Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria (1426 Views)

Impunity! Air Force Officer Pummels Female Doctor. Breaks Her Skull! / Igbo Women Rise Against Abuse And Human Rights Violation By Igbo Men / Day Care Child Abuse Video: Parents Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria by AloyEmeka5: 11:35pm On May 07, 2010
PEDOPHILIA, FEMALE ENSLAVEMENT, CHILD ABUSE AND IMPUNITY IN NIGERIA:
SENATOR YERIMA THE POSTER DIRTY OLD MAN

Nigeria shame
Emeka Njoku Thursday, May 6, 2010
eanjoku@yahoo.com
London, Canada

The world is full of evil not because of those who do evil, but because of those who sit and let happen (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr)

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2010/may/061.html

igeria sank to a new low when "distinguished senator" Sani Yerima of the Federal Republic of Nigeria bought a 13 year old girl from Egypt for $10,000 as a sex property (disguised as marriage). This affair cannot be called marriage because both Egyptian, Nigeria laws and the Child Rights Act 2003 makes it illegal to marry a girl under 18. The real issues here are pedophilia (mental disorder), child slavery (buying a human being for sexual property), child abuse, child rape and human trafficking (criminal offences).

The Nigeria senate through its spokesman, one senator Eze, said that Yerima's criminally insane activity was his "private affair". Upon subsequent public outcry and pressures from women advocacy groups and the Human Rights Commission, the senate referred the matter to its ethics committee just to bury it instead of referring it to the police for arrest, criminal investigations and prosecution.

The culture of arrogance, lawlessness and impunity by the political/power class must stop. Yerima has subsequently explained through BBC interview that he is bound only by Islamic laws, forget that he swore to uphold the constitution of Nigeria as the supreme law of the land and the so-called marriage took place in the Nigerian capital Abuja. According to Yerima, he was merely following his Prophet in Islam and anyone criticizing Yerima's pedophilia and criminality was attacking Islam. Yerima and his kind who hide under religion to commit heinous crimes and atrocities should know that some of us are not intimidated by foreign religions (Islam or Christianity) and are sick and tired of terrorism (e.g. Jos mayhem), crimes and child abuse, child rape and child trafficking. No one can hide under "religion" in the 21st century especially serial pedophiles and criminally insane who have hijacked Nigeria as the political/power overlords.

However, this issue and the assertions by Yerima raised a number of questions:

Why did the Nigerian senate not suspend Yerima for rubbishing the senate, Nigerian constitution, penal laws and international laws, or breaking his oath of office by saying that he is only bound by Islamic laws?
Why did the Nigeria senate not expel Yerima for disgracing and portraying senators as lawbreakers and for engaging in conduct unbecoming of a senator? Didn't the senate president rightly tell new ministers who were senators that their individual performance would reflect on the senate and senators? I assume the senators see nothing wrong with buying babies as intimacy gadgets or slaves disguised as "marriage" or lawbreaking as most Nigerian public office holders do it and see themselves as above the law with impunity.
Is it true that the Prophet also "married" baby bride as claimed by Yerima? If not:
Why haven't those Nigerian Islamic jihadists/extremists who accused a Christian fashion reporter of "blaspheming' the Prophet for saying that the Prophet would have liked the beautiful women and then massacred innocent Nigerians Christians the during the cancelled Miss World Pageant 2002 done the same to Yerima and innocent Nigerian Muslims? Why the silence, double standards and hypocrisy.
The federal government is also an accomplice with Yerima for its silence and inaction. The government should have made it clear that child abuse and child "marriage' is totally unaccepted by arresting and charging him to court to send a strong message. What "evidence" does the government need? Do they not have the Immigration Landing papers, passports and Abuja mosque imam and eye witnesses including senators who attended the "marriage" ceremony? Do they not have Yerima's own admission that he is following only Islamic laws and the Prophet not Nigerian laws? Do they not have evidence of Yerima's earlier "marriage" to another 15year old whom he disposed like used toilet paper to "marry" this younger 13 year old? Why did the government not cancel Yerima's official passport to show its disapproval of his pedophilia and disregard for Nigerian laws? Any government really serious about fighting certain evils in Nigeria and improving Nigeria's horrific international image would have taken serious actions against Yerima and other public office holders breaking the laws with impunity.

Why did the ministry of health not weigh in on this matter? Does it not know the health consequences of dirty old men's pedophilia or so-called "marriage" to babies? Maybe its solution to this health problem is to build more specialized VVF "hospitals" (actually mortuaries) for women in northern Nigeria? As a former director in a northern Nigeria hospital, I vividly remember the dehumanized images and my revulsion when these dirty old men abandoned these baby brides as an "embarrassment" after they become incontinent from VVF. The Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) should be more preoccupied with real health problems facing the masses particularly women and children instead of perpetuating primitive unfair power strange hold over other health professions.

Why hasn't Dora the minister of "rebranding" who is also a woman publicly condemn Yerima for denting Nigeria's international image and sabotaging the "rebranding" nonsense? One cannot "rebrand" Nigeria as long as arrogant corrupt psychiatric public office holders like Yerima are unleashing their evil animalistic criminality with impunity while the rest of the world watches with disbelief and horror. As I say nowadays, please spare me any further Nigerian rubbish and horrors.

Yerima, the apostle of Shari as former governor in Zamfara, who had a man's hand cut off for stealing cow, should have his penis cut off for far more heinous crimes- child rape, child abuse, pedophilia and sexual slavery of a minor and human trafficking.

I salute all who are doing something to end the ill-treatment, endangerment, dehumanization and buying of our women and girls as sexual objects and property disguised as "marriage" or religion/culture. Slavery, pedophilia, child abuse, child rape and human trafficking are evil and crimes regardless. If Nigeria is really serious about fighting evil and crimes then it should start protecting women and babies. Action please!

