Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

How I Started A Business With N0.00 Capital - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How I Started A Business With N0.00 Capital (368 Views)

I Just Started A New Scam Busting Blog, Here's How You Can Contribute / ONE Of Nairalander Just Started A Unique Ideal Give Him Support / How Ogienwonyi Of Started A Life Of Fraud That Scammed Nigerians Of N10 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Started A Business With N0.00 Capital by TheSemNetwork: 12:15am On Apr 04, 2018
As shared by Emeka Stanley Hills on: The SmartElite Minds Network

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting a business with NO CAPITAL has become a BUSINESS MONSTER in our time.

It sounds impossible, right?

I wouldn't have believed it too, if I hadn't experienced it myself.

Starting a business with no Capital wouldn't have been possible if I wasn't a die-hard person and a Billionaire at heart.

The same NYSC that huge number of youths see as a complete waste of time was my own turning point.

Right from the NYSC Orientation Camp, I made up my mind to take my future in my hands.

I learnt Fish Farming, Snail Farming and Bee Keeping and made up my mind to practice what I learnt.

Fast forward to a Year after.

After my NYSC I travelled back home with my mind made up to move into business with FULL SPEED.

I had learnt Cosmetology during my Service year in Ondo State and I had already made plans to start scooping money with this knowledge once I hit my State; Enugu State.

In case you don't know, Cosmetology deals with production of liquid and solid Soap, Detergent, Cream, disinfectants etc.

On getting to Enugu I discovered the business was not going to be viable since virtually every home has somebody that can produce some of these things.

I immediately started thinking of another way forward.

I had to put my skills and knowledge to action.

I was faced with a BIG question:

Which of them should I venture into?

Some of the Agribusinesses I learnt (like Fish Farming) needed Capital to Start.

...and to tell you the truth, I had no dime on me.

I returned from NYSC with an empty pocket. Infact, I almost got stranded on my way back for lack of sufficient transport fare.

Well, I am not that kinda guy that spent his Allowee money on girls and partying.

Not at all.

I rather invested my finances into developing myself and this was evidenced with the fact that I went for my National Youth Service with just one Certificate (my BSc. Degree Certificate) and came back home with about eight different Certificates.

But like you know, in the Society we are privileged to find ourselves, our Certificates do not assure us of immediate Cash inflow after acquiring them.

However, I strongly advise you to get as much Certified as you can. They might not shoot you to limelight now, but they might come handy in the future.

So back to my story.

I practically had no source of steady income and no Capital to Start a Profitable business.

BUT...

Something happened one day.

That fateful day, I came across some Snails in our house which my siblings had gone to pick from the bush.

I can't really tell why they picked them, because they were not big end plenty enough to be cooked.

At first, I neglected them but as I kept on seeing them around, a thought suddenly struck me.

"Stanley shey you learnt Snail Farming? Why not try it out with these snails?"

That was it.

I made up my mind to do it.

Pay Close attention here:

I prepared a local pen for them with some big plastic bowls covered with a perforated lid.

I deposited some moist loamy soil in them and put the snails there.

That was how my business started.

I became friends with fruit sellers down my street and asked to become one of their Waste disposers.

They were surprised to realize that I was using the waste and the peels from the fruits to rear snails as they were only aware of using them to feed pigs.

So that settled the feeding aspect.

I spent no dime on their feeding since their main feed were fruits, leaves and some selected grasses.

My farm grew from few snails to 30, 50, and beyond 100.

I didn't stop at this point.

I met a leader in my fellowship and volunteered to train as many that were interested in Snail and Catfish farming.

He agreed and on announcement, I had about 200 people attend the 2 days Seminar we organized.

That move alone announced me to my world and made me a Consultant overnight.

I remember answering a call that lasted for several minutes from a final year Student working on Snailery as her Final Year Project.

I have also guided some other persons to set up their own farms and I had to do that personally for one of my Seminar participants.

The only time I had to spend money on the business was when I needed to build a bigger pen to accommodate about 500 snails or more.

I encourage you to take that bold step out of your comfort zone today and consciously START implementing your dreams and plans.

You have planned enough!

With love,
Stanley Hills
Your Business Coach

For Upto-Date Business Tips And Advice - Join Our Online Community:
http:///thesemnetwork

Re: How I Started A Business With N0.00 Capital by Raymeskey: 12:34am On Apr 04, 2018
nice one bro
bt I disagree with starting a business with 0.00k pls let's stop encapsulating ourself . You need cash no matter how small it is

I won add sumtin
Bt I don forget
wait Leme ask comptroller of dis poo-hole
#can'twaitfr2019tocome

(1) (Reply)

Taxi Driver Returns Phone And Envelope Containing Money To Owner, Accepts Only N / Truck Driver Takes Off As His Container Fell On New Range Rover / Evil In Waziri Poly Kebbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.