Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,148 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Igbo , Enugu And The Raped Girls....lies Or Truth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo , Enugu And The Raped Girls....lies Or Truth (487 Views)

Female Soldier Raped & Impregnated By Bandits Dismissed By Army. She Appeals / Lagos-Ibadan Rail: Don't Just Sit, Follow Us & Burst Our Lies Or Truth - Amaechi / APC Shifts Governorship Primaries For Lagos, Enugu And Adamawa States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Igbo , Enugu And The Raped Girls....lies Or Truth by ariesbull: 10:01pm On Apr 04, 2018
Charles Ogbu

If you want to know WHY and HOW we ended up with Buhari as our President, all you need do is take a look at the quality of our social media argument.

For 4 days now, the social media has been agog with a story about alleged rape of 20 GIRLS IN FRONT OF THEIR BOY FRIENDS in Enugu state few days ago during a music show organized by the popular singer, Flavour at Okpala Square, Enugu.

Based on this UNCONFIRMED rape case, some have dubbed Enugu state the rape capital while some have embarked on "Facebook survey" to validate their position that if Igbo men stop raping women, Nigeria will be cured of her rape ailment.

In all these, I'm petrified and ashamed at the same time that none of these "Igbo men are rapist" gang have bothered to do such a basic thing as,

ESTABLISH THAT A SINGLE RAPE CASE ACTUALLY HAPPENED AT THE VENUE OF THE CONCERT ON THE 31ST OF MARCH.

No witness!

Not a single victim has come forward even to the police! (I've been in Enugu since 27th. I'm still here and according to the official police statement, they are investigating just ONE case of ATTEMPTED rape. (They have a suspect in custody already)

In a nutshell, 20 women were raped IN PRESENCE OF THEIR BOYFRIENDS who were beaten and over-powered, in a concert attended by big shots in an area as open as Michael Okpala square and THERE IS NO SINGLE WITNESS other than an Instagram post by some faceless lady

Not even the boyfriends of the "rape victims" who were supposedly beaten and injured could be traced??

And

Nigerians who lay claim to education are relying on this to insult Igbo men with statistics generated from their bigoted minds?

This morning on Chinaify Onyeabo 'wall, a female friend was summoned to come support her 20 women rape claim and all she did was paste an Instagram screenshot of a lady talking about the alleged rape as her evidence that 20 girls were raped in Enugu. She was even asking if this "Instagram evidence" was photoshopped. Funny, isn't it?

And you wonder how some Nigerian lawyers would quickly go to court to prosecute a murder case with no murder victim!

Meanwhile, thank you Anozie Ebirim for quickly proving that there are still people who have deep respect for facts and statistics with the official rape statistics you provided from Punch newspaper.

Official rape statistics 2015: the one available to Punch Newspapers:

"Lagos was on top of the rape record in 2015 with 513 cases, followed by Delta, 205; Kano 189; Katsina 120; Ogun 76; Ondo 68 and Edo, 55.

Others are FCT 44; Ebonyi 41; Cross River 40; Bauchi 38; Oyo 35; Kaduna 33; Anambra 33; Bayelsa 31; Niger 29; Enugu 28; Plateau 25; Yobe and Zamfara, 21; Borno 20; Jigawa 18; Imo 17, Kogi 15 and Gombe 12."

It's such a walking shame that tribal bigotry and hate-induced envy has blinded many to the fact that there is something called NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS.

Note: for those genuinely interested in fighting rape, please, look beyond the horde of almagamated zombies pursuing a vendetta against Igbo men here. Help me with any verifiable info on anyone who witnessed the alleged rape of even a single girl and trust me, we will put Enugu police on hot seat until they prosecute those involved satisfactorily. Even the governor will not sleep until the victim (s) receive justice IF THERE WAS INDEED A RAPE INCIDENT.
Re: Igbo , Enugu And The Raped Girls....lies Or Truth by adadike(f): 10:06pm On Apr 04, 2018
Why am I hearing this for d very first time?
Re: Igbo , Enugu And The Raped Girls....lies Or Truth by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 04, 2018
Lol. All these statistics don't prove that 20 girls weren't raped in Enugu.

You are trying too hard.

That 20 girls were raped in Enugu in one night doesn't mean that all Igbo men are rapists. It'd be dumb to make that conclusion.

But coming here with statistics of rape cases of other states in the federation shows you are trying too hard indeed.

I hope you understand that most women who are raped never report such cases to the police. So your statistics is just an engagement in futility.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Military Is Suffering From A Crises Of Strategy. / Ahman-patigi Condoles Etsu Patigi Over Staff Death. / Fighting Corruption Dangerous, Okonjo-iweala Declares In New Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.