Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into (47757 Views)

Can You Buy A House With A Grave? / Hot Sale Just Out 2 Storey Building Newly Built, 2 Building Inside Compound, Con / To Let Decent 3 Bedrooms Ground Flat, 3t 2b, 2 Occupants To Share Compound @ I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by majola(m): 11:01pm On Apr 09, 2018
Op, may i know what part of the country is this flat you are about paying for is located? I will honestly help you.
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by DonBobes(m): 11:02pm On Apr 09, 2018
Oyindidi:
Always faulting the blackman. Why bury someone in a place you'll give out for rent?
Beats me too, my exact thot
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by bezimo(m): 11:04pm On Apr 09, 2018
Don't move into that house..It not wise. Look for somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Cutehector(m): 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
Please where is the house, if you have paid rent and afraid to pack in, please let me be in your stead..

I will even have sex with my girlfriend on the grave... And take my bath on it..

Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Martinez19(m): 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
After going through this thread, I can conclude that blacks are daft in thinking. Most blacks are intellectual failures ravaged by religious superstition and other forms of magical thinking. More astonishing is that these intellectual failures are very confident and, sometimes, arrogant when talking. They think they have "seen" life and know what they are talking about but they are just disgracing themselves.

Intellectually, politically and civilisationwise, most Africans are failures.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by dman4mdmoon(m): 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
babalonimi:
Shebi na outside d grave dey, go to iworoko Ekiti, na inside room.
No be only Iworoko, na the entire Ekiti. I grew up in Ikere where we had grandpa buried within the apartment. We would spread mat and sleep on the cemented grave.

1 Like

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
revolt:
This one doesn't know tht everywhere u go at some point somebody was buried there in the past. Perhaps 500 yrs ago sef. Blackman and stupidity. Always bothered about spirits tht don't exist in our dimension.
True talk
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by jbtobsyn(m): 11:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
Martinez19:
After going through this thread, I can conclude that blacks are daft in thinking. Most blacks are intellectual failures ravaged by religious superstition and other forms of magical thinking. More astonishing is that these intellectual failures are very confident and, sometimes, arrogant when talking. They think they have "seen" life and know what they are talking about but they are just disgracing themselves.
U dey talk as if Na only blacks believe in ghosts.Asian,European believes ghosts exist,if not they won't act films about demons,ghosts and evil spirits.

8 Likes

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
I will advise u take people mentioned into consideration, children & d pregnant wife, whether for psychological or spiritual reasons. Take or leave it, ghosts exist & they are real. For those who doubt it, just search for it on YouTube or google, u'll be amazed at d result. Although as a Christian, nothing, spiritual/physical, should disturb u, but it's good to guide against running into a needless trouble. It's well!

3 Likes

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Lexusgs430: 11:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
GoodKay:
Hello all. Pls I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I'm about to pay for a house and I noticed there's a graveyard inside d compound and close to our side of d house (its just 2 flat bungalow. Someone else is already occupying d back flat). We asked and they said d mother of d owner of d house was buried there.

At first I didn't even mind at all but I just thought it wise to ask questions before we pay. Is there anything wrong moving into a house where someone u do not know was buried?

Also I have 2 small boys and expecting a 3rd child and my boys play a lot and I have no doubt that one day they may play to that grave as its at our front yard.

What are ur advice's please? Does it mean? Can we go ahead and stay there? Anything wrong in staying at a house where someone was buried? I'm not afraid I just want to be sure that there's no spiritual consequences or anything of sort

The only time I would reside in a residential apartment with a graveyard, is only when the deceased is a Family member.......

Use that graveyard as a bargaining chip to obtain discount on your rent agreement (if possible, sign a short lease period)...

1 Like

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Tomson992000: 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
My Broda, look for another house.

2 Likes

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Martinez19(m): 11:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
jbtobsyn:

U dey talk as if Na only blacks believe in ghosts.Asian,European believes ghosts exist,if not they won't act films about demons,ghosts and evil spirits.
So people that act films involving demons actually believe in demons? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Martinez19(m): 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
jbtobsyn:

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
If you live in the Lagos mainland, you'll realise that Lagos is a massive graveyard inhabited by the living and the dead. Most compounds bury their patriach and matriarch right in the compound.

Kids play on top of the epitaph, people take fresh air right on top of the grave while waiting for NEPA or while waiting for ota pia pia they sprayed in the room to degrade mosquitoes just like our Army degraded Boko haram .

Its part of the architecture of most houses built between the seventies and before the Millennium.

