Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Burning Question 5(was This Not Daylight Robbery?) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Burning Question 5(was This Not Daylight Robbery?) (320 Views)

Burning Question 3(was Moses Truly Born In Egypt?) / Burning Question 2 ( What Were Their Names?) / Burning Question(scholars, Do Come In) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Burning Question 5(was This Not Daylight Robbery?) by Thenewtruth: 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hi everyone. Another day another burning question.

Background : The children of Israel can all trace their roots to the 12 sons of Jacob. So they are all group into 12 houses. The exception was Joseph, the man who brought them down to Egypt in the first place. Joseph's is divided into 2 houses making 13 houses. So when they go for war, the spoils were supposed to be divided into 13 but Moses lay down a law that one of the houses should be dedicated to keeping of God's house. Guess the house? The house Aaron and Moses came from....The Levites. They don't do hard labor but they eat the fattest share. The suppose share meant for God is theirs. Anyway that's not where I am going. In Exodus 13:11-12

And it shall be, when the Lord brings you into the land of the Canaanites, as He swore to you and your fathers, and gives it to you, that you shall set apart to the Lord all that open the womb, that is, every firstborn that comes from an animal which you have; the males shall be the Lord's.

The above was the general law but someone is definitely above the law. Let's see Numbers 3:44-48

Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: “Take the Levites instead of all the firstborn among the children of Israel, and the livestock of the Levites instead of their livestock. The Levites shall be Mine: I am the Lord. And for the redemption of the two hundred and seventy-three of the firstborn of the children of Israel, who are more than the number of the Levites, you shall take five shekels for each one individually; you shall take them in the currency of the shekel of the sanctuary, the shekel of twenty gerahs. And you shall give the money, with which the excess number of them is redeemed, to Aaron and his sons.”

Let me highlight 3 things from the above :

1.He excluded his supposed family from the law of first born giving by God using God's name.

2. After excluding them, he tasked the other houses for the Levites being excluded.

3. The money raised was given to Aaron and his sons. Knowing what we know, how sure are we Aaron was not a front for Moses knowing it will be too obvious if he tells them to bring the money to him. And the reason he excluded the Levites was to keep the mouth of Aaron's shut.

Burning Question: Is this not the greatest ponzi scheme ever run?
Re: Burning Question 5(was This Not Daylight Robbery?) by Masama: 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
Madness comes in different forms
Re: Burning Question 5(was This Not Daylight Robbery?) by blessedvisky(m): 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2018
Thenewtruth:
Hi everyone. Another day another burning question.

Background : The children of Israel can all trace their roots to the 12 sons of Jacob. So they are all group into 12 houses. The exception was Joseph, the man who brought them down to Egypt in the first place. Joseph's is divided into 2 houses making 13 houses. So when they go for war, the spoils were supposed to be divided into 13 but Moses lay down a law that one of the houses should be dedicated to keeping of God's house. Guess the house? The house Aaron and Moses came from....The Levites. They don't do hard labor but they eat the fattest share. The suppose share meant for God is theirs. Anyway that's not where I am going. In Exodus 13:11-12

The above was the general law but someone is definitely above the law. Let's see Numbers 3:44-48

Let me highlight 3 things from the above :

1.He excluded his supposed family from the law of first born giving by God using God's name.

2. After excluding them, he tasked the other houses for the Levites being excluded.

3. The money raised was given to Aaron and his sons. Knowing what we know, how sure are we Aaron was not a front for Moses knowing it will be too obvious if he tells them to bring the money to him. And the reason he excluded the Levites was to keep the mouth of Aaron's shut.

Burning Question: Is this not the greatest ponzi scheme ever run?
I don't understand. Moses was never known to be lascivious or extravagant. The money most likely went into constructing the things needed for God's Tabernacle

(1) (Reply)

"I Thought His Buttocks Was Ice-cream!!!"---pastor Who Made Boy Sit On His Face / Prophet Samuel Akinbodunse Hits Namibia For A Four Day Miracle Tour / Why Are You Here? Reason Behind The Creation Of Mankind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.