Peace to all.
Re: Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria by harakiri(m): 3:16am On May 08, 2010
As much as i take offense in people getting involved with under aged kids, it's still the norm in these part of the world.Nobody would arrest you for marrying a girl below 16 years of age.Actually back in the day, our men married girls between the ages of 8-12 years old and i am not talking about the Northerners. . .i mean down here in the south.

There might be some changes in the future but for now, it's not a crime.
Re: Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria by ChinenyeN(m): 3:23am On May 08, 2010
Infringing on a people's culture. . . bigots.
Re: Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria by AloyEmeka5: 12:13pm On May 08, 2010
harakiri:

As much as i take offense in people getting involved with under aged kids, it's still the norm in these part of the world.Nobody would arrest you for marrying a girl below 16 years of age.Actually back in the day, our men married girls between the ages of 8-12 years old and i am not talking about the Northerners. . .i mean down here in the south.

There might be some changes in the future but for now, it's not a crime.

You are very right but culture should change as the human mind progresses. Underaged girls were allowed to marry in the west especially in Britain and when I say under aged, I mean 8-9 years back in the days.
Re: Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria by ChinenyeN(m): 2:22pm On May 08, 2010
It's more like, culture changes as the people change (views, outlook, values, location, new situations, circumstance, etc. -- all mainly external factors); not necessarily as the mind progresses.
Re: Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria by AloyEmeka5: 3:35pm On May 08, 2010
ChinenyeN:

It's more like, culture changes as the people change (views, outlook, values, location, new situations, circumstance, etc. -- all mainly external factors); not necessarily as the mind progresses.

Aren't some of the things listed by you the factors that foster the progression of the human mind?. How will your values change if your mind is stagnant?. Your behavior may change but not your values.
Re: Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria by ChinenyeN(m): 8:05pm On May 08, 2010
Believe it or not, the human mind has been non-progressive for the longest time. Our capacity to learn, understand and develop has not changed. The only kind of "progress" made is how we interpret and interact (both of which are primarily passed down to us) with our environment. Aside from that, our minds have not progressed at all. We've been at our current mental level for as long as we've been human.

That said, cultures can still hold values, beliefs and understandings such as young marriage.
Re: Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria by AloyEmeka5: 12:43am On May 09, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Believe it or not, the human mind has been non-progressive for the longest time. Our capacity to learn, understand and develop has not changed. The only kind of "progress" made is how we interpret and interact (both of which are primarily passed down to us) with our environment. Aside from that, our minds have not progressed at all. We've been at our current mental level for as long as we've been human.

That said, cultures can still hold values, beliefs and understandings such as young marriage.

Only in Ngwaland.
Re: Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria by ChinenyeN(m): 1:25am On May 09, 2010
So, can you not avoid making a discussion useless? I came here, just to discuss the issue of cultural infringement & mental capacity, and you want to begin insults, when the discussion has barely even begun? If you'd rather not discuss, then just say so, rather than resulting to "tribalistic" childishness.

For the record, I remain a proud Ngwa, and your comment above, as well as those of many other pan-Igbo-ists here on Nairaland, and outside of Nairaland, further exemplifies why pan-Igbo-ists have 'til date, failed in fulfilling their pan-Igbo agenda (but that is another discussion).

Just let me know if/when you're ready to stop being childish and discuss what I actually came here to discuss.
Re: Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria by AloyEmeka5: 2:51am On May 09, 2010
ChinenyeN:

So, can you not avoid making a discussion useless? I came here, just to discuss the issue of cultural infringement & mental capacity, and you want to begin insults, when the discussion has barely even begun? If you'd rather not discuss, then just say so, rather than resulting to "tribalistic" childishness.

For the record, I remain a proud Ngwa, and your comment above, as well as those of many other pan-Igbo-ists here on Nairaland, and outside of Nairaland, further exemplifies why pan-Igbo-ists have 'til date, failed in fulfilling their pan-Igbo agenda (but that is another discussion).

Just let me know if/when you're ready to stop being childish and discuss what I actually came here to discuss.

You are pan igboist and so what?. The human mind is either progressive or retrogressive. If our mental capability is stagnant, why do people tend to be retrogressive mentally when they do drugs or go through mental shock?
Re: Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria by ChinenyeN(m): 3:17am On May 09, 2010
Actually, no. I'm not pan-Igbo (now, let's move back to the actual topic).

Aloy+Emeka:

The human mind is either progressive or retrogressive. If our mental capability is stagnant, why do people tend to be retrogressive mentally when they do drugs or go through mental shock?

Actually, such behaviors have little to nothing to do with someone's mental capacity. The role of someone's mental capacity, in this scenario is knowing and understanding the risks involved (all people are capable of this). The decision that people takes depends on what someone knows as well as what matters (or what doesn't matter) to them. We can all go to school and obtain higher education. Just because some don't care to, doesn't mean that they can't. Change doesn't depend on people's mental capacity. It depends on what matters (or what doesn't matter) to them, based off what they already know. This is exactly how/why there will be just as many reactions to one situation, as there will be people reacting to that situation.
Re: Pedophilia, Female Enslavement, Child Abuse And Impunity In Nigeria by chiozor: 4:00pm On May 17, 2010
ChinenyeN:

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Mutilated Body Of Hunchback Dumped In Bush / Herbalist, Osayamwen, Popularly Known As Dr. 2+2, Commits Suicide In Benin City / Breaking: Lautech Female Student Found Dead In Under-g Area, Brain Removed, Armp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.