Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (15459 Views)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Missmossy(f): 7:04pm On May 01, 2018
Such a captivating piece, keep it coming cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:36pm On May 02, 2018
Chapter 12

Monday came and Tolu was a no show in class. She called his phone that night, but he didn’t pick up. When she called the next morning, his phone was switched off. She went off to see her guardians, the Ogundeji’s later that day, and slept over at their place. When she left their house early Wednesday morning, she planned to drive straight to Tolu’s house.

Ever since she got back from the field trip, everything that used to give her pleasure didn’t excite her anymore. The drinking, the partying, boys; they were all meaningless to her now. In fact, she wondered if they ever really gave her joy, or they just helped as medication for some issues she kept buried deep within her.

A couple of cars were parked just outside Tolu’s house and she had to drive a little further down the road to park. She turned off the car engine and practiced what she was going to say in her head for a few seconds before stepping out of the car. She had a blue t shirt, and a long, red, floral patterned Ankara skirt on. She didn’t know if she was going to run into his mom and wanted to appear as decent as possible.

Suzy came running along as Tiwatope walked into the compound and she wondered why the dog was never kept on a leash; she was such a healthy looking dog. She guessed it was true what they say about dogs never forgetting people’s smell as Suzy was wagging her tail all excited as she ran up to her. Tiwatope robbed the Alsatian’s head lightly and proceeded to the house entrance. The front door was open, and she could see a lot of people inside. She felt like turning back as she didn’t like crowds, but it was too late as a slim middle aged woman in black caftan was already approaching the door. Tiwatope took the two steps up to the front door’s platform before saying, “Good afternoon ma. I came to see Tolu.” She heard an echo of ‘aww’ inside the house. The woman sighed and started shaking her head slowly with her eyes closed, as if fighting back tears. When she opened her eyes, she said, “Tolu is gone.”
Tiwatope held on to the burglary gate in front of the door for support as she felt she was going to slump. She heard what the woman said loud and clear, but she didn’t want to believe it. “Gone? You mean he has gone to class?” Tiwatope said. Another chorused ‘aww’ could be heard in the house.
“Tolu died in India yesterday.” The woman said.
“Ma, I’m talking of Tolu Adegoke.” Tiwatope said with a shaky voice. “I dropped him off here last week Friday. He is slim, tall, and likes to smile.”
“I’m his mother. Tolu is dead.” The woman said and burst into tears. A chubby lady appeared from inside, held Tolu’s mom and slowly led her back inside the house.

Tiwatope was in a state of shock now as she walked into the house. There were about a dozen people in the living room, mostly women, wailing and crying. She recognized Tolu’s father and walked up to him. He was sitting by the dining table, looking drained. “Sir, please is Tolu in his room? Please tell me he is in his room.” She said with a quivering voice. The man looked frail in the grey suit he had on. He looked up at her and shook his head. Tiwatope finally broke down in tears. Tolu's mom walked up to her and held her in a tight embrace as the two of them cried uncontrollable. “Please tell me Tolu is okay.” Tiwatope kept repeating between tears.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Missmossy(f): 7:56pm On May 02, 2018
Awww such a big loss embarassed gone too soon.

3 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 7:56pm On May 02, 2018
Tolu dead!!!!! Was he sick? Thanks for the update sir, pls more updates, I need to know what really happened to Tolu

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by skubido(m): 10:36pm On May 02, 2018
Haaaa, tolu die, Nawa ooo and tiwa don dey change cuz tolu ooo, o ga oo

Tanks a lot for d update, God bless

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by tolfa(m): 4:09am On May 03, 2018
taking another twist...or Na suspense?....we will know
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 03, 2018
I know Tolu is not dead.
Nice update Sir.

3 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by emperorblog(m): 6:28pm On May 03, 2018
HD Vision Visor
As Seen on TV
The only “dual lens” sun and nighttime glare blocking visor!
HD Vision Visor™, as seen on TV, drops down from your car's visor to block glare from headlights, streetlights, and the blinding sun. It is the only sun visor that reduces glare and turns your vision into “high definition”. Not only is this drop down visor HD, it's the only visor with a dual lens so you can block glare both during the day and at night. HD Visor has the same technology as the
hot selling Night Driving glasses on the market.
Traditional car visors block your view but HD Visor cuts glare while still allowing you to see in front of you, and with the HD technology you will see with better clarity. With HD Vision Visor you'll get glare-free driving day or night!
Other glare visors being sold are simply tinted plastic, while HD Vision Visor offers true glare protection, just like high quality sunglasses. No need to remember your sunglasses or nighttime glasses in your car anymore, just flip down your HD Vision Visor!
HD Vision Visor is the ONLY visor on the market that includes the exclusive NIGHT DRIVING lens in addition to the HD VISION Day lens!
HD Vision Visor Features and Benefits...
See with HD clarity
Blocks glare during the day and night
Includes night driving lens and day lens
True glare protection, not just tinted plastic
Easy to install and use
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by emperorblog(m): 6:29pm On May 03, 2018
read cool,and,interesting story here

www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:23pm On May 06, 2018
Chapter 13

