Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft (29243 Views)

Nigerian Man Rejoices As He Captures A Very Big Owl In His Home (Pics/Video) / Tolani: Ekiti Boy Generates Electricity From 2 Stones To Power His Home / Ugandan Man Kills A Lion Trying To Attack His Home. He Gets Injured (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by Bluffly: 7:50am On Apr 07, 2018
Nobody can stop him. If he his determined, let him work a remote control on it and put a dummy human of average human weight and test it. In this age and time risk are always reduced to the minimum. After successful test with dummy, he should complete he invention with the right safety body wear. In this video such isn't present.
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by rickyrex(m): 7:51am On Apr 07, 2018
he must have tasted that aircraft before showcasing it in public. let the government provide a space where the work will be tasted by him and with close monitoring should otherwise happens
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by ezehisaac(m): 7:52am On Apr 07, 2018
Hehehe, laughing in Swahili. grin

Seriously though, why are we Africans like this? When are we going to stop cajoling the international community into paying cheap attention and sympathy to Africans?
How on earth could he attempt to fly whatever he calls that thing? I still find it difficult to believe that people would criticize the police for doing the needful by stopping the suicider from flying the so-called aircraft which had ropes in place of bolts and nuts. shocked shocked

I feel not for him, but the house or people he would send to their early graves when “that thing crashes”.

Note: Quote me with an argument that is data-driven.

1 Like

Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by BlueScholar(m): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2018
grin
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by SAMBARRY: 8:19am On Apr 07, 2018
At least encourage his effort na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 07, 2018
If only Fowl head Africans knew how many people died on the process of inventing penicillin

Stop killing the dreams and spirit of African inventors.... Africa is in dark ages and powerless because African inventors has chosen to leave Africa behind and travel abroad.
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by 36STATES: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2018
Way better effort than all the crap they call inventions here in Nigeria. Did you hear him explain the science behind his flight?
In Nigeria they would not explain anything, because they are incapable....like the guy with solar panel on the roof of his VW Beetle or the one that claims that his gen runs on water.
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by wolfenstein(m): 8:25am On Apr 07, 2018
but dis video old sha, Manchester United 1 vs 2 westbrom. where Op pick dis video from
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by kingzjay(m): 8:52am On Apr 07, 2018
There is always a first time and it is never a crime to try

But wait! What if the firat aircraft was stopped from being launched, where would we be by now.

All I see is a determined man being stopped from making history - whether for good or bad
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by Konze70: 9:05am On Apr 07, 2018
He has been prevented from embarking on a suicide mission .
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by focus7: 9:08am On Apr 07, 2018
This is the reason why Africa don't develop. A US man recently tested his home made rocket nobody stopped him.
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by Charles478: 10:28am On Apr 07, 2018
davodyguy:

They're preventing disaster.
It was said that the police acted cos the guy doesn't have aviation license.
Quite logical
I don't think u need aviation license to fly a glider, he should ask for permission from authorities and when granted he should test his invention in an open field. It will be sad if he doesn't test it after wasting 2 yrs and all his savings on it.
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by godofuck231: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2018
Guy welcome to Africa, if they don't kill you they will kill your dreams, trust me ure not qualified to fly also, the village elders have spoken

Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by Groovenaija360(m): 11:37am On Apr 07, 2018
Afec1000givers:
to prevent public embarrasment my guy arranged police to stop him from flying. sharp guy

You must be stupid

Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by Opeyemi4real(m): 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
DBlackCeazer:
No beef, but this poo can't fly.
You wrote beef after your 'No beef' Africa will never grow with people like you. Even if it won't fly (from your myopic mind) don't call it a poo! I'm sure it will fly even if it won't go far. Thank God he's not from Nigeria where people don't appreciate efforts!
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by Makaveli1166(m): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2018
judgedredd22:
THAT is basically a glider which is quite common in saner environments. It is a simple tech that can be done from a manual. So, instead of them getting a professional to verify the viability of the machine, they are telling him to stop his attempted flight.

Get a professional / professionals to see if it is okay, if not, help make it better and advance indigenous tech. that is how societies grow from level to level tech-wise and eventually create something spectacular. but africans will use their superstitious brain and mind to tear down any modicum of progress from liberated individuals who see beyond their environment. If it were some white guy, i'm sure the governor of that state and the chief of the community would have come out to see what he would be able to do.

africans and their mentality are their own worst enemies!!

always learn to look beyond the ordinary!
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by Beey(f): 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2018
Tazopoop:
Kenyans and their crazzzie attitude
What crazy attitude are you talking about? How many Kenyans do you know in person.Or maybe they learned from the Nigerians with their crazy attitude.Mtcheeew.
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 07, 2018
It's for safety reasons.

This guy should have spent that money building a car or tricycle to use as a taxi instead of reinventing the glider.
Re: Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft by tck2000(m): 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
anochuko01:
Kenyan boy rescued from suicide.
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rainstorm Pulls Down A Mast In Ogba, As Thunder Storm Cut Down A Tree In Lagos / The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning / Yahya Usman Ahmad Constructs Airplane Model With Local Materials. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.