Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Anorexia Nervosa - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anorexia Nervosa (1082 Views)

Anorexia Nervosa / Anorexia / Anorexia Nervosa..an Overhype Eating Disorder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anorexia Nervosa by Free(f): 1:42am On Mar 13, 2007
In a day and age of glam and beauty, we find that the rate and types of eating disorders
are rapidly increasing. There are many different types of eating disorders such as, Anorexia
Nervosa, Bulimia, Binge eating

how an anorexic girl sees herself
http://www.glumbert.com/media/anorexia

Anorexia Nervosa, which literally means loss of appetite, even
though people with the eating disorder are usually always hungry
but refuse to eat in fear of getting fat.
when in actuality they are bone thin. this is caused by a
distorted body imagine disorder
which makes them think they are fat when they look in the mirror.
Anorexia is a life threatening eating disorder in
which a person starves them selves which then causes excessive
weight loss which can lead to
health problems or even death. The disorder is only diagnosed
when a person weighs 15 percent
less than their normal body weight. There are immense
symptoms and signs that shows if a
percent is suffering with this eating disorder, some of the signs include but not limited to them
begin obsess about food, weight and dieting.
They limit their food intake, exercise even when
they are sick. Vomit or usage of laxatives or water pills to avoid weight gain. Also developing
odd eating habits example cutting foods into tiny pieces and chewing every bit of food a certain
amount of time
Re: Anorexia Nervosa by cuteass1(f): 3:02am On Mar 13, 2007
my sister ,
that video was quite touching and saddening, all these anorexia problems have been brought to life by these stars and models (not that its their fault sha),

the young generation now think they have to look unhealthily thin to belong, or that they have to do everything possible (that's where anorexia comes in) to look like the girls in the magazines and the models on television.

I was so happy when one of the guests (a star) on "ellen's show" went ahead to explain that all these pictures in the mags are not their real selves, a lot of work is done by the camera man to make them look the way they do

How i wish all these young girls would understand                    , very sad sad sad

(1) (Reply)

I'm Allergic To Cold / Can Pregnant Women Drink Soya Milk? / EBOLA Virus In Ilorin Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.