She couldn’t ask anyone how he died, but from eavesdropping, she got to know that he had been sick for a while, and had died of cardiac arrest during his surgery in India yesterday. Now she understood why he would always zone out on her during the trip. The belief of impending doom always overwhelmed him.

After crying on an off for about half an hour, she decided it was time to leave as more people were trooping in every minute. She got off her seat, walked across the room, knelt beside his mom, and held her in a tight embrace. “What’s your name?” Tolu’s mom whispered in her ear.
“Tiwatope.” She answered as she slowly pulled away from the woman.
“Okay Tiwa. Thanks for sticking around.”
“Take care ma.” She said and flashed a quick smile before turning around and walking out of the house.

She was almost by her car when she heard a female voice from behind her say, “Hello.” She turned around and saw a lanky girl dressed casually in jeans and rumpled looking grey tank top staring at her. “You’re Tiwatope, right?” The girl said. Her voice sounded croaky like she had been crying.
“Yes.” Tiwatope answered as she put her right hand above her head to shield her eyes from the sun.
“I’m Tolani, Tolu’s sister.” The girl said, but Tiwatope had already figured that out.
“It’s nice to meet you, Tolani.” Tiwatope said as her eyes went to the small, brown rectangular envelope in the girl’s hand.
“He wanted you to have this.” She said and handed the envelope over to Tiwatope. “He gave me before he left the house.” She added. Tiwatope turned it around and saw her name written at the back in bold letters.
“Thank you.”
“You are welcome.”
There was an awkward silence for a few seconds as the girls stared at each other. Tiwatope broke the silence with, “Can I have your number? I’d like to talk to you some time.”
“Okay. Let me have your phone.”
They exchanged numbers, said their goodbyes, and Tiwatope walked off to her car. She tore open the envelope and pulled out the letter immediately she got into the car.
The letter read…
‘Hey Tiwababy, if you are reading this, then it means I am gone. I’ve gone to the land beyond. As I write this letter, I am scheduled to travel to India on Monday for a Liver transplant, but my chances of surviving it are slim as I am in a critical stage of liver damage called liver cirrhosis. I also have a weak heart, and a bad kidney. We had to search for months before we found a doctor that agreed to operate on me, and even he told us he couldn’t fully guarantee I would survive the operation as my other vital organs have been badly damaged too. I could die from cardiac arrest during the surgery, infections afterwards, or my body could refuse the liver.

I know you are thinking, ‘why go ahead with a surgery when you've been told you might die in process?’ Well, if I don’t do it, my situation would get worse and I would die in a couple of years anyway. Yes, what a sad story. But don’t feel pity for me; I brought it all on myself. After ending my first year in civil engineering with a 1.9 CGPA, and disappointing my dad, I got depressed and addicted to codeine. I took it further by crushing Tramadol and Refnol, and adding to my codeine. The guys that introduced me to the drug warned me that I was going too far, but I didn’t listen till I damaged more than half the vital organs in my body. I lost massive weight, was fatigued all the time, and had to transfer to geography department when I could no longer cope with studies in engineering.

After my mom dragged me to the hospital for a checkup and a series of tests were run, they found out how far gone I was. My mom didn’t want to go the surgery route at first, so we tried alternative means, and I started taking warm garlic, lemon, and ginger water every morning as prescribed by the herbal practitioner we consulted with. The concoction helped me feel much better, but it didn't really heal my already damaged organs. My dad had to sell all his real estate and shares to come up with the thirty million naira for my surgery.

The night we had our first encounter in front of your friend’s house, I was actually going to kill myself as I had become suicidal. My plan was to walk across the bush path to the Lagos lagoon, and drown myself. I had a rat in a trap, and once I released it, Suzy went chasing it. That was the only way I could distract her and get my plan done. But then, you showed up from nowhere, and literally fell into my arms. Right at that moment, I felt the urge to live again, even if just a few days or weeks.

