Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,994 members, 7,863,566 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:15 PM

‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie (503 Views)

Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" / Sultan: Something Worse Than Boko Haram May Emerge In The North / Boko Haram/herdsmen: Ethnic Nationalities Regroup To Defend Territories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie by Reportmusic(f): 11:47am On Apr 06, 2018

Archbishop Emeritus of Lagos, Anthony Cardinal Okogie, yesterday, wrote Nigerians, speaking on the greatest problem of the masses.

According to the cleric, politicians were more harmful to Nigerians than the incessant attacks by Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen.

The former Archbishop said the recent call by former Defence Minister, Lt. General Theophilus Danjuma (retd), for self-defence should normally cause apprehensions in the presidency, since its legitimacy was in doubt.

In his latest letter to the nation, entitled “We are waiting and watching 2,” Okogie said politicians, rather than herdsmen, kidnappers and armed robbers, were the real threat to the nation’s security.

His letter came at a time Rev. Fr. Matthew Kukah, Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, said it would be the greatest miracle for Nigeria to pull through the 2019 elections successfully.

Okogie said rather than worry about several informed admonitions, government’s apologists, as usual, opted to insult the messenger, insisting that the nation’s “political leaders constitute the greatest threat to security in this country, not armed robbers nor kidnappers, not Boko Haram nor herdsmen.”

Okogie’s letter is a follow-up to his last, with the same title.

It reads, “Whoever loves Nigeria should be concerned about the security of life and property within her borders.

“It affects all of us across party, ethnic and religious lines. It affects the rich and the poor.

“Unfortunately, it can, and it ought to be said that our political leaders constitute the greatest threat to security in this country, not armed robbers nor kidnappers, not Boko Haram nor herdsmen.

“Nigerians are currently forced to watch a show of shame by the ruling party of today and the ruling party of yesterday.

“Such are accusations and counter-accusations of looting that Nigerians find it difficult to differentiate between the accuser and the accused.

“Huge sums of money belonging to the people of Nigeria obviously got into wrong hands and for wrong reasons. There are good reasons to suspect that the looting that took place cut across party lines.

“Nigerians deserve to know how, for example, the two leading parties financed their campaigns in 2015.

“But instead of honest answers, we are treated by the two big parties to a theatrical display of politically motivated compilation of lists of looters.

“Nigerians deserve to know how, for example, the two leading parties financed their campaigns in 2015.

“But instead of honest answers, we are treated by the two big parties to a theatrical display of politically motivated compilation of lists of looters.

‘’We are forced to say what Jesus said to the accusers of the adulterous woman in the Gospel: whoever has not sinned let him cast the first stone.”

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/04/06/politicians-more-dangerous-than-boko-haram-herdsmen-cardinal-okogie/

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: ‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie by theophorus(m): 11:50am On Apr 06, 2018
Okay, we have hear...

But Bishops, Imams, Pastors, Alfa etc... too should rebuke these Politicians, as they form part of their congregation...
Re: ‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie by bjayx: 11:50am On Apr 06, 2018
Definitely
Re: ‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie by Baawaa(m): 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2018
According to the cleric, politicians were more harmful to Nigerians than the incessant attacks by Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen.
Our politicians are the ones using them,
Re: ‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie by lilfreezy: 12:20pm On Apr 06, 2018
We are in deep trouble in this country. If we are having it this bad in 2018, i can only imagine what 2040 would look like in this country. The constitution ain't working, the structure ain't working, our political class are greedy and divisive.
My only goal has always been to hustle and save enough money to leave the shit hole so as to give my children a better life in the future.

God save us all
Re: ‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie by buhariguy(m): 12:26pm On Apr 06, 2018
What will i tell this idiotic pigs of Biafra emeritus.

Wetin concern buhari campaign funds with the problem of Nigeria.

Did CBN give money to buhari.?

Only idiotic people will join party to ask APC where them got the from.
Where did PDP get their from.
From CBN ..

But APC does not know the road to CBN in 2014.
Re: ‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie by ruphiatBeads: 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2018
BabatCargo:
True,because the politicians can do anything to make bokoharam stay relevant because of their pocket,they are the creator of bokoharam,so you are not far from the truth

Enjoy enough discount on shipping to Nigeria from US and China at $4.5/kg

So you ran away from your thread. It has become a dreadful place you no longer wish to advertise there anymore. You are so unreliable. This is my first time of doing business with you and disappointment is an understatement. I thought someone said you are sick. My Omotosho Babatunde Ezekiel am begging you one more time, give me an update on my order. It's 19days already for a shipment of 7 days. And if have been scammed just tell me so I can count my losses and move on. Heaven knows I won't even do the mistake of recommending you to my worst enemy
Re: ‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie by Ngokafor(f): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2018
Spot on...Politicians from the north are 100% behind boko-haram.They formed and nutured it,arming and paying 'amnesty' to them
Re: ‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie by Buharimustgo: 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2018
He is right
Re: ‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie by authehighness: 8:03pm On Apr 06, 2018
buhariguy:
What will i tell this idiotic pigs of Biafra emeritus.

Wetin concern buhari campaign funds with the problem of Nigeria.

Did CBN give money to buhari.?

Only idiotic people will join party to ask APC where them got the from.
Where did PDP get their from.
From CBN ..

But APC does not know the road to CBN in 2014.
you going far with this your useless defending of pmb govt,cardinal okogie,even in the days of military regime has been vocal against injustice and anti people policies,calling him idiot,shows you mad without knowing it
Re: ‘politicians More Dangerous Than Boko Haram, Herdsmen’ – Cardinal Okogie by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2018
His Grace you are right.

Nigerian politicians are worse than Boko haram and Fulani terrorists.

But,verily verily I say unto you Buhari's administration is worse than Boko Haram,Fulani terrorists and ISIS combined.

What am I even saying.

Buhari administration is Boko haram and Fulani terrorists.

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN

(1) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu Visits Ooni Of Ife,advocates Support For Buhari— 6th April 2018 / Ekiti 2018: I Offer To Stay Away From Primaries For Peace ―fayose / 2019: PDP Considering Changing Name, Holds Emergency Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.