7 Likes

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by linearity: 11:27pm On Apr 09, 2018
GoodKay:
Hello all. Pls I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I'm about to pay for a house and I noticed there's a graveyard inside d compound and close to our side of d house (its just 2 flat bungalow. Someone else is already occupying d back flat). We asked and they said d mother of d owner of d house was buried there.

At first I didn't even mind at all but I just thought it wise to ask questions before we pay. Is there anything wrong moving into a house where someone u do not know was buried?

Also I have 2 small boys and expecting a 3rd child and my boys play a lot and I have no doubt that one day they may play to that grave as its at our front yard.

What are ur advice's please? Does it mean? Can we go ahead and stay there? Anything wrong in staying at a house where someone was buried? I'm not afraid I just want to be sure that there's no spiritual consequences or anything of sort

This is normal in Nigeria, especially in the south...there are no concept of central cemetery in many places and the only area that come close to a central cemetery in many communities is the evil forest where the dead bodies of people that died either through abominable acts or who commit suicide are dumped...for the rest, they are either buried in front of the house or even inside the house.

Fear not, just keep an eye on your kids, so they respect the grave not take they pay homage to it, just not to play on it in a way that is disrespectful as the relatives wouldn’t take it kindly.

2 Likes

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Ignatio(m): 11:28pm On Apr 09, 2018
Sagamite:

Yes, something is wrong o.

The ghost of the person buried there would rise in the dark and be making scary noises.

The ghosts also eat children (especially new-born babies) if you don't spray holy water on the children every night before they go to bed and ensure there is one bible each above their head, below their feet and at either sides of the hand.

So please don't move in except you can cope with that.

Anuofia!

You deserve an eternal ban.
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Awoofawo(m): 11:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
The building I stayed in while at uni got grave inside, some of us the students even slept on top it, sometime also eat our meal on it.....funny thing is some guy even nacked them babes on top the yeye thing...... No thing happen...it is all about your mind set........ Who born the moda4ka ghost to com show face, dem go use am smoke weed cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 09, 2018
Op...A man I know bought a land and built a house sharing a fence with a cemetery. The land was in an isolated area surrounded by bushes that when people who go to visit the cemetery to bury their dead pass by, his house is the only house you find after driving past. Because of this, the land was very cheap hence he saw it as an opportunity because the land was big and 10 times cheaper than what he would have gotten it for in the human populated area.

People were puzzled at his decision and asked him what gave him the nerve to buy a land at such a place?

"Aren't you afraid of having dead people surrounding your house?", he was asked.

The man with a straight face replied, "I am not afraid of having dead people as my neighbours...it is people who are alive like you that I am scared of".

Case closed!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by linearity: 11:31pm On Apr 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

The only time I would reside in a residential apartment with a graveyard, is only when the deceased is a Family member.......

Use that graveyard as a bargaining chip to obtain discount on your rent agreement (if possible, sign a short lease period)...

Use the graveyard as a bargaining chip? It is a non starter for many families and there are people that will not even rent to you again, if you bring it up, even if you changed your mind and want to pay the original price or add money.

It is a clear sign that, you don’t know the value and custom and are someone that may likely disrespect the gravel in the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by olurili(m): 11:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
Is nothing joor,just buy plenty fan cos the dead can knock ur window anytime the heat is too much

1 Like

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
GoodKay:

Dude, please stop this nonsense talk. You’re not Joe single anymore, you have wife and kids to think about.

Is this the only house in Nigeria that you can rent?

3 Likes

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Temple1288(m): 11:34pm On Apr 09, 2018
Black people from Africa always talking about irrelevant things.

Even the place you're staying now might have been used for burying people some 200 years ago. What concerns the remaining bones and possibly an unperished/undecayed hair deep down the soul the soil with people living in the house? But trust black brains-- they ll surely call a certain fraudster standing with a long tie around his neck to come and sprinkle groundnut oil.. Never seen a bone moving.

Ndi Isi Oji!

1 Like

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by yom2(m): 11:35pm On Apr 09, 2018
Jibril659:
the house might be haunted grin
there is no spiritual bullshit. is just ur mind playing tricks on u . as long as d person died peacefully and is not related to u. the one close to my house people even sleep on top at night and take cool breeze.

2 Likes

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Houstency(m): 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by petenweke: 11:39pm On Apr 09, 2018
Bros you know what to do stop disturbing people with silly questions. Ask your wife, she's the one that will be hysterical when she starts to see flying people at nite, and if she's okay with it move in tomorrow. Just to bother to invite me to your spirit infested house

1 Like

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by onatisi(m): 11:40pm On Apr 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Dude, please stop this nonsense talk. You’re not Joe single anymore, you have wife and kids to think about.