I had been watching you from afar all along, and I knew you were living a reckless life, but deep down, I knew you were a good person. Aren’t we all?

Of course I couldn’t just walk up to you and tell you to change your ways; you wouldn’t listen to me. So, I came up with a plan; I believed that if I showed you enough attention and genuine love, you might just reconsider your ways. That’s why I started following you about and showering you with positive energy. Even though I pissed you off at the beginning, I knew it would only take a matter of time before I got to you, because essentially, all human beings just want to be loved.

That was my plan; it was full proof in my head, but what I didn’t know was that I was going to start developing strong feelings for you. It hurt me so much to think that I might not be around long enough to keep enjoying your company. The reason I walked off so fast and didn’t turn around the last time we saw was because I didn’t want you to see me cry. I wish things could have worked better for us. I wish I had gotten to know you before I ruined my life, but then, maybe our paths wouldn’t have crossed if things went that way.

Tiwatope, I know how you must feel right now, considering the fact that you lost your dad just recently, but I don’t want you to let my death get you depressed. I want you to keep on living. Let the brief time we spent together mean something to you and fuel you to be a great person; someone that would touch the lives of millions of people in a positive way. I know you have greatness in you. I know that for a fact.

My dad is calling my name right now as he wants to drive me down to my uncle’s house from where I would be traveling, so I have to stop writing now and give the letter to my sister, Tolani, who will give it to you. I love you and will always be with you in the spirit.

Tolu.’

The letter was soaked in tears by the time she finished reading it.

4 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 06, 2018
Well done sir... But you just made me sad. I hope Tiwa is dreaming, cause i can't believe Tolu is dead.

5 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 1:50pm On May 06, 2018
embarassed embarassed embarassedSooooo sad

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by emperorblog(m): 2:53pm On May 06, 2018
make your sunday lively read cool and interesting story here www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by bimberry1307(f): 3:02pm On May 06, 2018
I sincerely hope she's Dreaming too o. Haba! how can he just die like that? they never even start anything and he don die. OMo, e gats to be dream jare.

2 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Ibunkun1(m): 3:11pm On May 06, 2018
Shit! That Was Damn Too Emotional

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by YINKS89(m): 4:17pm On May 06, 2018
D letter actually got to me.. I almost cried.

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by skubido(m): 5:07pm On May 06, 2018
Hmmmmmm, no ga o

Tanks for d update, jah bless

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by paulohgirlie(f): 5:57pm On May 06, 2018
C me crying like Titatope over here cool

Hummmmmmm, wat a life!!!

Can u c how Codeine nd Tramadol destroyed a man with brighter future.

@Kayo80, remain blessed

Thx for d updates, expecting moreeee grin

2 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by queenitee(f): 7:28pm On May 06, 2018
Why would Tolu die? why? it's a lie

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Adelodun24: 7:36pm On May 06, 2018
This Mr. Kayode! U r good, man. I dnt even knw if d story has ended or nt. Suspense, I guess.

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by EvaJael(f): 10:39pm On May 06, 2018
Nooooo. I'm shedding tears right now sef

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 07, 2018
Facinating!

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 07, 2018
Madera001:
THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO -

THE MIRACLE MISTRESS
So jejely I’m just sitting at Iya Bode’s bar sipping my beer. I kuku don’t have any runs for this weekend. Bimpe had told me earlier today that her dog was not feeling fine and she would be taking her to the vet this weekend. But that Bimpe girl sha! With her sexy figure 8! After all these years of secret office dating with nothing to show for it (No kissing, No Hugging), I finally managed to convince her to spend the weekend at my place this weekend but that’s when her yeye dog knows she is going to be sick (that's her excuse). Kunle my roommate thinks she is playing me but i disagree, that girl loves me too much and i don't want anything bad to happen to her dog because of me. The yeye Kunle must be feeling like one winner now that he has the main room to himself after we had argued for almost like forever about whose turn it is to use the main room this weekend. The thought of going to Lucky our usual ashawo joint crossed my mind but the way I was beginning to have feelings for that Belinda girl is getting me scared. I mean how can a whole me Taofik shakitibobo himself be having feelings for a call girl? L’aye! Kole wek! So that brings me to why I settled for Iya Bode’s place. At least after my regular 2 bottles of beer and maybe one or two plates of pepper soup (depending on how the night goes) I will go and sleep in peace on the couch in the other room.

