Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church (27927 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / How Many Times Have You Gone Out As First Timer In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by Hennyola(m): 11:52am On Apr 08, 2018
countsparrow:
Op, u try... So on point...

There was a church i attended during UNI days, omo after service they said all 1st timers should gather somewhere, na for der dem wan pray make holy ghost enter us come dey speak in tongues... shocked

After like 10 attempts, Sparrow no speak in tongues na so dem talk say make i just speak anything wey come... Still nothing commot my mouth, na so dem free me...

For dem mind, dem go dey say evil dey dis guy mind, na so i pack my bible, bounce commot for church like 2pac

So true, this happened to me during my service year in Ibadan
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
HenryDion:

It's complete now
Thanks man. I had a good laugh.

1 Like

Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by Pentools(m): 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
countsparrow:

There was a church i attended during UNI days, omo after service they said all 1st timers should gather somewhere, na for der dem wan pray make holy ghost enter us come dey speak in tongues... shocked

After like 10 attempts, Sparrow no speak in tongues na so dem talk say make i just speak anything wey come... Still nothing commot my mouth, na so dem free me...

For dem mind, dem go dey say evil dey dis guy mind, na so i pack my bible, bounce commot for church like 2pac

Lolz I can perfectly relate. My winners experience that year....finally spoke in tongues sha grin

1 Like

Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by babaowambe: 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
Write in proper English
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by babaowambe: 12:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
Write in proper English, what kind of ex university student writes in an unreadable language
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by icedsammy: 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2018
trulygirl:
Op must be referring to Winners! wink

Yea! that 11.will give you the insight about Winners.
I nearly killed myself the day it happened to me .
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by Durchess(f): 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
HenryDion:
5. You, when they start singing “you are welcome in the name of the Lord…”

WELL, THIS IS AWKWARD.
i can relate... lol
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2018
HenryDion:
Lalasticlala grin grin
Badt guy grin grin grin
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by Proffeluczy1(m): 2:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
in my local church in the village they only wave at you while standing.

it was when I came to Lagos that I discovered churches welcome people in special ways. when I mean special ways, that include fried rice with attached jelof rice, some british vegiterians, assorted beef and chicken with some chilled Guinness drinks extra pure bottle water that balance the palatable equations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by cchiagom(f): 3:06pm On Apr 08, 2018
HenryDion:
7. When they tell you to pack your bible and move to the front of the church.

CHAI! WHAT IS IT?

You no go kill me with laughterooo
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by Chicagoesontop: 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
HenryDion:

It's complete now

Peace be unto you.
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by ImaIma1(f): 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2018
Very real
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by heskeyw(m): 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2018
remembered my first time at christ embassy at bata junction onitsha, the form they gave us to fill was everything. an assassin can use the details on that form to kill u without seeing ur picture.. though the church service was LTE.

1 Like

Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by heskeyw(m): 4:23pm On Apr 08, 2018
also when i wen to serve in plateau state, i went to ecwa church for the first time, omo, "these people rub us shame". can u imagine that they gave us mic to introduce our selves and what brought us to their town. as in, when it got to my turn, i nearly misplaced my soul with my spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by certifiedosondu(m): 5:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
Chicagoesontop:
I sat in church today when they were welcoming the first timers, the picture is as clear as what the op painted here, i was laughing withing myself and my joy was complete. Our church dey offer soft drinks and snacks to first timers shaa ...Weldon op !!

Chai see free meat. if I come there by chance, I will stand as a first timer even if nah my eleventh time
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by SenorFax(m): 5:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
Best relating picture msg ever. Op keep it up.
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by TrumpDonald2: 6:38pm On Apr 08, 2018
HenryDion:
5. You, when they start singing “you are welcome in the name of the Lord…”

WELL, THIS IS AWKWARD.
Thumbs up bro. You really made me laugh with this thread.
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by obailala(m): 6:59pm On Apr 08, 2018
remi1444:
I've never attended another church since my mom birthed me. I've been automated to that which i was born into.
Means you've never stepped away from home.
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by presh2dk(m): 7:24pm On Apr 08, 2018
HenryDion:
11. When you’re expecting jollof rice but they give you CD of the pastor’s message.

Is THIS THE REFRESHMENT?
Made me laugh hard grin
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by SparrowNet(m): 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2018

For dem mind, dem go dey say evil dey dis guy mind, na so i pack my bible, bounce commot for church like 2pac.

Lols Dominion city Igbariam campus kai!
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by McPhilz8(m): 8:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
Hehehehehehe ;DHehehehehehe
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
I can relate to everything. Op you try.. Kudos to you.
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by talk2percy(m): 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2018
grin grin grin...i tire for all these new generation churches eh...I no gree stand up for that..pls if u know today is ur first time of worshiping with us...i no dey try am say I dey get up, if u look me in the eyes, I will look them straight into their eyes too and be like...is it ur first time, no be my first time

1 Like

Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by Dinzelflash(m): 10:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
countsparrow:

lol reminds me of one time wey I bin attend one christ embassy church for uni, na by force speaking in tongues o for all newcomers
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by dontbothermuch: 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
Very funny wink
Re: 14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church by tamalo: 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
maxiuc:
cheesy
All those sturborn ushers

Went to a friend's child's dedication this usher man rushed me please Sir this way I was like all this chair here is it for ghost suddenly I Saw a chair roll filled with fine chicks damn I told the usher here is referable he still refused before he can say pls Sir come front vum am already sitted he signal me tire hmmm i no even send am today the girl I am dating now is from that church the same roll we sat and it may lead to marriage that's how knew i some usher can deny singles their Life partner
you go church go shase woman? ko?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Going To Church Without Covering Your Hair A Sin? / Anthony Okogie's Open Letter To Buhari / Hilarious Church Poster (pics And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.