Is this the only house in Nigeria that you can rent?

this got me cracking .maybe someone has told him it is only in that house he can make it . he for kuku remove the grave since he doesnt want it there grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by yeman1(m): 11:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
Í beg u in d name of God! Don't move in bcoz u didn't know how d person was buried. Speaking from experience.
I was out for work , on getting home around 7pm .. I opened my window where I can see d back yard. So I discovered that there was a compost heal and I tot it was my neighbor that did such.. so I waited for him to come bk too... So he later came around 10pm n his wife... So I asked him about what I saw,, he said he said it but thinking I was d one that made it..so we concluded that we would check it out next morning. I have one Alsatian dog that started barking immediately after 1 (am) and it was very unusual of her to back but d barking was different from ordinary barking ... Just like wolf . So I couldn't sleep because was wondering what happened, I opened d cotton blind but couldn't c anything. So in d morning, my neighbor came to knock my door tht our agent called that it was our landlord's daughter that gave up d ghost , whereas d man is living far from us but decided to bury his daughter there though he has another plot that he can do such..
We went to greet him anyway.
After one month , my neighbor lost his job. Many things begin to happen, badluck started. Started from my car, spending on what I can't account for. My neighbor sold his things, starting from electronics to his eyes glasses to eat. I was devastated. I live alone. My wife and kids are in another state due to work. It was later when one prophet told me to leave d house asap. I couldn't get money to rent, so I have to move with d helps of friends. My neighbor moved out later . He also said d same thing tht they use tht corpse as ritual so it will affect those living in the house.
I ran for my life.
If u c my neighbor u will pity him.
The only grace I have is that I do pray always but my neighbor I can't say.
My brother, pls run oh.. I've said my mind.

3 Likes

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by onatisi(m): 11:43pm On Apr 09, 2018
GoodKay:

very simple problem .just hire a bulldozer and remove the grave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Lexusgs430: 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
linearity:

Use the graveyard as a bargaining chip? It is a non started for many and they are people that will not even rent to you again if you bring it up, even if you changed your mind and want to pay the original price or add money.

It is a clear sign that, you don’t know the value and custom and are someone that may likely disrespect the gravel in the future.

Whatever happened to designated graveyards? Or the moment you decide to have put a graveyard in your premises, you take the property off the rent market? Or cremation?

1 Like

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Obierika(m): 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
There's nothing to be scared of
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by onatisi(m): 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
yeman1:
Í beg u in d name of God! Don't move in bcoz u didn't know how d person was buried. Speaking from experience.
I was out for work , on getting home around 7pm .. I opened my window where I can see d back yard. So I discovered that there was a compost heal and I tot it was my neighbor that did such.. so I waited for him to come bk too... So he later came around 10pm n his wife... So I asked him about what I saw,, he said he said it but thinking I was d one that made it..so we concluded that we would check it out next morning. I have one Alsatian dog that started barking immediately after 1 (am) and it was very unusual of her to back but d barking was different from ordinary barking ... Just like wolf . So I couldn't sleep because was wondering what happened, I opened d cotton blind but couldn't c anything. So in d morning, my neighbor came to knock my door tht our agent called that it was our landlord's daughter that gave up d ghost , whereas d man is living far from us but decided to bury his daughter there though he has another plot that he can do such..
We went to greet him anyway.
After one month , my neighbor lost his job. Many things begin to happen, badluck started. Started from my car, spending on what I can't account for. My neighbor sold his things, starting from electronics to his eyes glasses to eat. I was devastated. I live alone. My wife and kids are in another state due to work. It was later when one prophet told me to leave d house asap. I couldn't get money to rent, so I have to move with d helps of friends. My neighbor moved out later . He also said d same thing tht they use tht corpse as ritual so it will affect those living in the house.
I ran for my life.
If u c my neighbor u will pity him.
The only grace I have is that I do pray always but my neighbor I can't say.
My brother, pls run oh.. I've said my mind.

Nigerians are the funniest ppl on this planet

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by ba7man(m): 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
Oyindidi:
Always faulting the blackman. Why bury someone in a place you'll give out for rent?
That move reduces the value of landed property and slows down development of any area where it's rampant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City,lagos, New Constructed Artificial Water-way / Ghanaian Man Excited At Mansion His Brother Built For Him While He Was Abroad / How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.