Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

“I Am An Oba And Will Remain An Oba For Life” – Oluwo Of Iwo Land - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / “I Am An Oba And Will Remain An Oba For Life” – Oluwo Of Iwo Land (720 Views)

Photos Of Oba Elegushi, Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Land / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos / Photos: Oluwo Of Iwo Land Is All Shades Of Handsome In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Am An Oba And Will Remain An Oba For Life” – Oluwo Of Iwo Land by MRPOSSIBLE11(m): 2:49am On Apr 05, 2018
During an interview on Rave FM on Tuesday with Mr Adefila, Oluwo of Iwo Land, Oba Abdul Rasheed was asked about the latest Emir adoption Saga. He was asked when you assume the throne of your forefather you said you can be regarded as Emperor. The emperor also generated some reactions and the latest one is the adoption of Emir Adoption.

Oluwo said; “I want to thank God the highest for everything. Also, I want to thank for today, I want to thank God for yesterday and I want to God forever. I will never do anything without the inspiration of God. I give glory to Him. What is the meaning of adoption? The way Newspapers today twist things is very saddened. They said I abandoned Oba, how would you abandon who you are. It is not possible. How can you abandon Oba for Emir?”

“What is Emir? What is Oba and what is King? Oba is our own language and word. Traditionally and historically I am an Oba and will remain an Oba for life. There are many people who have their hidden agenda who want to twist our words. I don’t pay for the advert or pay for recognition or for people to know me everywhere (popularity).”

“In the world now, everybody knows me, it is those bad belle people that spread rumour and they are letting people know me. I don’t pay for publicity, they (enemies) are the one promoting me. I thank them for that.” Oluwo of Iwo land said.

Oluwo of Iwo, Oba AbdulRasheed Adewale Akanbi, in his reactions however said he did not abandon the Oba title for Emir. The monarch said he words were twisted by enemies. He said, he only loves the unity and love among Emirs in the Northern part of Nigeria which is lacking among the traditional Yoruba rulers.

Oba Akanbi said; “I didn’t say I abandoned Oba I can never abandon it. If you see what I wear, a king in Nigeria that wears it is rare. My crown is lovely and beautiful and I have even upgraded my own style of dressing. It is so beautiful that the Emirs love it.”

He continued: “What I said, I am going to adopt the kind of ways and life of Emirs. The Oba, King, Obi, Emir and Igwe are the heads. They are the heads of all the men even the politicians. If the head is not right, there is a problem.”

“The heads in the Northern part, you will never see any kind of bitterness or reporting each other for politicians, they don’t do that. I want our Obas in Yoruba land to do the same. For me to take a step, I want to adopt that kind of ways. I would become a king that would bring peace and unity. We are the heads of the Yoruba nation, if we are having the problem and not united then our children can never be united.”

Source: https://elitethrive.com/oluwo-remain-oba/

Cc;
Fynestboi

Re: “I Am An Oba And Will Remain An Oba For Life” – Oluwo Of Iwo Land by Validcode: 2:53am On Apr 05, 2018
Ok
Re: “I Am An Oba And Will Remain An Oba For Life” – Oluwo Of Iwo Land by OneCorner: 3:29am On Apr 05, 2018
igwe, obi, emir doesn't equate to Oba.
igwe and obi are just like baale.
emir, more like a Muslim head

nobody should argue with me, i don't have time
Re: “I Am An Oba And Will Remain An Oba For Life” – Oluwo Of Iwo Land by mrtomola(m): 6:22am On Apr 05, 2018
OneCorner:
igwe, obi, emir doesn't equate to Oba.
igwe and obi are just like baale.
emir, more like a Muslim head

nobody should argue with me, i don't have time

Oya Onecorner Onecorner grin

(1) (Reply)

I was banned for saying my mind / Truth / Pre Colonia Igbo Relationship With Benin And Itsekiri By Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.