Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:16 AM

"I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo (43045 Views)

Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo / Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife / Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi Buys Innoson G-wagon For 2nd Coronation Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2018
Where are those that were complaining that Oluwo should have adopted Igwe title. Maybe you have been heard. grin

The embattled Oluwo of Iwoland, Abdulrasheed Akanbi, has said that God is using those against his lifestyle (swag) to make him popular, insisting that he has the right as a king to bear the tag ’emir’ and other kingship titles in Nigeria.

The traditional leader recently attracted a backlash when reports emanated that he had decided to bear the tag of ’emir’ rather than the established title of ‘oba’.

The monarch flayed his critics while speaking on a radio programme on Rave FM in Osogbo on Tuesday. He said by his actions, he seeks to upgrade Yoruba culture.

“How can you abandon who you are? Can you abandon king for king? Oba is our own word. I am an Oba and I will remain Oba for life. I only said I can also be referred to as an Emir. I am the Emir of Yorubaland, I am the Igwe of Yorubaland and the Obi of Yorubaland. I can bear all titles of kings. We have to upgrade and update our traditional culture, else, we will go into extinction.”

Mr Akanbi said he has started a cultural revolution which makes him wear ’emir’ regalia sometimes. “The northern traditional rulers admired my Emir regalia whenever I put it on but (I am) not getting support from Yoruba Obas and people.

“By saying that I can also be addressed as emir, I talked metaphorically. But some ‘bad-belle’ (unpleasant mannered) people are condemning me and telling lies against me. My enemies are making me known. God is using my enemies to promote me. Some people don’t like the way I add swags. I can’t help them. I want to upgrade our culture. I promote ‘ofi’ dress and emirs love my dressing.”

The monarch has been criticised by different people and groups including Yoruba Youth Movement following his adoption of the emir title last weekend.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/263952-i-want-to-upgrade-yoruba-culture-oluwo-of-iwo.html/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by dreamwords: 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2018
igwe ,obi and eze are igbo titles, afonja always carryour matter for head

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 03, 2018
This Oba who says he is also Igwe may decide to wear Igbo regalia (isi agwu and okpu Mme Mme) very soon o. Bloggers and Lalasticlala be smiling to the bank if that happens.

23 Likes

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by NwaAmaikpe: 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
shocked

On behalf of all the Igbos on Nairaland we disown this confused soul.
We strip him of that title. He is so undeserving of it.

No Igbo royalty will be foolish to try and asslick an Emir.
Today Emir,
Tomorrow Obi
Next tomorrow Alaye.

Oluwo please just say no to cheap hard drugs.

376 Likes 34 Shares

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by Biglittlelois(f): 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
It's official, he has been cursed by the gods,

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by coluka: 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
E be like say na this man go be the new sickness weh go begin worry us for this country

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
Afonja people una matter dey tire person

132 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
The northern traditional rulers admired my Emir regalia whenever I put it on but (I am) not getting support from Yoruba Obas and people.

That was also how Alimi 'admired' Afonja.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it--- George Santayana

WELCOME TO THE TOWN EMIRATE OF IWO.

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by sonnie10: 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
Carpenter ku a ntu ku he osi o bu style.

Sombori should mend this for me please.

5 Likes

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by Onenaira1: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

From Fulani servitude to now stylish trying to add Igbos to it. Someone tell our dear Emir that we'll accept his servitude only if he drops The Muslim thing. If not, amadioha will Not accept. So my dear on the behalf of Igbos, please kindly return the Igwe and obi title off yourself. The gods are not happy so we leave it to the Fulanis and your Emir title abeg. Thank you for your application but

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by MorataFC: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2018
He meant FFK can go to hell grin

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by Venice789: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2018
guterMann:
K
sonnie10:
Y

Be careful

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by Holywizard: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2018
I no be Yoruba.
Nothing concern me

4 Likes

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by phollybee(m): 11:26pm On Apr 03, 2018
Which jungle did this most absurd, crazy, derisible, idiotic, ill-advised, insane, irrational, laughable, ludicrous, nonsensical, preposterous, ridiculous, silly, stupid thoughtless, unreasonable, unwise, asinine brainless, cockamamy, daffy, daft dippy, doltish, dotty, fatuous, feebleminded, half-baked, half-witted, harebrained, ill-considered, imbecilic, imprudent, incautious, indiscreet, injudicious, jerky,kooky,, loony, lunatic, mad, moronic, nerdy, nutty, senseless, short-sighted, unintelligent wacky, weak, witless, zany king come from

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by HeyCorleone(m): 11:26pm On Apr 03, 2018
This man, whoever he is, is utterly thoughtless.

