Bond issuance, wealth management, alternative investments and other investment banking services. The Bank’s roots stem back to 1981 and today Ibdar Bank is in the top tier of Bahrain’s Islamic Wholesale Banks. Ibdar understands itself as the top Islamic challenger bank focusing on the Global Islamic Digital Economy (GIDE) providing sector expertise and a proven track record in Real Estate, Aviation, Trade & Manufacturing and FinTech. The Bank’s shareholder base includes blue chip financial institutions from Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi and the UAE.
http://ibdarbank.com
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by Agofure70: 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
Do you know you can actually use your infinix hot s3 with a Virtual reality #VR
Re: Top Three Trending Smartphone Innovations by obamaweezy(m): 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
VShaw:
The Bank is active in the ethics driven debt and capital market providing Islamic Bond issuance, wealth management, alternative investments and other investment banking services. The Bank’s roots stem back to 1981 and today Ibdar Bank is in the top tier of Bahrain’s Islamic Wholesale Banks. Ibdar understands itself as the top Islamic challenger bank focusing on the Global Islamic Digital Economy (GIDE) providing sector expertise and a proven track record in Real Estate, Aviation, Trade & Manufacturing and FinTech. The Bank’s shareholder base includes blue chip financial institutions from Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi and the UAE.
http://ibdarbank.com

Make ur bank loan us money to buy this phone na. Forget all this story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Huawei L21 (SOLD) / F / S: Apple Iphone 5 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S3,blackberry Bold Touch 9930 / London Use Blackberry Phones For Sale At Very Cheap Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.