I was thinking of how boring this weekend is going to be and how to face Kunle when I get home, I’m sure he will definitely want to rob it in (I too make mouth about my Bimpe runs). I was so caught up in my thought I didn’t notice a lady collapsing into the chair beside me. ‘What are you drinking?’ her voice brought me out of my thought. ‘Sorry, you said’ I replied. She then looked at me more closely the way a medical doctor would his patient ‘good evening, is everything ok? You don’t seem to be here at all’ she quizzed, I’m like ‘I’m ok jare, just a little tired after the day’s work, at least thank God today is Friday, I’ll have enough time to rest’, she smiled and said ‘eeya sorry, so what’s the name of your drink, your bottle has no label’. That’s true my bottles usually has no label, I peel them off almost immediately after opening the crown cock on it, meanwhile in my mind I’m like who is this JJC girl at a bar all by herself asking me for the name of my drink, she wan pay for me? ‘Eagle….that’s the name of my drink’ I tried to pay more attention to her face, I mean, if I’m going to be chatting with a stranger- a girl for that matter- I should at least know what she looks like. She looks like an omo butter kind of girl but damn, this babe fine sha! Dark skinned, plumb body, not plumb like fat oo, like Omotola Jolade kind of plumb, big Ghana weaving hair style, her age should be between 23 and 25 and to make matter worse she even has a dimple to match her flawless dentition, omo-boy gass try his luck on this one.

PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE STORY HERE --------> https://www.nairaland.com/4490126/chronicles-taofik-shakitibobo-miracle-mistress
open your own thread and stop polluting other peoples thread.

5 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:36pm On May 07, 2018
The last chapter is coming up in a couple of minutes...

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:39pm On May 07, 2018
Chapter 14

6 months later

As she sat there on the stage, staring at the sea of teenagers in white on white school uniform looking up her, she wondered how the talk would go. They were being addressed by their vice principal; a slow talking grey haired man with pot belly almost bursting the buttons of the grey shirt he had on. She had done about half a dozen talks in the last 4 months, but they were all co educational schools; this particular school was an all boys school and she could see some of the older boys ogling her, even though she had dressed as modest as possible in black pant suit.

As usual, she had requested for students from SS1-3; that was her target audience. They were mostly in their mid teens to late teens and eager to experiment with anything new that they thought would make them appear cool to their peers.

As Tiwatope heard the man finish her introduction and call her name, her heart skipped a beat. She swallowed saliva and walked up to the podium. After an awkward moment of prolonged silence, she cleared her throat before saying, “Hello boys.”
There was a loud echo of, “Good morning ma” across the hall. She was surprised at the chorused positive response, and it gave her a little confidence.

“How many of you guys are science students?” She asked and about half of them raised their hands. She looked at them for a while, and then said, “I mean, science students. You know what I mean.” She added and winked. She could see smiles slowly start to appear across their faces as murmuring in the assembly hall grew gradually. “Awon omo science students!” She said out loud, and there was a shout of enthusiastic approval among the students. Some of them started singing the Olamide song she had gotten her words from.

She waited for them to go silent and then continued with, “I’m not here to preach to you about the dangers of taking Codeine. I’m not here to tell you how abusing Tramadol or Refnol can cause organ damage in your body. I’m sure you all know that.” She went silent for several seconds, letting the students hunger for her next words, and then she said, “I’m here to tell you a story. I’m here to tell you a love story.”

The End

5 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:40pm On May 07, 2018
Till I come your way again, I say, thank you for reading.

Signed...

Kayode Odusanya.

7 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 5:01pm On May 07, 2018
You deserve some accolades boss!!!!!; You always deliver. What an ending, if only Tolu survived, I guess we can't always get what we want. Waiting for another story and updates on 30 days and 30 nights

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by skubido(m): 8:22pm On May 07, 2018
Tanks a lot boss, God bless ya hand work

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:16pm On May 07, 2018
skubido:
Tanks a lot boss, God bless ya hand work

Amen!
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:18pm On May 07, 2018
Ann2012:
You deserve some accolades boss!!!!!; You always deliver. What an ending, if only Tolu survived, I guess we can't always get what we want. Waiting for another story and updates on 30 days and 30 nights

3 Days and 30 Nights is complete. I ended the story about 7 weeks ago.
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 07, 2018
The end ? As in the story don finish ?

Well done Sir. But am waiting for epilogue.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her 39th Birthday Today / Chronicles Of A Housemaid / Best Biography You Ever Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.