Tho' he's trying to play smart. Ain't working.

12 Likes

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 11:26pm On Apr 03, 2018
Iwo is a no mans land

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by MrHistorian: 11:26pm On Apr 03, 2018
The man is a clown.

3 Likes

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by Juicybreed(m): 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2018
Look at you
Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by gurunlocker: 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2018
Since he dressed like Emir, I will be waiting for him go dress like igwe and obi

3 Likes

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by MrPresident1: 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by obafemee80(m): 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
Igbos don't play with Money and Titles grin

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by MorataFC: 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
dreamwords:
igwe ,obi and eze are igbo titles, afonja always carryour matter for head
So somebody can not give himself title in peace again? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by oluxy(m): 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
He's a confused man. He doesn't know what he's doing.

3 Likes

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by mosho2good: 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
*FOR HONEST GUN OWNERS:*
BEFORE YOU SURRENDER YOUR GUNS TO THE POLICE OR TO THE MILITARY AS THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT UNDER MUHAMMADU BUHARI IS DEMANDING, NIGERIANS ESPECIALLY THOSE FROM SOUTHERN NIGERIA, STARTING WITH THE SOUTH EAST CAREFULLY CONSIDER THIS!

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control laws. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenian Christians were slaughtered and their cities now Muslim dominated while their churches have been converted to Mosques.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

56 million defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control:

Guns in the hands of *honest citizens* save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

The US has never implemented a gun control which they feel keeps them safe from any invasion.

The BUHARI Fulani dominated security council want your self defense destroyed, empower their kinsmen to come in and take over your lands, colonize your towns and villages!

Take note my fellow Nigerians, before it's too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.
With guns, we are "citizens". Without them, we are "subjects".

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun-control message to all of your friends.

*SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!
AND THE SWISS GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT ABOUT WEAPONS HANDLING. YET SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

It's time to speak loud before they try to silence and disarm us.

You're not imagining it; history shows that governments always manipulate tragedies to attempt to disarm the people.

They went from house to house in Benue state, under an amnesty program that a short-sighted Governor Ortom was encouraged by the FG to embark upon, mopping up guns from the locals and the vigilantes responsible for community security. A few weeks later, the Fulani herdsmen came in and slaughtered hundreds, burnt down their houses and farm produce without any resistance.

Nigerians, think! That command to surrender your guns (if you have any) will leave you defenceless, when the time comes, and the military and the police won't be around to protect you!

Why are they not mopping up weapons from Fulani Herdsmen (who possess more sophisticated weapons, even AK4s, than any other region in this country)? They roam around with them, killing people at will!

This is another WAR GOING ON RIGHT HERE IN NIGERIA. ARM YOURSELF! BE SAFE. BE WISE. DON'T LET SOMEONE WASTE YOUR LIFE (OR YOUR FAMILY) FOR HIS OWN HIDDEN CAUSE!

Share this post to raise awareness of the impending danger ahead, under this government!!!

IS THIS A "HATE SPEECH"?
GO, ASK BENUE, PLATEAU, TARABA, EBONYI, KOGI, ETC STATES WHERE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED IN THEIR NUMBERS BY FULANI HERDSMEN!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by alphacyborg(m): 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
This guy is owing me 300k since May last year and I said he should pay installmentally cos I’m tired of his stories n I just got an alert of 5k .

People are wicked sha

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
Tooba Jo Shaka, Jo shaka. Tobajo shoko, jo shoko.
Ewo ni Shaka shoko.

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by ednut1(m): 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
High time these monarchs are scrapped

4 Likes

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
coluka:
E be like say na this man go be the new sickness weh go begin worry us for this country

lmaoo.. bob risky era pass, speedy d, apostle suleiman, bbn now this mad man..lol

2 Likes

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by naijjaman(m): 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
This man again cheesy

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by MissCokie(f): 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo by Awoofawo(m): 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
This moda4ka is real crazy.............no more doubting his sanity....................Yahoo king...trying to save face after mis-yarn!

He should goansidon, only adding the igwe to redirect folks from his folly.

Oponyu oba werey!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Reveals Himself After Going Into Seclusion For 7 Days In Osun. Photo / Badirat Olaitan Ajoke Adeyemi Celebrates Her 29th Birthday With Adorable Photos / Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi’s Palace & Golden Throne (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.