Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Many Were Shot Dead As Robbers Raid Bank In Offa, Kwara State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Many Were Shot Dead As Robbers Raid Bank In Offa, Kwara State (543 Views)

Robbers Raid Three Banks In Benue, Kill Seven / Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Many Were Shot Dead As Robbers Raid Bank In Offa, Kwara State by Lukgaf(m): 4:42pm On Apr 06, 2018
Ten persons were killed and several others injured after armed robbers attacked a popular commercial bank in Offa, Kwara State.

A resident of the area, who gave her name as Bosun, told DAILY POST that the attack also left several persons injured.

The robbers, she said, shot sporadically forcing residents and businesses to close shop in the Sanni Aba area of the town.

“Those of us close to the banks were indoors, while some were taking cover elsewhere. Heavy gunshots were heard and dynamites were being used.

“The operation lasted for more than one hour. When we went out after the operation, four persons were already killed,” the source told our reporter on Thursday.

Meanwhile, Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State has confirmed the robbery incident in the state.

Reacting, Governor Ahmed expressed sadness at the incident, urging resident to be calm as security agencies are working earnestly to bring the attackers to justice.

The governor in a statement on his Facebook page wrote “I am very saddened by the tragic events at Offa today. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who died in the armed robbery attack in the town today.

“I am in constant touch with the security agencies in the state and have urged them to do all within their power to secure Offa and environs and bring the attackers to justice.

“I have also directed the health services to rapidly deploy emergency services to treat those injured in the attack. My heartfelt condolences to the people of Offa and the families of victims of today’s attack.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/04/05/breaking-four-shot-dead-robbers-raid-bank-offa-kwara/

Re: Many Were Shot Dead As Robbers Raid Bank In Offa, Kwara State by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 06, 2018
Na wa for you oh. You are just cutting and pasting people's views and comments on nairaland. Be original OK.

cool

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Arrested With Charms And Exotic Cars (see Photos) / Photos: Man Beats Mom To Death Over Prophecy / Man Beaten Up For Allegedly ‘stealing’ A Young Man’s Manhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.