Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Accusing Igbos Of Spreading Drug Abuse In The North Is Hate Speech - HURIWA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accusing Igbos Of Spreading Drug Abuse In The North Is Hate Speech - HURIWA (426 Views)

Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring / Nigeria’s Top Politicians With A History Of Spreading Fake News / Accusing The Igbos Of Spreading Drug Abuse In The North Is Hate Speech - HURIWA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Accusing Igbos Of Spreading Drug Abuse In The North Is Hate Speech - HURIWA by meethumb: 2:26pm On Apr 05, 2018
The Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria, HURIWA, has dragged a Mass communications lecturer of the Bayero University Kano, Malam Bala Mohammed to President Muhammadu Buhari over statement that the Igbo are behind the escalation of drug abuse in the North.

ABACITYBLOG reports that a University Don, Malam Bala Mohammed, had recently accused the Igbo people as responsible for drug abuse prevalent among youths in the Northern part of Nigeria.

Mohammed quoted Results from the latest NOI Poll, according to him, showed that 9 in 10 Nigerians believe the highest abusers of drugs and substance are teenagers and young adults aged between 15 and 29 years old.

Thereby, he alleged that available statistics point to at these “unscrupulous Igbo drug dealers as the brain behind the scourge”.

Reacting over the statement, HURIWA, a Human Rights Organisation, dragged Mohammed to the Education minister Malam Adamu Adamu, the National University Commission, NUC, and the National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, demanding his suspension and prosecution for spreading hate message against Igbo ethnicity.

Source: https://abacityblog.com/2018/04/accusing-igbos-of-spreading-drug-abuse-in-the-north-is-hate-speech-huriwa.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accusing Igbos Of Spreading Drug Abuse In The North Is Hate Speech - HURIWA by haryorbarmie83(m): 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2018
Says who? My brothers in the north drug pass my brothers in the east.
Re: Accusing Igbos Of Spreading Drug Abuse In The North Is Hate Speech - HURIWA by Kingpee2(m): 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2018
You know na,Igbo’s surname’s should end with drug peddling,go to Indonesia and Singapore ,my fellow Igbos know what I mean ....NNa manh,Ooga Diro.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Nladers / Umeh's Performance In The Senate Is Highly Encouraging – Prince Oduche / Antonio Conte's Press Conference Interrupted By Phone-call From His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.