Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,235 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P (1847 Views)

V.P Osinbajo Receives Chief Judge Of Nigeria & Chief Justices In State House(pix / Photos: Was V.P Osinbajo Scolding Gov. Ambode In This Photo? / No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 07, 2010
Alhaji Yayale Ahmed has been appointed as the Vice President. This follows the swearing in as President of Goodluck Jonathan yesterday after the death of Umaru Yar’ Adua. Prior to his appointment Alhaji Ahmed was secretary to the government of the federation. More to follow.

http://www.nigeriaplus.com/breaking-news-goodluck-jonathan-appoints-a-vice-president/
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by safeact(m): 3:20pm On May 07, 2010
Huhh uhh, i smell something!
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 07, 2010
Its true bro. Just got a call from Abuja after I posted the link
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by Emperoh(m): 3:29pm On May 07, 2010
I knew it was gonna be between Yayale Ahmed and El-rufai!!

Yayale where among those that broke away from yar'adua nonsense when these whole wahala set in.
I wish him well. . . . . and i hope Jonathan faces his job. Would preferred El-rufai though!!
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by safeact(m): 3:31pm On May 07, 2010
What do we stand to gain or loose by his appointment?
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 07, 2010
its true just heard it on NTA International
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 07, 2010
I would have preferred a Ribadu to oversee the ministry of power as well as the antigraft agencies
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by safeact(m): 4:02pm On May 07, 2010
Who then takes over from him? Maurice Iwu huh,atleast to compesate him?
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 07, 2010
Certainly not and I don't see Ribadu or El Rufai being the SGF either
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 07, 2010
Wise appointment

Jonathan was picking his Vice President not the Next President of Nigeria.

Yayale has been an absolute loyalist to the constitution and Federal Republic of Nigeria and most importantly respectful to Jonathan.

He has been a friend to Jonathan.

It is up to Nigerians to pick whoever they want as the Next President.
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by daddee: 4:33pm On May 07, 2010
i can only hope jonathan has made a good choice and wish both of them success as they face the tough challenges ahead of them. God bless 9ja.
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by rebranded(m): 6:07pm On May 07, 2010
barnabasj:

its true just heard it on NTA International

This is NOT true, Jonathan hasn't picked a Vice President yet, you all may be right that Yayale will be appointed VP

also in my opinion

El-rufai's charges will also be dropped soon, and he will be SGF
Ribadu will arrive soon to be INEC chief
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by marvix(m): 8:50pm On May 07, 2010
Yes Yayale is new VP nd dis is anoda piece of d Jonathans presidency puzzle.

Yayale wld lik 2 remain VP for 4 more years nd he has d clout 2 sell Jonathan to d north.

Jonathan slowly nd steadily u will get there.
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by MaiSuya(m): 9:16pm On May 07, 2010
No confirmation yet.
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by otokx(m): 9:26pm On May 07, 2010
confirmation how?
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by rasputinn(m): 10:16pm On May 07, 2010
Good choice
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by Fogman(m): 11:38pm On May 07, 2010
@ poster, where did u get the info. I have listened to news cast by all media and nothing of such. Even in Channels Tv 10pm news, Yalaye distance himself from the jostling of VP position.
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by Fogman(m): 11:46pm On May 07, 2010
@ poster, where did u get the info. I have listened to news cast by all media and nothing of such. Even in Channels Tv 10pm news, Yalaye distance himself from the jostling of VP position.
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by bibiking1(m): 12:03am On May 08, 2010
This news piece is deceitful! Up till now no OFFICIAL Vice President for the country!
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by Nobody: 12:09am On May 08, 2010
Fogman I don't know surely who will be picked but what Yayale said simply does not mean anything.

He may be applying Joe Biden's playbook. "I am not the guy" . . . . . .well finally Joe Biden turned out to be the guy.

In political terms it does not mean telling lies; it simply means allowing your employer the dignity and respect to announce your appointment.

ABC News:

ABC News' Z. Byron Wolf and Jennifer Parker reports: As Delaware Sen. Joe Biden was leaving his house in Wilmington this afternoon, he slowed down and said to the gathered news reporters outside his home: "You guys have got better things to do, I'm not the guy."

Members of the news media camped outside his Wilmington home today as speculation swirled that Biden is on Democratic Sen. Barack Obama's short list of vice presidential candidates.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/19/joe-biden-tells-reporters_n_119937.html
Re: Yayale is Nigeria's new V.P by Wilfem(m): 7:00am On May 08, 2010
Just to clear the dust that this post is nothing but a false one.
Jonathan will appoint the Vp on tuesday
source: www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201005086492998

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian First Ladies: / Fake Soldier Roams The Villa / Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.