Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

The BROKEN PITCH - A Poem By Nkemjika Okeke - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The BROKEN PITCH - A Poem By Nkemjika Okeke (335 Views)

A Short Story Of Mekhane The Broken God: SCP Universe / The Devils Lair - Episode 1 : A Story By Nkemjika Okeke / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The BROKEN PITCH - A Poem By Nkemjika Okeke by nkem12345(m): 11:28am On Apr 04, 2018
We stood and watched as she looked up
And wondered if her eyes were blue.
Our backs off chairs and butts off seats ,
We held our breathe with ease .
She stood and cried and her voice was wild ,
For the thoughts it evoked blew time.
Ah! the vision that kept spinning in my head poured out from the jar of my soul.
What pity! What loss! An infinite hush !
Her emotions played strange music to my heart.
It found its way through the darkness of past and arrived at our claps and our cheers .
Deep down within , we knew the truth
And held its light away .
For her voice ! O her voice !
And for all that it sang ,
Was like the drunk on a market day .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Creative Writers / Be Good / Crushed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.