Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo (737 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwo Land Welcome Tinubu, Oyetola & Others For Next Level Campaign (Pics / Ademola Adeleke Was Prostrating For Oluwo Of Iwo, Not Omisore (Photos) / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by Ebullience(m): 10:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
The embattled Oluwo of Iwoland, Abdulrasheed Akanbi, has said that God is using those against his lifestyle (swag) to make him popular, insisting that he has the right as a king to bear the tag ’emir’ and other kingship titles in Nigeria.

The traditional leader recently attracted a backlash when reports emanated that he had decided to bear the tag of ’emir’ rather than the established title of ‘oba’.

The monarch flayed his critics while speaking on a radio programme on Rave FM in Osogbo on Tuesday. He said by his actions, he seeks to upgrade Yoruba culture.

“How can you abandon who you are? Can you abandon king for king? Oba is our own word. I am an Oba and I will remain Oba for life. I only said I can also be referred to as an Emir. I am the Emir of Yorubaland, I am the Igwe of Yorubaland and the Obi of Yorubaland. I can bear all titles of kings. We have to upgrade and update our traditional culture, else, we will go into extinction.”

Mr Akanbi said he has started a cultural revolution which makes him wear ’emir’ regalia sometimes. “The northern traditional rulers admired my Emir regalia whenever I put it on but (I am) not getting support from Yoruba Obas and people.

“By saying that I can also be addressed as emir, I talked metaphorically. But some ‘bad-belle’ (unpleasant mannered) people are condemning me and telling lies against me. My enemies are making me known. God is using my enemies to promote me. Some people don’t like the way I add swags. I can’t help them. I want to upgrade our culture. I promote ‘ofi’ dress and emirs love my dressing.”

The monarch has been criticised by different people and groups including Yoruba Youth Movement following his adoption of the emir title last weekend.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/263952-i-want-to-upgrade-yoruba-culture-oluwo-of-iwo.html/

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by 4kDdullard: 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2018
This man should be ashamed of himself

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by clevvermind(m): 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2018
Foolishness is embedded in his brain. What he did was an act of foolishness.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by ghettowriter(m): 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by ghettowriter(m): 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
Upgrade to Hausa then Fulani...Man wey no respect and promote his own culture na man?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2018
Confused man. angry

1 Like

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by SuperS1Panther: 10:57pm On Apr 03, 2018
This guy's madness is on an upward trajectory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by plessis: 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
This is the Reincarnation of afonja.

He has returned to finish the job.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by Dreambeat: 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
This man seems confused.He is still complicating issues.Who are his advisers?
Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by limeta(f): 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
If the yorubas dont do something about this guy this guy will do something about the yorubas
Saudi money sweet die..

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by TheFreeOne: 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
A king who doesn't respect his people's culture and traditions is that one a king or an impostor

He needs to be dethroned, flogged in the market square to restore his bearing and run out of town.

And the chop knuckle king talked of his swags? grin

Shame on Iwo indigenes.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by hucienda: 11:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
Upgrade his culture? Wonders shall never end.
Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by Throwback: 11:59pm On Apr 03, 2018
E be like say this guy is suffering from mental retardation.

He needs to be flogged with the famous destiny resetting Akure cane.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by bjayx: 12:00am On Apr 04, 2018
Thunder fire Ur generation. Useless slave.
Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 04, 2018
limeta:
If the yorubas dont do something about this guy this guy will do something about the yorubas
Saudi money sweet die..
chai grin grin

cc lzaa onyeoga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by Guestlander: 12:06am On Apr 04, 2018
He needs to upgrade his own brain first.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by LZAA: 12:59am On Apr 04, 2018
imhotep:

chai grin grin

cc lzaa onyeoga
we must simply bow to the caliphate and listen to the sultan 2geda with our emir as true omoluabis
heeboes are just jealous kikiki grin
cc onyeoga NdiAlaIgbo
Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by gidgiddy: 1:07am On Apr 04, 2018
What do you expect from a Yoruba Monarch who had adopted the slave mentality his people are known for.

The average Yoruba man is an unrepentant Northern Hausa-Fulani slave.

I can get my car with anyone on Nairaland that this Hausa/Fulani slave called the Oluwo of Iwo will invite everyone to his official turbaning before the end of the year

And it will be well attended by his fellow Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by ibotic(f): 1:16am On Apr 04, 2018
This one na alaye area fada oba....see as im make im useless mouth.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by IdeyFindWife: 3:01am On Apr 04, 2018
TheFreeOne:
A king who doesn't respect his people's culture and traditions is that one a king or an impostor

He needs to be dethroned, flogged in the market square to restore his bearing and run out of town.

And the chop knuckle king talked of his swags? grin

Shame on Iwo indigenes.
In my place, this would never even happen; this Attention-Deficit slowpoke is not even fit for the palace gates.

But, it all goes to show that the Kingmakers bribe-taking botched the Selection Process.
The fact that they've not commenced his impeachment process also tells that Iwo must field the weakest of bitchass lazy idiott youths with cassava-flakes in place of brain matter.

The enslavement of the Yorobaas surely is hinged on the misnomer of their religious confusion & continuous identification with everything "Northern"!
Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by ImperialYoruba: 3:24am On Apr 04, 2018
Is this guy's wife not from Jamaica? They need to check the vegetable leaf they eat to make sure no be cannabis leaf.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Upgrade Yoruba Culture – Oluwo Of Iwo by Mynd44: 4:00am On Apr 04, 2018

(1)

Buhari Denies Approving $1bn For Arms Purchase / The Saudi Example- Why Your State Must Create Ranching Entrepreneurs / What Buhari Should Do After Loosing 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.